Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
zizozain
15-1

Default Why Do We Hate LeBron James?

"I feel confident because Im the best player in the world. Its that simple. - LeBron James.

Hoo boy.

I mean he's not wrong. In fact he's very much correct. But that quote coming from that guy was sure to set off a Twitter firestorm.

LeBron James and the Cavaliers are one loss away from being in a familiar spot: watching their opponent celebrate with the Larry O'Brien Trophy. It would be the fourth time that LeBron has come up short in the Finals and second with his hometown Cavaliers. Sports fans pretty much everywhere would love it if the Warriors are able to finish off the job tomorrow night in Cleveland.

But why? Why does LeBron James, the (self-proclaimed) best player on the planet get so much hate?

LeBron does everything we want out of our superstars. He's lived up to the hype. He carries his team. He doesn't play selfish basketball. He stays out of trouble. His teammates love him. He's a family man who married his high school sweetheart. He advocates for the health of his colleagues and opponents. He carries weight with the new commissioner. He's brought our country gold medals...yet we can't stand the guy. Why????

The story of the 2015 NBA Finals hasn't been about the Warriors' imminent return to the top of the basketball world. It's been about LeBron and how exhausted he is, how he should be the Finals MVP despite perhaps losing the series, and how he's got next to nobody surrounding him. Perhaps we can blame the sports media, particularly ESPN, for focusing more on LeBron in what's close to ultimately being a losing effort. Perhaps we can blame LeBron himself with the quote I led off with being a prime example.

I'm in the camp that has more hate than love for LeBron, and I choose to blame LeBron himself for it. It's quotes like the one above that rub me the wrong way. Again, he's not wrong, so perhaps it shouldn't bother me, but it does. Athletes should be confident in themselves. But if you want to curry favor with the public, let everyone else crown you as the best in the world. We all know it, you don't have to rub it in.

The way he complains to officials irks me too. We all know that the NBA is a superstars' league where the inmates run the asylum, but LeBron would be a lot more likable if he stopped complaining so much. He may be the whiniest player in the league right now.

Also, LeBron's really got to stop with the overdramatics. The collapsing and being carried off the court (Click on that...Juwan Howard's face is priceless) is not helping his image.

Great players will always get hate, but LeBron gets more than everyone else. I haven't even mentioned The Decision, when his own fans turned against him, burning jerseys and shaming his name. Clevelanders will tell you they didn't hate him for leaving, it was more about the way he took his talents to South Beach.

If and when the Warriors finish off the Cavs, the sports world will rejoice. Not because Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson are NBA Champs, but because The King, The Chosen One, LeBron James will go down.

LeBron is the best player in the world right now. He belongs in the best-of-all-time debate, whether you like it or not Bulls fans. He's got rings and probably will get more...but he's got a long way to go until he's universally loved.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-si...-lebron-james/
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron

Default Re: Why Do We Hate LeBron James?

Dude basically got swept after that comment. Flashes of coughing at the dallas series
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
plowking
Verticle?

I didn't see anything wrong with the quote. Then again, I'm someone that doesn't mind anything the players say. A lot of people were up in arms over what Draymond said at the parade, but I thought it was funny as hell.

I still remember when Monta Ellis said he was as good as Wade, and one of, if not the best player in the league. It is entertaining, and adds value and excitement to the game.

Why do people hate Floyd but love Ali? Ali did some downright disgusting shit to Joe Frazier. Floyd did a bunch of shit too in terms of domestic violence, yet people choose not to overlook that.
At the end of the day, people feel the need to pick a side and have an opinion. It doesn't really matter.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
MP.Trey
Believeland

LeBron says and does some stupid things sometimes (don't think that quote was one), but he's had the weight of the world on his shoulders and the media following his every step and word since High School. He was touted the next Jordan before even his senior year of High School. And the thing is, he's mostly lived up to the hype. Everything the guy says or does gets overanalyzed, on and off the court and I think he's done well with his public image (sans the Decision) considering those circumstances.

In my eyes, he deserves much more respect than he gets for what he does on the court from fanbases around the world. The media and former legends usually always give him high praise (maybe too much at times), but how people can degrade LeBron for 2 Chips, 4 MVP's, 6 Finals,etc. I'll never get. Just like I'll never get people who dislike Kobe degrading him for his 5 championships, 2 FMVP's, scoring titles, MVP, etc. Both people have had the weight of the world on their shoulders and deserve nothing but praise for their career achievements. Hate their personality and/or play style all you want, but you can't deny the results are greatness personified.
MP.Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #5
Detroit
Don't like me? SCRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Dude basically got swept after that comment. Flashes of coughing at the dallas series

Your posts are the stupidest thing on this forum PERIOD. They were down 3-2 when he made that comment, but yeah he basically got swept after that comment
Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #6
COnDEMnED
Good college starter

He basically makes it easier to hate him than like him. The guys all talk and no substance, in more ways than one.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #7
Detroit
Don't like me? SCRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit
Your posts are the stupidest thing on this forum PERIOD. They were down 3-2 when he made that comment, but yeah he basically got swept after that comment

This message is hidden because Mr. Jabbar is on your ignore list.

Much better now
Detroit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
HOoopCityJones
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit

You sound upset.
HOoopCityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
HylianNightmare
The Magic are a trash

Because he isn't as good as I wanted him to be
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #10
MP.Trey
Believeland

Btw, article in the OP is a good article that explains both sides of the argument. The writer said he leans more to the side of hate than love, but he explains himself in a respectable manner unlike some of these biased clowns on ISH. If everyone posted like him, ISH would be a great place.
MP.Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #11
Mr. Jabbar
l38ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
You sound upset.

saying he "ignored" me, number #1 indicator hey actually didn't

best part is i can now insult him and he will read it, but can't respond
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:50 AM   #12
FKAri
NBA All-star

Quote:
Why Do We Hate LeBron James?

Who's "we"? Just you and other Kobe stans.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #13
24-Inch_Chrome
Banned

Tl;dr.
24-Inch_Chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #14
HOoopCityJones
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
saying he "ignored" me, number #1 indicator hey actually didn't

best part is i can now insult him and he will read it, but can't respond

Tried to stop you with single coverage.
HOoopCityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #15
sportjames23
GOAT

Quote:

To answer OP, I don't hate Bron. I do dislike his stans at ISH and ESPN.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: