Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #1
NASTYWIN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NASTYWIN has an OK reputation so far
Default Shaq's LEGACY

Did anyone else read Bill slimm-ones usual shiat but popular column on Friday where he called the Ben block on Shaq the "end of Shaq!". LOL.

Shaq has put his team back in the finals.

Unless he gets wanked 4-0 he's a true legend.

If he wins he goes down as the Greatest Centre(er) ever!!!
NASTYWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
If he wins he goes down as the Greatest Centre(er) ever!!!

agreed. hes the most dominant and pretty much wherever he went, no matter what the circumstances are...it equaled to success.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #3
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

It does show his decline. Simmons has a good point there. Shaq never got blocked like that, period.

That said, he is still the best center in the league, at least for one more year imo and is still the biggest reason for his teams success.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:08 AM   #4
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shaq IS a legend, nobody's denying that.
IMO, though, his status is pretty much fixed, at least in my book. I had his career at No4 (slightely above Hakeem's), but clearly below Jabbar's, who was my No3. If he wins the title and the MVP, he'll cut the margin, but not bridge it.

(I may move him one step above in the all-time players' list, though).
Psileas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #5
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Shaq is great, no doubt. If he wins his 4th ring he"ll become even greater. However, I think Kareem is the greatest center ever.
He dominated HS, college and the NBA like no other player in the history of the NBA.
Kareem is the goat IMO.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #6
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Im not sure he goes down as the greatest ever.

He is certainly in the arguement though.

Wilt, Russell, Kareem and Hakeem all have legit cases over him. Hakeem won "more" with less, by that he won his titles in a much stronger league. Kareem has longevity on his side, was dominant, has it all really. Wilt is the most amazing statistically, Russell just flat out won. I think Shaq is in that group. It doesnt really matter what he does from here, win or lose, 6 trips to the finals is pretty incredible always as the best player. Cant really argue against that :)
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #7
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He dominated HS, college and the NBA like no other player in the history of the NBA.

Good call on the total career combo. Kareem is the only player that I would list in my top-5, regardless of competition level. Only Oscar and Wilt come close, but Oscar wouldn't make my NBA top-5 and Wilt my College top-5.
Psileas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
Q-Tip_310
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Q-Tip_310 has an OK reputation so far

Shaq dosen't have enough hardware to stand up to the great 5's history....
Q-Tip_310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
Shogon
High School Starter

Shogon has no real reputation yet.

Shaq is the single most dominating presence in the history of the NBA, when you take into account eras & competition. True, Shaq hasn't played a TON of all time great centers, but the overall center in the league has gotten bulkier & stronger overtime to the point where there are pretty much no thin mints for Shaq to bowl over.

The average center of the current era >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the average center of 20-30+ years ago in terms of strength/athleticism.

Shaq is a top 5 player all time.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #10
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

sommervilleCdn is considered somewhat coolsommervilleCdn is considered somewhat cool

Damon Jones got paid, derrick fisher gots paid. Rick Fox, benefitted from prime shaq. Dood was a Bostonian journeyman...but found his niche, once he left for La/la laker and became a solid D player. Just some of the many example of-

- why, Everything!! the big Daddy touches, turns to gold. Antoine, whit Eboy, mamba...word is born.
sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #11
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

i think that big block that wallace had on shaq has become irrelevant, cuz he didn't win
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #12
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Top 10 in order:

Wilt
Russell
Shaq
M. Malone
Kareem
Hakeem
Mikan
Gilmore
Walton
David Robinson?
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #13
AmazingWade
I airball my layups

AmazingWade has an OK reputation so far

That was just one block Ben Wallace got lucky that Shaq double pumped cause if Shaq goes up the first time he intended to then he dunks it before Wallace ever gets up to him. Regardless I hardy doubt that one block will make or break a mans legacy, especially Shaq's.

Last edited by AmazingWade : 06-03-2006 at 11:39 AM.
AmazingWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
Voratian
Serious playground baller

Voratian has an OK reputation so far

It cements Shaq's legacy as a top 3 center for sure, and one of the top players of all-time quite possibly.
Voratian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #15
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Nastywin? ewwww
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: