Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-22-2015, 07:09 PM   #1
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK

Default To all the married fellas

how quickly did It take to realize that you wanted to marry your lady?
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
Akrazotile
Banned

Default Re: To all the married fellas

Not nearly as quickly as I realized I wanted to divorce her.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Don't do it bro, you're tooooooo young for that life
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my wife when I knew that no matter what I would try to work out our marriage through all the bullshit and problems we might go through. She challenges me and makes me think from a different perspective. Even after me cheating we're still together and always trying to be the best version of ourselves.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
Not nearly as quickly as I realized I wanted to divorce her.
Something done far too much in America. People go out there and make these vows and once they hit some turbulence they chicken out and back out because they don't want to put in the effort they promised. For better, for worse, 'til death do us part doesn't mean shit anymore to most people who go up there and say it. I intend to do my best to keep that promise and be positive in life.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year

Not long at all. Just looking from outside she is not the hottest prettiest girl. We probably even look a little mismatched. I'm tall and she's short. We are of different races etc. But she is my best friend. Beautiful heart. Very pleasant to be around, not a biotch. Someone I know that would stand by me through anything. Someone that I felt totally comfortable with. She would give her life for me and vice versa. It's kind of hard to explain in words. But being around her makes any my world better.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:17 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Something done far too much in America. People go out there and make these vows and once they hit some turbulence they chicken out and back out because they don't want to put in the effort they promised. For better, for worse, 'til death do us part doesn't mean shit anymore to most people who go up there and say it. I intend to do my best to keep that promise and be positive in life.
If you can't deal with an imaginary woman then you might as well hang it up, right?

I wanted to marry her after we really spent time together, which wasn't until about 6 months after we first met. It didn't take long though
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #8
Velocirap31
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Not long at all. Just looking from outside she is not the hottest prettiest girl. We probably even look a little mismatched. I'm tall and she's short. We are of different races etc. But she is my best friend. Beautiful heart. Very pleasant to be around, not a biotch. Someone I know that would stand by me through anything. Someone that I felt totally comfortable with. She would give her life for me and vice versa. It's kind of hard to explain in words. But being around her makes any my world better.

Well said.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #9
sweggeh
NBA lottery pick

As soon as it became legal me and my boo were on it like asshole on dick. No waiting.
sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:25 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
I intend to do my best to keep that promise and be positive in life.

Quote:
Even after me cheating we're still together

Well isn't that special.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
riseagainst
LeGOAT

I knew I wanted to marry her when I realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Even despite our huge difference in religion and certain values, I wanted to be with her. I would change certain aspects of my habits for her because she is worth it. I would do just about anything for her, even jumping in front of a bullet. When i am with her, i feel relieved because i know everything is going to be alright. I know that she makes me feel happy and i make her happy. When i am with her, everything else around us are focused out, i am care free, i don't care about anything else.
riseagainst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Well isn't that special.
It is very special. Me cheating made us see how much we love each other, how much we want to work towards being together and how much energy marriage really is. And our marriage and relationship is better now versus right before I had an affair.

You don't know me, you haven't lived my life, so don't judge it. We go up there and say for better or for worse. And my action and that time was a pretty worse moment, and we worked through it, still working through it and we're stronger together.

In short rufus, fuck you and your smug comments. You come in a thread where the original poster is asking a question, and you don't even relate your comment directly to the question asked even though you are married with a family and all you can is try to bash me, my marriage and my personal experience?

Go fuck yourself.

And yes, you struck a cord with me obviously.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
It is very special. Me cheating made us see how much we love each other, how much we want to work towards being together and how much energy marriage really is. And our marriage and relationship is better now versus right before I had an affair.

You don't know me, you haven't lived my life, so don't judge it. We go up there and say for better or for worse. And my action and that time was a pretty worse moment, and we worked through it, still working through it and we're stronger together.

In short rufus, fuck you and your smug comments. You come in a thread where the original poster is asking a question, and you don't even relate your comment directly to the question asked even though you are married with a family and all you can is try to bash me, my marriage and my personal experience?

Go fuck yourself.

And yes, you struck a cord with me obviously.

So your affair saved your marriage. Good for you.

To the OP: The very 1st date I thought damn this is a girl I could see spending the rest of my life with. It'll be our 16th anniversary in Oct.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
So your affair saved your marriage. Good for you.
I don't want to say is saved our marriage, but we worked through it and our marriage is much better now than it was right before what led up to the affair. Our relationship is definitely better now versus when we first got married.

Have you ever cheated and reconciled with your wife? I mean, if you haven't it's something that might be difficult to understand. Honestly, I don't see how it's not hard to understand.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:40 AM   #15
riseagainst
LeGOAT

maybe i should trying cheating when my marriage/relationship is falling apart.
riseagainst is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: