Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 04-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #16
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 1: Pistons vs. Magic Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
Pistons fans, who would you guys rather play in the second round? Bulls or Heat? I'd rather have Bulls as Shaq couldn't abuse Webber.

*GASP*

"It's good to be in the 2nd round...." - TMac

:
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 PM   #17
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

In other words, I wouldn't count Grant Hill out just yet.

He's been playing great basketball and helped drag his team into the playoffs.

Considering this could be his last shot at the playoffs, I expect him to go all out this series.

90s flashback time!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I'm pulling for Orlando to upset Detroit but i highly doubt that will happe. Detroit might have the brooms ready for orlando
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #19
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
90s flashback time!!!

You mean year after year of Grant losing in the first round of the playoffs? I remember it well.

Quote:
I'd rather have Darko.

That might honestly be a tough call for the Magic if they still had the choice. A good player from the middle of the draft would cost them nothing, while Darko's going to seriously eat into their cap space this summer. On the bright side I don't expect him to get quite as much cash as I originally thought since he didn't have a true breakout year.

In hindsight the Darko trade doesn't seem all that horrible for the Pistons. At the time I was ready to puke, but I was still overvaluing him. He could turn into a good starter someday, but I'm less worried about him developing into a star now. He just seems too inconsistent to ever put it all together on the court.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #20
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Who wouldn't want this beast?

The Darko plus Arroyo For Cato and Pick was favored to Orlando.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You couldn't have been more lucky on the lottery pick. This is a THE worst playoff team, possibly of the decade. 6ers traded away AI for pennies, Pacers absolutely crumbled down the stretch, Celtics blew up with injuries, Redd went down killing a playoff team, and the Knicks can't keep anything going.

On top of all of that, the magic still almost blew it.

And I hope the Bulls take out Shaq, because we have no answer for him. Wade doesn't worry me much, especially now he's hurt and the Cavs are a joke.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 PM   #22
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You couldn't have been more lucky on the lottery pick. This is a THE worst playoff team, possibly of the decade. 6ers traded away AI for pennies, Pacers absolutely crumbled down the stretch, Celtics blew up with injuries, Redd went down killing a playoff team, and the Knicks can't keep anything going.

On top of all of that, the magic still almost blew it.

And I hope the Bulls take out Shaq, because we have no answer for him. Wade doesn't worry me much, especially now he's hurt and the Cavs are a joke.

Like they were a joke last year ?
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #23
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

3 of the 4 piston wins vs. Orl this year were determined by 5 points or less. It won't be as lopsided a matchup as most would think, imo.

The Magic will find a way to win one, maybe two games as "the worst playoff team of the decade". **

** see Washington
Old 04-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wahington when?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Wahington when?

How about now ?
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #26
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Wahington when?

What do you mean when?

What else matters?

NOW
Old 04-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #27
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

If the Pistons can take care of business and win its first 2 games at home, the series should be a cakewalk for them.

BUT, if Orlando pulls one out and goes home for two games tied up 1-1....it could turn into a very dangerous series for Detroit.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 PM   #28
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
What do you mean when?

What else matters?

NOW

Not only is it an extraordinary circumstance, but they could still beat the Magic because they at least have a go to scorer.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #29
turdfurgeson
Can barely lace up my sneakers

turdfurgeson has an OK reputation so far

I hope the Pistons aren't as cocky as some of the fans on this board.

Orlando's won six of seven and Hedo has been coming on for them. Dwight Howard is a beast inside and Grant Hill and Darko will be motivated against there old squad.

I think Detroit will win in five or six, but it always scares me when hear people say it will be an easy series. Maybe I'm just a paranoid fan.
turdfurgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #30
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Are the Magic even .500? Gimme a break. THey can't win this series. There's cocky, and there's a terrible opponent. Pretty sure the Magic fall into the latter as opposed to the former.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: