Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

Default E3 2015

You can find the E3 schedule here:
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/13/877...tream-schedule

Last edited by Kungfro : 06-15-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #2
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: E3 2015

Quote:
Google Announces YouTube Gaming Service

Remember last summer when everyone was speculating that Google was looking to buy live streaming giant Twitch so that it could be integrated into their YouTube service, but then Amazon bought Twitch instead?
Well, today, YouTube announced their own live streaming app and website, "YouTube Gaming," that will serve as a hub for live streams, archived videos, and community interaction. YouTube Gaming will launch "later this summer," and will be at E3 showing off the platform to attendees.
The service will be organized around over 25,000 unique "game pages," each dedicated to a specific title. Users will be able to add games games of interest to their "collection" in order to receive notifications whenever new content related to that game is available. Users will also be able to follow the channels of individual YouTube creators and some game companies. (Hey Jeff, just go ahead and follow Arc System now.)
The announcement emphasized a commitment to improving YouTube's live streaming experience:
On top of existing features like high frame rate streaming at 60fps, DVR, and automatically converting your stream into a YouTube video, we’re redesigning our system so that you no longer need to schedule a live event ahead of time. We’re also creating single link you can share for all your streams.
Some of this–the 60fps streams and DVR–is fantastic. The rest is... well... Honestly, it's sort of the bare minimum support necessary for a cohesive live streaming service, so it's good that the company is getting that into place. Hopefully once the foundation is locked down, YouTube Gaming will be able to introduce new features specifically built for broadcasting and archiving game video.
Twitch "welcomed" their new competitor to the field with a social media punch in the arm...

...but I suspect (and hope) that this playful rivalry will exist alongside strong competition that forces both companies to improve the services they're offering consumers. Last year, I interviewed a few folks at Twitch and it seemed like the company had a number of hurdles they needed to clear in order to expand and improve their services, and a strong alternative could help push them to take the necessary leaps. (This interview was before the Amazon acquisition, of course, so it's likely that the larger scale of the retail behemoth offered them some solutions.)
Twitch has had other competitors over the years, like Ustream and Hitbox, but none have really given Twitch a run for its money. YouTube has a few things those other services didn't though: A built in user base, established stars, and a huge backlog of content. Time will tell if that's enough for YouTube Gaming to take on Twitch and become a new destination for live streaming.
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/go...ice/1100-5218/
Old 06-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Rose
good scorer

Nintendo not even trying now.

$14 for 3 DLC characters and a couple new maps (peach's castle looks ugly definitely needed a remaster) for Smash, that's just steep.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Dont care what anyone says im hyped for halo 5
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #5
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Why? That game has gotten so old. It's not 2008 anymore. Unless you love story & fell for the characters.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:22 PM   #6
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Halo, one of the biggest franchises i never got into, perhaps its the faceless protagonist or the story.

But to me, it has always been meh. Multiplayer with friends was fun though. Spent a few Saturdays split-screening.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
outbreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
Halo, one of the biggest franchises i never got into, perhaps its the faceless protagonist or the story.

But to me, it has always been meh. Multiplayer with friends was fun though. Spent a few Saturdays split-screening.

I never really got in to it, played the first and hated the second. I recently went through the first 4 on the master chief collection though and the first, third and fourth are solid games. I guess it's just that the entire FPS genre in general feels bland these days for me but they still felt above average but nothing amazing any more.

As someone with all the next gen console I'm just hoping for some nice surprises to be announced regardless of platform. Looking at the line up on paper doesn't have me overly excited as there's a lot of sequels or games we have already seen quite a bit of.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 PM   #8
Killbot
Banned

6:30 PT going to be so exciting.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #9
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

Nintendo World Championships - E3 2015
Old 06-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #10
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

hoping for a left for dead 3
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

Nintendo Announces Earthbound Beginnings

Quote:

If you're a fan of Earthbound or the Mother series, you may know that Nintendo of America refused to release the first title in the Earthbound trilogy, until now!

Just before the Nintendo World Championships Mother series developer Shigesato Itoi revealed Mother 1 will be releasing on the Wii U Virtual Console in the form of Earthbound Beginnings.

If that wasn't enough the game is available to download today 6/14! Now let's get working on a US release for Mother 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML8Xwgo8Je4

http://www.gamerampage.net/all/ninte...und-beginnings
Old 06-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #12
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

I imagine most people will be watching the finals, but here is the link for the Bethesda stream starting soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

edit: starting now

Last edited by Kungfro : 06-14-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #13
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Is it on?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #14
Killbot
Banned

OMG "Please Stand By"
Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
Killbot
Banned

WTF? I might actually miss this to eat out with relatives.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: