Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default ISH/Jeff, whats the use of banning?

They can come back with another username, and they will, only to be extra motivated to troll. They can come back anyway. I assume ezboard or whatever this forum uses has an IP ban too.

If you ban use that. Other than using that one I don't think there should be bans.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ISH/Jeff, whats the use of banning?

Also, I think it would be better if there are bans, each situation would be explained. Posters will understand what gets you a ban and what doesnt. I get the feeling it isnt clear and 80% is just testing how far they can go.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I agree.

Instead of bans, well, in addition to them, post counts should be reduced or reset. Instead of IP bans with collateral damage, those are the only things I can think of. I dunno if mods can individually eliminate the use of avatars for certain people, if they can, that is another.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ish has ip bans. Ive been lucky enough to had one for a couple hours and I know he has threatened me and GOBB with them before.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far

People that come back with other usernames have no dignity. Absolutley disgraceful.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #6
ballahollic
I airball my layups

ballahollic has an OK reputation so far

I've probably had 15 IP bans. They're really annoying.
ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

What bothers me is when guys like GoBB get banned, and immediately sign onto alter egos, like Voice of Reason, and continue posting like nothing happened. If these posters dont have the decency to serve out a ban period without posting anymore crap, then IP bans dont seem so severe.

-----
GOBB/Voice of Reason
Hall&Oates/TheRoxy
Hawker/Telephone
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 AM   #8
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
What bothers me is when guys like GoBB get banned, and immediately sign onto alter egos, like Voice of Reason, and continue posting like nothing happened. If these posters dont have the decency to serve out a ban period without posting anymore crap, then IP bans dont seem so severe.

-----
GOBB/Voice of Reason
Hall&Oates/TheRoxy
Hawker/Telephone

Why even have bans unless someone is trolling or trying to ruin the board with numerous stupid threads?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 AM   #9
ballahollic
I airball my layups

ballahollic has an OK reputation so far

Decency? This is a message board, not a game of chess. Honour doesn't apply here. No 15 golden rules. No bowing after an arguement.

If you feel like following the samurai code of honour and decide to stab yourself after losing an arguement or getting banned, then so be it. The rest of us will treat this place like it should.
ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #10
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Makes sense though, no?

Whats the point of a petty user bann when chances are that banned user will just go and create a new handle...
Its unevitable...
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #11
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

I must be doing something wrong. I've never been banned so far.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #12
Ron_Artesticle
I hit open layups

Ron_Artesticle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub

-----
GOBB/Voice of Reason
Hall&Oates/TheRoxy
Hawker/Telephone

Didn't you do the same thing?
Ron_Artesticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #13
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

I just don't think banning people like it's done now helps anybody. It's confusing, it's irritating.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 AM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

lets ban loot
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #15
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic
If you feel like following the samurai code of honour and decide to stab yourself after losing an arguement or getting banned, then so be it.

I usually don't find any racism funny, but this one did get a snot bubble out of me.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: