Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #31
3ball
NBA Superstar
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14,381
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation

-You would also have to taken into account how MANY 50-win teams they both played against

No.. We don't.. Because if Lebron played less 50-win teams, that only validates that he played worse competition.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation

-Sometimes teams that don't win more games are still the better team...Look at the Spurs, I still remember one year in 2011 I think, they were the #1 seed and lost in the 1st round to the #8 Grizzlies. Then a few years later they get to the Finals back to back (13 & 14) for the first time in Duncan's career.

Anytime you have to point out the exception to the rule, you only validate the existence of said rule.

In this case, you're pointing out an exception to the norm that better records = better team.. So, wrong again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation

If we wanted to compare something, how about scoring? I have a thread idea brewing...

Sure, let's compare scoring.. Let's look at how many times MJ needed 34 FGA to get 35 PPG.

In the 2015 NBA Finals, Golden State let Lebron isolate all alone on the strongside for the entire Finals because Lebron is such a poor shooter and horrible isolation player - he shot 32.5% on isolations in the playoffs.. It's always the best defensive strategy to let a player take a 32.5% shot over and over.

The Warriors exploited the Cavs by letting Lebron isolate at 32.5% a pop over and over (similar to how teams do hack-a-Deandre):

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=378398
.

Last edited by 3ball : 06-22-2015 at 01:28 AM.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:10 AM   #32
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,236
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Nice and all, until you realise Lebron played a huge majority of his career with far worse team/supporting cast and Jordan played with arguably the greatest team of all time who even without him during 1990-1998 almost didnt manage to lose 3 times in a row aswell....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:23 AM   #33
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,395
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Nice and all, until you realise Lebron played a huge majority of his career with far worse team/supporting cast and Jordan played with arguably the greatest team of all time who even without him during 1990-1998 almost didnt manage to lose 3 times in a row aswell....


Stop. Lebron played with Wade, Bosh, and Ray Allen, and still managed to lose in the finals twice. You can use injury as an excuse for this year as well, but Lebron tried to stack the deck as much as possible. Kyrie and Love are not just All Star caliber players, but they are Team USA quality players, which best of the best. Jordan in his entire career never played with 2 Team USA quality players, and to be honest Pippen shouldn't have gotten the spot in 1992. The only reason Pippen made the team back then was that Jordan said he would only play if Pippen was added.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:24 AM   #34
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,236
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Stop. Lebron played with Wade, Bosh, and Ray Allen, and still managed to lose in the finals twice. You can use injury as an excuse for this year as well, but Lebron tried to stack the deck as much as possible. Kyrie and Love are not just All Star caliber players, but they are Team USA quality players, which best of the best. Jordan in his entire career never played with 2 Team USA quality players, and to be honest Pippen shouldn't have gotten the spot in 1992. The only reason Pippen made the team back then was that Jordan said he would only play if Pippen was added.

Stop it... Lebron never even for a single game (well, maybe all-star/olympics) had a team which Jordan had for 8 straight years...

Jordan himself was amazing, yes, but dont forget he was blessed with what he had around him when you talk about championships/finals... which is the main reason behind his perfect Finals record... which is also why that Finals record would not be perfect (he wouldnt have as many championships) if he had anything less than what he had.... which is also why championships should never be used to evaluate individual players talent, Jordan is Jordan in every single shape or form even with 0 rings.... i would rank him #1 of all time on my list still, because like i said he is still the greatest player i ever seen to lace em up, no team accomplishment can change the way he played...... that is my main criteria/priority when evaluating a players resume, which is the player, the individual, his talent itself and how it impacts the game/those around him to success.... and that success can reach epic heights even without winning the championship depending on what he did with what he had to work with around him......... context my friends... context...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:32 AM   #35
3ball
NBA Superstar
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14,381
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

In the 2015 NBA Finals, Golden State let Lebron isolate on the strongside without double-teaming because Lebron is a poor shooter and horrible isolation player - he shot 32.5% on isolations in the playoffs.. It's always the best defensive strategy to let a player take a 32.5% shot over and over.

The Warriors exploited the Cavs by letting Lebron isolate at 32.5% a pop over and over (similar to how teams do hack-a-Deandre):

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=378398
.

Last edited by 3ball : 06-22-2015 at 02:02 AM.
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:34 AM   #36
daily
cereal killah
 
daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,587
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Stop it... Lebron never even for a single game (well, maybe all-star/olympics) had a team which Jordan had for 8 straight years...

Jordan himself was amazing, yes, but dont forget he was blessed with what he had around him when you talk about championships/finals... which is the main reason behind his perfect Finals record... which is also why that Finals record would not be perfect (he wouldnt have as many championships) if he had anything less than what he had.... which is also why championships should never be used to evaluate individual players talent, Jordan is Jordan in every single shape or form even with 0 rings.... i would rank him #1 of all time on my list still, because like i said he is still the greatest player i ever seen to lace em up, no team accomplishment can change the way he played...... that is my main criteria/priority when evaluating a players resume, which is the player, the individual, his talent itself and how it impacts the game/those around him to success.... and that success can reach epic heights even without winning the championship depending on what he did with what he had to work with around him......... context my friends... context...

The heat is rising looks like we got us an old fashioned meltdown in the works
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:59 AM   #37
Spurs5Rings2014
NBA lottery pick
 
Spurs5Rings2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Leonard Land
Posts: 5,813
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
The problem with this list is they give Kobe and Magic credit for beating 50 win teams when they weren't even the best player on their team. Magic shouldn't get full credit for his first title run since Kareem was stil clearly the best player on the Lakers, same goes for Kobe for his first 4 seasons in the league

Duncan should get credit for beating teams on pace for 50 wins in those lockout seasons, so he should be at 21 right over MJ like he is on the all time GOAT list.
Spurs5Rings2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:03 AM   #38
Phong
National High School Star
 
Phong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,322
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Kyrie and Love are not just All Star caliber players, but they are Team USA quality players, which best of the best.
The 2013-2014 Heat had 6 current or former Team USA players on their roster.
The year before, 7 current or former team USA players.
Phong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:04 AM   #39
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,375
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
The heat is rising looks like we got us an old fashioned meltdown in the works


sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:38 AM   #40
LeFraud James
NEEDS MORE HELP
 
LeFraud James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 2,869
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Stop it... Lebron never even for a single game (well, maybe all-star/olympics) had a team which Jordan had for 8 straight years...

Jordan himself was amazing, yes, but dont forget he was blessed with what he had around him when you talk about championships/finals... which is the main reason behind his perfect Finals record... which is also why that Finals record would not be perfect (he wouldnt have as many championships) if he had anything less than what he had.... which is also why championships should never be used to evaluate individual players talent, Jordan is Jordan in every single shape or form even with 0 rings.... i would rank him #1 of all time on my list still, because like i said he is still the greatest player i ever seen to lace em up, no team accomplishment can change the way he played...... that is my main criteria/priority when evaluating a players resume, which is the player, the individual, his talent itself and how it impacts the game/those around him to success.... and that success can reach epic heights even without winning the championship depending on what he did with what he had to work with around him......... context my friends... context...

Shut the fuck up, you country ass, maple syrup eating mother fucker.

If you haven't noticed by now, your incoherent rambling is ignored by the majority of respectable posters on this site, and your mere presence is a burden on all of us.

Please leave already.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:59 AM   #41
Straight_Ballin
3/8 is real
 
Straight_Ballin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,567
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

What rings does Jordan have without Pippen?

About 4 more than Bron has with Wade.

Bron can not and will not ever win without Wade you meltdown having beta's.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:05 AM   #42
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,577
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
What rings does Jordan have without Pippen?

About 4 more than Bron has with Wade.


Bron can not and will not ever win without Wade you meltdown having beta's.

Lol, ummmmm, what?
SouBeachTalents is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 AM   #43
scandisk_
Banned (lol)
 
scandisk_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,328
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
Lol, ummmmm, what?

wut? something wrong?

p.s. pauk you lose, sorry man
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #44
SyRyanYang
Great college starter
 
SyRyanYang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AKLD,NZ
Posts: 3,550
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
lebron has also done 4 times something jordan couldnt do in his prime once

losing in the finals

07, 11, 14, 15

translated for non-bron stans to read
SyRyanYang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:17 AM   #45
comerb
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,850
Default Re: Lebron has done something 3 times that Jordan couldn't do in his prime once

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
lebron has also done 4 times something jordan couldnt do in his prime once

carry bad teams to the finals

07, 11, 14, 15

Carrying a bad team to the finals in an awful division doesn't mean shit. It's like being winning a one legged ass kicking contest. Is any of Lebron's teams getting by the Bad-boy pistons? Hell no.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy