Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #16
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I think the Raps should definetly take a chance on bringing him over sooner, rather than later. I'm too lazy to go up and see who said it, but might as well let him bang with the big boys. Even though he wouldn't get much playing time he'd be in practise against MoPete, Calderon, and possibly Brandon Roy?.. or if they draft another guard. I'm not too familiar with the talent level in Europe but I know it would be beneficial to the Raptors and Ukic to have him here for the start of next season.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #17
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation
Ukic is one of those big guards who, although can score, are not strong enough to play SG, not even in Europe. I think he could backup a veteran PG, playing about 15 minutes in a lottery team, as he has a lot to learn. But sooner or later he will end up showing us his amazing offensive skills and quickness.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Last year a lot of mock drafts had him going #16 to the Raptors, so obviously a lot of scouts like his game and potential. For some reason though something kept him from going untill sometime in the second round, I forget what number he was picked. So he is arguably a first round talent and I agree he doens't have the strength to play the 2guard position but that might come in time.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Last year a lot of mock drafts had him going #16 to the Raptors, so obviously a lot of scouts like his game and potential. For some reason though something kept him from going untill sometime in the second round, I forget what number he was picked.

Last year, Ukic went at #41. He wasn't picked till the end of that because of his poor play in workouts. But since he wants to come back according to the article, Toronto can buyout the contract and have him over in time for the Summer League.

Slokar is another story. They are thinking of keeping him in Europe for another season so that he can improve his back to the basket skills. They also need him to improve on his physicality when it comes to the offensive end and defensive end. And with the European leagues such as the Euroleague, it is very aggressive. So here we go with our new improved team.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #20
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Another good game by Roko. 15 pts. Wish he was playing more the whole season.
Doesn't matter though. A few strong games before the NBA. Me likely.. Go Rok!!
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #21
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Nice to see he's puttin together a few good games. Hopefully that means a ticket to T.O.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #22
Danny
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Danny has an OK reputation so far

I was really happy with toronto picked up Ukic with the 41st pick... he was a 15th - 20th pick in some mock drafts.. I think his game suits the NBA more than the Euro style and the coach doesnt like him on the team and that is why he wasnt getting much playing time.. buh now when he is getting a chance to show his skills and abilities.. hez doing a great job... I hope to see him in the Raptors uniform coming season..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: