Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #16
3ball
NBA Superstar
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14,381
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat

lebron has also done 4 times something jordan couldnt do in his prime once

carry bad teams to the finals

07, 11, 14, 15


that argument is wrong because:





WOAT competition
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:21 AM   #17
nba_55
Kevin Love
 
nba_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,584
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

playoffs is all about matchups and not about the number of wins your opponents win in regular season.
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #18
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,592
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
that argument is wrong because:





WOAT competition

The problem with this list is they give Kobe and Magic credit for beating 50 win teams when they weren't even the best player on their team. Magic shouldn't get full credit for his first title run since Kareem was stil clearly the best player on the Lakers, same goes for Kobe for his first 4 seasons in the league

Last edited by SouBeachTalents : 06-22-2015 at 12:29 AM.
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:30 AM   #19
3ball
NBA Superstar
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14,381
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
The problem with this list is they give Kobe and Magic credit for beating 50 win teams when they weren't even the best player on their team. Magic shouldn't get full credit for his first title run since Kareem was stil clearly the best player on the Lakers, same for Kobe in his first 4 seasons in the league
Magic was the best player on the Lakers from his first day on the Lakers.

But even if you disagree, this thread is about MJ vs. Lebron.. And your argument doesn't apply to MJ..

So again, the argument that Lebron dragged bad teams to the Finals holds no water since it was against worse competition.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #20
tmacattack33
Very good NBA starter
 
tmacattack33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,337
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Damn, I thought you were going to say "take a non-stacked team to the Finals" (Bosh was out in rd 2 and rd 3 of the 2012 Playoffs)
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #21
Le Shaqtus
Go Pack Go
 
Le Shaqtus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 5,890
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
lebron has also done 4 times something jordan couldnt do in his prime once

carry bad teams to the finals

07, 11, 14, 15

Put this in the dumbest things ever said on ISH thread.

God damn, we got a live one.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #22
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,592
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Magic was the best player on the Lakers from his first day on the Lakers.

But even if you disagree, this thread is about MJ vs. Lebron.. And your argument doesn't apply to MJ..

So again, the argument that Lebron dragged bad teams to the Finals holds no water since it was against worse competition.

That's simply not true. Kareem was better than Magic that entire first year together, he was better during the regular season, postseason, and the Finals. You could argue Magic became the best player in '82, but even for the next few seasons it was at least debatable like '01 Shaq/Kobe
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #23
Phong
National High School Star
 
Phong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,322
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
The problem with this list is they give Kobe and Magic credit for beating 50 win teams when they weren't even the best player on their team. Magic shouldn't get full credit for his first title run since Kareem was stil clearly the best player on the Lakers, same goes for Kobe for his first 4 seasons in the league
LOL

Lets disregard Kobe's entire career and lets focus on the 2009 and 2010 playoffs.
In only two years, Kobe defeated 7 50-win teams. Same number as LeBron's entire career.
Phong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #24
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,379
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong
LOL

Lets disregard Kobe's entire career and lets focus on the 2009 and 2010 playoffs.
In only two years, Kobe defeated 7 50-win teams. Same number as LeBron's entire career.


Damn.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:44 AM   #25
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,592
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong
LOL

Lets disregard Kobe's entire career and lets focus on the 2009 and 2010 playoffs.
In only two years, Kobe defeated 7 50-win teams. Same number as LeBron's entire career.

When did I say that? Why should he get credit for beating the Sonics in '98 averaging 4 ppg in the series? Same goes for 2000 when he was undoubtedly a clear second option to the arguable GOAT peak. Even with those you'd only remove 4 wins, so he'd still have 20
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:53 AM   #26
TheCorporation
I go HAM
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,359
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

*Note

-You would also have to taken into account how MANY 50-win teams they both played against
-Sometimes teams that don't win more games are still the better team...Look at the Spurs, I still remember one year in 2011 I think, they were the #1 seed and lost in the 1st round to the #8 Grizzlies. Then a few years later they get to the Finals back to back (13 & 14) for the first time in Duncan's career.

Also:

Why are we comparing the weirdest arbitrary thing, who has beaten more "50-win" teams. Teams wise yes we know Shaq's Lakers were better than LBJ's Cavs. Shaq had a lot of help with Kobe too.

If we wanted to compare something, how about scoring? I have a thread idea brewing...
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:54 AM   #27
3ball
NBA Superstar
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14,381
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
That's simply not true. Kareem was better than Magic that entire first year together, he was better during the regular season, postseason, and the Finals. You could argue Magic became the best player in '82, but even for the next few seasons it was at least debatable like '01 Shaq/Kobe
Again, you may think Kareem > Magic, but this thread is about MJ vs. Lebron.. And your argument doesn't apply to MJ..

So again, the argument that Lebron dragged bad teams to the Finals holds no water since it was against worse competition.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:55 AM   #28
nba_55
Kevin Love
 
nba_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,584
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation
*Note

-You would also have to taken into account how MANY 50-win teams they both played against
-Sometimes teams that don't win more games are still the better team...Look at the Spurs, I still remember one year in 2011 I think, they were the #1 seed and lost in the 1st round to the #8 Grizzlies. Then a few years later they get to the Finals back to back (13 & 14) for the first time in Duncan's career.

Also:

Why are we comparing the weirdest arbitrary thing, who has beaten more "50-win" teams. Teams wise yes we know Shaq's Lakers were better than LBJ's Cavs. Shaq had a lot of help with Kobe too.

If we wanted to compare something, how about scoring? I have a thread idea brewing...

DAMN
nba_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #29
Droid101
NBA Superstar
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 13,220
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
lebron has also done 4 times something jordan couldnt do in his prime once

carry bad teams to the finals

07, 11, 14, 15
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #30
Droid101
NBA Superstar
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 13,220
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong
LOL

Lets disregard Kobe's entire career and lets focus on the 2009 and 2010 playoffs.
In only two years, Kobe defeated 7 50-win teams. Same number as LeBron's entire career.
****ing ruined
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy