Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #31
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,886
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

Where is the end thread button?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #32
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianoVirtuos
How are Hughes and Z better than Odom and Walton?

LO - 16 ppg-10 rpg-5apg
Z - 11 ppg-7rpg-2apg

Luke - 11-5-4, 47 % FG
Hughes - 15-4-4, 40 % FG

And then, do the Cavs really have worse depth?

I don't think so.

Kwame, Bynum, Turiaf, Cook > Gooden, Varejao, Marshall

Mo Evans = Pavlovic

Lakers PG's = Cavs PG's.

I really don't see it how it's close.

Odom trashes both Hughes and in every category, doesn't it?
If he's so good with such great numbers doesn't that give the Lakers the 2nd best player from both teams?
And not to mention he also fits Kobe perfectly as he does all the small things.
And plays good defense too.

No one on the Cavs besides LeBron has as many ppg as Odom. No one has as many rpg, including LeBron. No one but LeBron has more apg.


Since the Lakers have such a great players and other positions are comparable if not actually going to the Lakers favor and Phil is so much better than Brown so how is it even close?
I honetly don't get it.

Yet the Cavs have 50 wins and 3rd season the row they finish with the better record than the Lakers and people actually say that LeBron had an off year while Kobe was amazing.

So, I really don't see it.

Lakers have much better team, much better coach and everything else and yet....3rd year in row, Cavs have more wins and all that.

Close? Not really. And you can't only blame Smush because their PG's suck just as much if not more.

Soooo? What's thee explanation?

You cant just compare stats to compare players. Big Z is under utilized in Cleveland and Hughes isnt suited to play with Bron. Its not my fault every that came to the Cavs started playing bad because Bron dribbles way to much. Hughes was ballin before Cavs, Marshall was lights out, Big Z was an all star.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,190
pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Paul Pierce taking a bunch of nobody's to the ECF's.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #34
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Paul Pierce taking a bunch of nobody's to the ECF's.
just because a team starts marc blount and eric williams and depends on walter mccarty to play crucial minutes doesn't mean... hmm... yeah, i second this one!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #35
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!
 
Cannonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pa...
Posts: 8,886
Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
You cant just compare stats to compare players. Big Z is under utilized in Cleveland and Hughes isnt suited to play with Bron. Its not my fault every that came to the Cavs started playing bad because Bron dribbles way to much. Hughes was ballin before Cavs, Marshall was lights out, Big Z was an all star.


Woah there boy.

BIG Z was an allstar? 1 time lol it 11 seasons.


Hughes is a 15 ppg career player.

Marshall is overrated.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #36
CristianoVirtuos
Banned
 
CristianoVirtuos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 211
CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
You cant just compare stats to compare players. Big Z is under utilized in Cleveland and Hughes isnt suited to play with Bron. Its not my fault every that came to the Cavs started playing bad because Bron dribbles way to much. Hughes was ballin before Cavs, Marshall was lights out, Big Z was an all star.

And yet they win 50 games every year? Blaming LeBron sounds weak to me though.

You say we can't just compare stats?

Cool then.

Then LeBron clearly impacts the game so much more than Kobe because Cavs have been the better team for last 3 years.
There's no other explanation.

Kobe has clearly the 3rd best player of two teams, LeBron's teammates are underachieving next to him and yet, LeBron's individuality wins 50 games for them every year and they make 2nd round of the playoffs, get close to the EC finals etc?

Then it's set. LeBron >>>> Kobe.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #37
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianoVirtuos
And yet they win 50 games every year? Blaming LeBron sounds weak to me though.

You say we can't just compare stats?

Cool then.

Then LeBron clearly impacts the game so much more than Kobe because Cavs have been the better team for last 3 years.
There's no other explanation.

Kobe has clearly the 3rd best player of two teams, LeBron's teammates are underachieving next to him and yet, LeBron's individuality wins 50 games for them every year and they make 2nd round of the playoffs, get close to the EC finals etc?

Then it's set. LeBron >>>> Kobe.

you logic makes no sense and i blamed lebron for nothing. I simply said he is leading a more overall talented and healthier team to a better record.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #38
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend
 
Baller1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 708
Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Beside the LA LAKERS got the better Coach with Phil Jackson and his Triangle Offense while Cavs have Mike Brown and his Disorganize offensive strategy.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #39
CristianoVirtuos
Banned
 
CristianoVirtuos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 211
CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
you logic makes no sense and i blamed lebron for nothing. I simply said he is leading a more overall talented and healthier team to a better record.

How does my logic make no sense?

How does LeBron have better teammates than Kobe?
More overall talented? Not even close. I already explained you said that LeBron handling the ball so much and them playing badly isn't your fault.

So, I don't quite get the logic? How is that not blaming LeBron?

How is his supporting cast weaker than Kobe's?

How many of LeBron's teammates average more points, rebounds and assists than Odom? Anyone?

And the rest like I said and explained, it goes to Kobe's favor too.

Soo?
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #40
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9
 
PleezeBelieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,441
PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianoVirtuos
And yet they win 50 games every year? Blaming LeBron sounds weak to me though.

You say we can't just compare stats?

Cool then.

Then LeBron clearly impacts the game so much more than Kobe because Cavs have been the better team for last 3 years.
There's no other explanation.

Kobe has clearly the 3rd best player of two teams, LeBron's teammates are underachieving next to him and yet, LeBron's individuality wins 50 games for them every year and they make 2nd round of the playoffs, get close to the EC finals etc?

Then it's set. LeBron >>>> Kobe.
Gotdamn, this guy is serving these contradictory Kobe stans.


*waits for the Kobe fans to let this thread die because they don't have a intellectual counter argument*
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #41
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,613
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

I don't know whether this has been covered or not, but Im damned sure Z has been an allstar since Lebron has been there, and Boozer damn near was one.

And the Cavs have a lot of talent for the EC. They could really really use a pg, however, it doesn't matter all that much because Lebron's ball hogging a$$ would limit his effectiveness, and hurt Hughes even more as he needs the dribble to score too.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #42
STelfair31
National High School Star
 
STelfair31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ISH'S FINEST
Posts: 2,205
STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

if Jermaine goes to LA the Lakers will contend in the West
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #43
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9
 
PleezeBelieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,441
PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
*waits for the Kobe fans to let this thread die because they don't have a intellectual counter argument*
I told you.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #44
Revelation
The Fouler
 
Revelation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 470
Revelation has decent reputation
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
*is only one of 3 players to ever put up 31/7/6. Of the other two, Jerry West played with countless All-Stars and Oscar has never had the team success of LeBron


Not to downplay Lebron's accomplishments but you forgot Jordan.

Jordan in 1988:
PPG: 32.5 RPG: 8.0 APG: 8.0
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:57 PM   #45
Ballastic
<////////////}~
 
Ballastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Ballastic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Has There Ever Been A Player That Has Done More With Less Than LeBron James?

Quote:
He had Cylde Drexler as his supporting cast.
Houston had Drexler in 95 but not in 94.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy