Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
HornetsFan4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HornetsFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Free Agency

The Hornets are one of the teams with a large chunk of cash to spend this summer, who are some available free agents that you guys think we should sign? Should we lock up Speedy and Rasual and at what cost? Let me hear what you think.

I think we make a run at Bonzi Wells. Put aside for a minute his poor attitude. This guy can play as we saw against the spurs in the playoffs. Now I'm not saying Jeff Bower pulls an Isiah and throws more cash at him than he's worth for 1 good playoff series a la Jerome "1 good series = $30 mil" James. But Bonzi is a tough, gritty perimeter defender who can hit the long range J and the only other 2 out there is DeShawn Stevenson. Unless we can get a 2 in a trade, Bonzi is the best available out there.

From what I hear, Speedy wants more money and wants to start. As much as I hate to say it, I think he'll head somewhere else where he has a chance to start. Rasual is a must to keep. He turned it on at the end of the year and I think we can sign him at a resonable amount.
HornetsFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bonzi Wells would be an A+ signing for the hornets. He's fit right in, provided he plays team ball and doesn't try to be a one-man wrecking crew
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
lost80bux
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lost80bux has an OK reputation so far

anyone else hear they could sign tyson chandler
lost80bux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: