Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #31
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Default Re: Cho Seung Hui listened to Shinedown excessively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
^I was thinking the same thing but wanted someone else to say it first..

People get mad at me like Im Marcus Garvey or something when I say this stuff...

What did he say in these types of situations?
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #32
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
It doesn't surprise me that somebody that listens to crappy modern rock when crazy. I don't like most of the rich people I've known, but that doesn't mean they should be killed.

These type of "people" aren't going to be stopped until people start paying attention to something/someone other than themselves.

He sure when crazy out there.

Stop with this stupid crap about his music, what the hell does him listening to "crappy modern rock" have to do with murdering 33 innocents? What a ridiculous statement.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #33
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
If it was hip hop lyrics then the world would be up in arms saying "This is proof that violent lyrics make people do violent things". When its another genre there is nothing but spin and excuses. The kids at Columbine didnt listen to 2pac. But whatever.

Uh, I hate to break it to you but they did do exactly that after Columbine. KMFDM (which was their favorite band IIRC), received a ton of crap. People blaming Marilyn Manson. Blaming Doom. You have a short memory.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:48 AM   #34
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
He sure when crazy out there.

Stop with this stupid crap about his music, what the hell does him listening to "crappy modern rock" have to do with murdering 33 innocents? What a ridiculous statement.

You're (Oops! Did I just make another error?) originality really contributes to the thread so much more.

I was pretty much taking shots at modern rock more than blaming music for this kids actions. If you had sat back a minute and thought before making a poor and unoriginal attempt to be witty, you might have figured it out.

I guess maybe I just had my expectations too high.

what the hell does him listening to "crappy modern rock" have to do with murdering 33 innocents?

Doesn't it make alittle more sense to to say:

what the hell does him listening to "crappy modern rock" have to do with murdering 33 innocent people?

If your going to be the grammar police, you should considering not breaking the rules yourself.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 04-19-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #35
Randy

Quote:
You're (Oops! Did I just make another error?) originality really contributes to the thread so much more.

I was pretty much taking shots at modern rock more than blaming music for this kids actions. If you had sat back a minute and thought before making a poor and unoriginal attempt to be witty, you might have figured it out.

I guess maybe I just had my expectations too high.

what the hell does him listening to "crappy modern rock" have to do with murdering 33 innocents?

Doesn't it make alittle more sense to to say:

what the hell does him listening to "crappy modern rock" have to do with murdering 33 innocent people?

If your going to be the grammar police, you should considering not breaking the rules yourself.

No, innocents is actually perfectly fine within English syntax.

And where did I try to be witty? I thought you were being serious about rock music being responsible so I responded accordingly. How was I supposed to know one random post within a rather depressing thread is supposed to be a sarcastic rip on current music? My mistake for not realizing.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #36
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
No, innocents is actually perfectly fine within English syntax.

It's not the type of thing people go around saying all the time. But I was just nitpicking just to return the favor.

Quote:
And where did I try to be witty? I thought you were being serious about rock music being responsible so I responded accordingly. How was I supposed to know one random post within a rather depressing thread is supposed to be a sarcastic rip on current music? My mistake for not realizing.

I was talking about making a big deal out of a mistake that really isn't of any real importance on this board.

Of course it isn't rock music's fault. If it was, I'd also have to say video games and such are at fault for youth violence. I've played them for years and never thought about killing innocent people.

This is a sensitive subject and there are emotions involved, so I understand.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:04 AM   #37
Randy

Quote:
It's not the type of thing people go around saying all the time. But I was just nitpicking just to return the favor.

I was talking about making a big deal out of a mistake that really isn't of any real importance on this board.

Of course it isn't rock music's fault. If it was, I'd also have to say video games and such are at fault for youth violence. I've played them for years and never thought about killing innocent people.

This is a sensitive subject and there are emotions involved, so I understand.

Yeah highlighting an incorrect word is totally irrelevant and uncalled for compared to some of the nonsense I read on here. Everyone has those few seemingly insignificant pet peeves that drive them crazy, and for some reason, grammar and spelling are one of mine. Sorry about the overreaction.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 AM   #38
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Yeah highlighting an incorrect word is totally irrelevant and uncalled for compared to some of the nonsense I read on here. Everyone has those few seemingly insignificant pet peeves that drive them crazy, and for some reason, grammar and spelling are one of mine. Sorry about the overreaction.

I'm not not great with grammar, but alot of my mistakes are because I don't read my post before I hit the reply button.

But it's cool. No problem.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #39
God of BasketBall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Uh, I hate to break it to you but they did do exactly that after Columbine. KMFDM (which was their favorite band IIRC), received a ton of crap. People blaming Marilyn Manson. Blaming Doom. You have a short memory.

Nope because the blame, ton of "crap" didnt last long. Hip Hop is forever scarred with this negative perception. There is ALWAYS a discussion about hip hop and the lyrical content. I dont see it with any other genre. My memory remembers Marilyn Manson defending himself...my memory doesnt remember Marilyn Manson name being forever associated with violence, gun violence. Thats the problem.
God of BasketBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #40
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of BasketBall
Nope because the blame, ton of "crap" didnt last long. Hip Hop is forever scarred with this negative perception. There is ALWAYS a discussion about hip hop and the lyrical content. I dont see it with any other genre. My memory remembers Marilyn Manson defending himself...my memory doesnt remember Marilyn Manson name being forever associated with violence, gun violence. Thats the problem.

There is always a negative perception that goes with rock as well (I'm talking about real rock. Not this foo-foo vag rock like Fall Out Boy and MCR). Rock bands are always the fall out for teenage violence, to say that rock bands are never associated with violence is just an ignorant statement.

Two kids commit suicide? Let's blame Judas Priest and their lyrics.

School shootings? Definitely Manson's among others' fault.

There are many more examples as well. Marilyn Manson, who is extremely intelligent and well spoken, had a fantastic quote in Bowling For Columbine:

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine or the people in that community, what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: