Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #31
Clyde
Local High School Star
 
Clyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,660
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Anybody still playing this? I'm moving slowly due to my busy schedule, but it looks like I'm 70% done with the main story. So far my opinion has not changed on either the gameplay or the batmobile.

Story is top notch so far yet again. Only complaint is that there are some major events that seemed anti-climactic the way they happened.

92% finished. All I have remaining is riidler trophies.....which I'll never do.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #32
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,408
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Don't get the DLC. It's all in separate maps which are really super short and not that fun.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #33
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,416
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Don't get the DLC. It's all in separate maps which are really super short and not that fun.
Yeah I've heard the same.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #34
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

I've finally gotten into this game. All three of these games have taken some effort for me to get into, and then I've really enjoyed them once I was in. I'm showing 25% done, but I've done a ton of Riddler trophies and stuff like that, so I'm thinking I'm not that far into the story (I'm on the Stagg Airships). My one gripe right now is that as someone who likes to do the side mission stuff to level up before moving forward, there are times when it feels like I don't have as many options as I should considering how messy the map looks. A lot of stuff that I just can't get to yet. I spent a ton of my upgrades on armor early on, and while I can get through pretty much any combat sequence at this point, it does seem to have limited what I can do because of how little I have in terms of gadgets and gadget related upgrades, including the Batmobile upgrades.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #35
ImmortalNemesis
I am the First Officer
 
ImmortalNemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Bridge
Posts: 49
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Do I need to play Arkham Origins before this?
ImmortalNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #36
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
Do I need to play Arkham Origins before this?


I didn't, but I played Asylum and City.

I honestly don't think any of them would be considered a pre-requisite.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #37
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,416
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

There is way too much Batmobile use towards the end, and since I suck at that aspect of the game, I'm basically stuck. I haven't touched it in almost 2 weeks, will try to finish it this weekend. Looks like I'm more than 80% into the main story, under 60% overall.

I'm really not that happy about the batmobile use in the game. The weird angles as you're trying to get away just make it worse.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #38
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

I'm at about 80% overall, and about that far in the story. I'm about to go into Port Adams, after my second trip to see Stagg on the blimps.

Does this allow you free roam after you're done? Because there's a lot of riddler trophies left for me to find. I'm not sure I'll do them. I'm getting pretty much done with it at this point. I've put away Penguin, Dent, Firefly, Pyg, and finished Azreal. I wouldn't mind finishing up the couple towers and bombs that seem to be left. But otherwise its mostly annoying riddler trophies.

And I'm still missing one weapon, which I'm guessing is the freeze gun.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #39
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

I'll also add, my four and a half year old niece loves the hell outta this game. It's just scary enough without being too scary. And while she can't do much, she can whip around the rooftops with the hook. She can call the batmobile, although you need Dramamine to watch her drive, and she's virtually indestructible in it. She can mash the square to fight against most clusters of bad guys, and it winds up looking pretty cool. And at this point she can pull up the map, mark a point, find the bat symbol, and try to get to it. She also just yesterday started using the tools a little bit. The remote batarang and the explosive gel mostly.

And she loves some of the bad guys. The bat monster she loved. And Harvey Dent.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #40
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,416
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I'm at about 80% overall, and about that far in the story. I'm about to go into Port Adams, after my second trip to see Stagg on the blimps.

Does this allow you free roam after you're done? Because there's a lot of riddler trophies left for me to find. I'm not sure I'll do them. I'm getting pretty much done with it at this point. I've put away Penguin, Dent, Firefly, Pyg, and finished Azreal. I wouldn't mind finishing up the couple towers and bombs that seem to be left. But otherwise its mostly annoying riddler trophies.

And I'm still missing one weapon, which I'm guessing is the freeze gun.
Yes it allows you to free roam until you can get 100% on everything I think, maybe even after that.

I finished the main story last week and am now trying to finish off some side missions before selling the game. I'm about 80% overall as well. I've beaten all the towers, destroyed all the drones flying around (not called out as a mission but it allows for the choppers to return), rescued firefighters, finished Penguin, 2 Face, Pyg, Azreal, Catwoman side stories. I'm now working on getting rid of all the checkpoints and destroying all the APCs.

I have yet to put any serious effort into disarming the bombs/mines or any of the Riddler trophies/challenges. I've tried doing the Firefly missions a couple of times but I always end up losing him. How the hell do I catch him? Do I have to exit the batmobile at just the right time? Is there a prompt that tells you when to exit?

BTW, you need to finish 8 side missions to get the ending after you beat Arkham Knight and Scarecrow. And in order to get the complete ending, you need to 100% the whole game, which is a terrible design choice in my opinion.

PS: You have a really cool niece.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #41
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Yes it allows you to free roam until you can get 100% on everything I think, maybe even after that.

I finished the main story last week and am now trying to finish off some side missions before selling the game. I'm about 80% overall as well. I've beaten all the towers, destroyed all the drones flying around (not called out as a mission but it allows for the choppers to return), rescued firefighters, finished Penguin, 2 Face, Pyg, Azreal, Catwoman side stories. I'm now working on getting rid of all the checkpoints and destroying all the APCs.

I have yet to put any serious effort into disarming the bombs/mines or any of the Riddler trophies/challenges. I've tried doing the Firefly missions a couple of times but I always end up losing him. How the hell do I catch him? Do I have to exit the batmobile at just the right time? Is there a prompt that tells you when to exit?

BTW, you need to finish 8 side missions to get the ending after you beat Arkham Knight and Scarecrow. And in order to get the complete ending, you need to 100% the whole game, which is a terrible design choice in my opinion.

PS: You have a really cool niece.


It took me a bunch of tries to get The Firefly. You just have to stay with him and get close, toward the end of some unspecified time, and it will prompt you to do a glide launch out of the car. Don't do anything once you do the launch, it'll automatically cut to a tackle of him. There seems to be an indicator of how close you are to getting him by some change in the smoke coming out of his backpack. It kinda starts to sputter. He actually wasn't that bad once I figured out what I was doing.

I need one more firefighter. I'm pretty well into those bombs on the street. I think I have one more street checkpoint and one more tower, but neither are on my map. They list the "Threat Level" of each island on the map, that will tell you how many drones are flying around, so you can check if you got them all. I got the last of them last night.

I enjoy puzzles, and to a degree like the riddler trophies. But man some of them are just miserable horseshit time things that I just can't stand.


I also just beat the Arkham Knight tank last night. That was a miserable experience.


My niece is pretty cool. That's because she's got a cool Unc.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #42
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,416
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It took me a bunch of tries to get The Firefly. You just have to stay with him and get close, toward the end of some unspecified time, and it will prompt you to do a glide launch out of the car. Don't do anything once you do the launch, it'll automatically cut to a tackle of him. There seems to be an indicator of how close you are to getting him by some change in the smoke coming out of his backpack. It kinda starts to sputter. He actually wasn't that bad once I figured out what I was doing.

I need one more firefighter. I'm pretty well into those bombs on the street. I think I have one more street checkpoint and one more tower, but neither are on my map. They list the "Threat Level" of each island on the map, that will tell you how many drones are flying around, so you can check if you got them all. I got the last of them last night.

I enjoy puzzles, and to a degree like the riddler trophies. But man some of them are just miserable horseshit time things that I just can't stand.


I also just beat the Arkham Knight tank last night. That was a miserable experience.


My niece is pretty cool. That's because she's got a cool Unc.

So beating Firefly is less about timing and more about keeping up with him until his jetpack runs out? I'll have to try that tonight.

I started focusing on the bombs and finished them and the checkpoints last night. Since I've beaten Arkham Knight I now have to deal with his "contractor" (I won't spoil who that is) and the boss fight of that was a rerun of the cloudburst tank. A lack of a real fight here was by far the most disappointing moment of this game for me. I mean holy shit, who was the idiot who made these decisions? Still, it's been kinda fun getting 92% of the game done so far.

I'm picking up riddler trophies here and there when I feel like it, but I can't see myself putting in any real effort into getting all of them. I did like 90% of them in Arkham City so maybe I'm just burned out on them.

Did you just beat the cloudburst tank or the one in the tunnels? The second is where I was stuck for an eternity and it made me hate the batmobile.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #43
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
So beating Firefly is less about timing and more about keeping up with him until his jetpack runs out? I'll have to try that tonight.

I started focusing on the bombs and finished them and the checkpoints last night. Since I've beaten Arkham Knight I now have to deal with his "contractor" (I won't spoil who that is) and the boss fight of that was a rerun of the cloudburst tank. A lack of a real fight here was by far the most disappointing moment of this game for me. I mean holy shit, who was the idiot who made these decisions? Still, it's been kinda fun getting 92% of the game done so far.

I'm picking up riddler trophies here and there when I feel like it, but I can't see myself putting in any real effort into getting all of them. I did like 90% of them in Arkham City so maybe I'm just burned out on them.

Did you just beat the cloudburst tank or the one in the tunnels? The second is where I was stuck for an eternity and it made me hate the batmobile.


I beat the Cloudburst Tank out on the street where I had to hit it four or five times in different spots. And that was after taking out a half dozen of those tanks you have to hit from behind. It was pretty miserable.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #44
nightprowler10
Hold the door
 
nightprowler10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Madhouse on Madison
Posts: 4,416
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I beat the Cloudburst Tank out on the street where I had to hit it four or five times in different spots. And that was after taking out a half dozen of those tanks you have to hit from behind. It was pretty miserable.
Yeah it was pretty bad. Firing your cannon to goad them towards you is supposed to work but I can't say I had much luck. I was able to use that strategy with the excavator though while parked in the tunnel I wanted to use.

I was able to catch Firefly the first two times but I find it very difficult to keep up on the last one. Way too many turns and I've flipped the batmobile a dozen times trying to keep up with him.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #45
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,755
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Is Almost Here! June 23rd!

I can't believe I'm still playing this ...

I bought Barbara Gordon back to the Police Station last night. Now the map has repopulated with a handful of checkpoints and various other small items.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy