FREEZINGTSMOOVE 2015 NBA DRAFT BIG BOARD (Post your big boards here)
Big Boards are not Mock Drafts but a list of who you think are the best players in the draft
1. Emmanuel Mudiay (NBA Comparison: 6'5 Lebron James)
He's basically the player you create on NBA 2k. 6'5 (Could still be growing. He was 6'4 last year, and his deceased dad was 6'10. Although his older brother a Senior at SMU is just 6'3), very athletic, all the physical tools to become a great defender, great PG skills, great quickness to get to the rim. Went toe to toe with Chinese basketball legend Marbury in the CBA finals and held his own.
2. Jahlil Okafor (Unique)
6'11 270, 19 years old, and is coming into the NBA with an above average post game and an NBA body. It is unlikely he will come into the NBA a star but he has superstar potential as he gains more experience, continues to get bigger/stronger, and improves his post game. Not your modern NBA center at all so he will give todays centers trouble guarding the post. Can he score right away on todays athletic, long, centers of today who are only in the league for their defense is my only concern
3. Karl Towns (NBA Comparison: Modern day Tim Duncan)
Karl Towns has the potential to be a lock down shooter. His full game was not fully utilized at KU as Calipari has players fit into his system rather than changing his system to fit his players. With his improving post game, defense, and already great jumpshot it is easy to see why he is going #1. For the record I would take him #1 over both Okafor and Mudiay.
4. Willie Trill Cauley-Stein (NBA Comparison: Slimmer Andre Drummond)
Very athletic, long 7 footer. His offensive game will mostly be lobs, and putbacks but thats how modern NBA centers play today. Very quick center he ran speed drills faster than todays NBA POINT GUARDS! Larry Bird said it best that he is a $100 player. In any other draft I easily see WTCS going #1 or #2
5. DAngelo Russell (NBA Comparison: Mike Conley)
He's not a physcial guard but most of the elite guards of today are not physical on offense. Has knockdown jump shooting potential. Very talented guard, and a very talented play maker. I could see him playing 2 guard at times as well. Very versatile. Will need to work on defense, and finishing in transition but so does Mudiay, and every other guard coming into the league.
6. Stanley Johnson (NBA Comparison: Mike Kidd-Gilchrist with a better jumpshot)
A day one starter. He has the highest defensive potential for all guards in the draft, but I can see him playing SF as well. Only 18 and very strong for his age. It's unfair to compare anyone to Kawhi Leonard, and Jimmy Butler but I can see him becoming a similar player.
7. Justice Winslow (Unique)
Great all around potential to become a great two way player.
8. Kelly Oubre (NBA Comparison: Gerald Green)
Not very polished player at the moment, shys away from contact with weak floaters, and his draft stock is falling at the moment but he has great potential if he lands in the right situation. Has all the tools to become a serviceable shooter, great defender. Very quick and athletic player
1. Emmanuel Mudiay
Same as above
2. Mario Hezonja (NBA Comparison: Euro Frobe)
This guy has the best attitude in the draft. He just doesn't give a ****, and goes into games thinking he's the best. An ISH poster said a while ago that College kills a scorers mindset. His stats suck because his Euro team did not play him much minutes at all but given the time he can score in bunches. Recent games got played 6 minutes and dropped 8 points. Also went off in the Euro final.
3. Willie Trill Cauley Stein
4. Karl Towns (NBA Comparison: Tim Duncan/Karl Malone)
5. Jahlil Okafor
6. Cameron Payne (NBA Comparison: Mike Conley)
7. Stanley Johnson
8. D'Angelo Russell
There is much concern over D'Angelo after recent workouts. Many are starting to say he is more of a SG than a PG. Could this be because of suspect ball handling? D'Angelo is boom or bust for me. If his jumpshot does not translate to the NBA game ala Jimmer or Nik Stauskas he probably will bust.
9. Kelly Oubre
10. Sam Dekker
Sam Dekker has serious 3 and D potential in my opinion. A very great ALL AROUND player. Can rebound well, great size, decent athlete. A day one starter on the right team IMO.
11. Tyus Jones (NBA Comparison: Less athletic, Smaller Dennis Schroder)
Oh Tyus Jones the most interesting NBA prospect IMO. Can he defend at the NBA level? If he can than he will be an amazing NBA PG. Backup or Starter if he can defend well this is a guy you want on your team. He is improving his jump shot every year. Very high basketball IQ, and Leadership
12. Montrezl Harrell (NBA Comparison: More athletic Draymond Green)
Very interesting drop for Montrez. He was a consensus top 10 pick during the college season but has dropped tremendously. Do scouts know something that we do not know about Harrell?
1. Justice Winslow - While he can improve on all these areas Justice looks nothing more than an average player. He has 0 superstar potential. Low motor, slow on drives.
2. Porzingis - Another boom or bust. I have a feeling he will fall in love with his jumpshot and become Byron Mullens esque. It is all about coaching for this dude. If he gets a coach that wants to utilize him agressively from the get go he probably will succeed. If he gets a coach that wants him to play like a modern NBA center he will bust.
3. Frank Kaminsky