Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,348
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
Actually. If you have seen the last two jazz games and the few games he played in before he got hurt, you would know that he has been himself lately. I think that the "jazz winning in 5" is pushing it a bit, but i do think that the jazz will win the series. I think that the jazz win it in six.

One thing to look at is what advantages the rockets have over the jazz, and what advantages the jazz have over the rockets. There are probably more, add on to the lists if you can think of any.

Rockets advantages in the series:
1. Yao Ming is too big and talanted for the jazz to guard.
2. The jazz have had problems against talented shooting guards. Not so much now as in the past though.
3. Dikembe and Yao should be able to shut down the paint/ a better defensive team.
4. The rockets can at least match our rebounding.
5. Home court advantage

Jazz Advantages in the series:
1. Deeper and stronger bench.
2. Deron williams >>> Alston
3. Memo can pull whoever is guarding him way outside the paint.
4. The jazz proved in the game on April 1 that they could be very successful running the high pick and roll with boozer when yao is guarding him.
5. The pressure on houston to keep homecourt


to add to your list

rockets:
yao and tmac each demand a double team
we wont be playing our bench much
yao and tmac are playing well together
finished the season strong


Jazz:
ak seems to be back
sloan > jvg
houstons 4th quarter woes continue
rezznor is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #17
guangmoreno
Banned
 
guangmoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 185
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
These two teams have a history with each other. 1994 WCF, Houston defeated Utah 4-1, and went on to win their first title. 1997 WCF, Utah defeated Houston 4-2 but loss to the 72 win Bulls in the Finals. This will be the best matchup by far. Its gonna go to 7 games, Houston will take it in 7.

VERY GOOD REMARKS!!!!!!!!
it means one of these 2 teams is at least the champion of the WEST.
But i have faith that Yao+ Tmac(when he plays like last games)= a new dynasty!!!
guangmoreno is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #18
guangmoreno
Banned
 
guangmoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 185
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
Actually. If you have seen the last two jazz games and the few games he played in before he got hurt, you would know that he has been himself lately. I think that the "jazz winning in 5" is pushing it a bit, but i do think that the jazz will win the series. I think that the jazz win it in six.

One thing to look at is what advantages the rockets have over the jazz, and what advantages the jazz have over the rockets. There are probably more, add on to the lists if you can think of any.

Rockets advantages in the series:
1. Yao Ming is too big and talanted for the jazz to guard.
2. The jazz have had problems against talented shooting guards. Not so much now as in the past though.
3. Dikembe and Yao should be able to shut down the paint/ a better defensive team.
4. The rockets can at least match our rebounding.
5. Home court advantage

Jazz Advantages in the series:
1. Deeper and stronger bench.
2. Deron williams >>> Alston
3. Memo can pull whoever is guarding him way outside the paint.
4. The jazz proved in the game on April 1 that they could be very successful running the high pick and roll with boozer when yao is guarding him.
5. The pressure on houston to keep homecourt


Seems there are a lot of intelligent people right here!
man u can be a NBA commentator to analyse the Games.

But it's ok, even your team lost, it's beat by the champion of this year, if you won you can at least win the West champion.
guangmoreno is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #19
ronron15
High School Starter
 
ronron15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 812
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

tmac for threeeeeeeeee

yao with the dunkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

its over, rockets advance to second round
ronron15 is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #20
Ballastic
<////////////}~
 
Ballastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
Seems there are a lot of intelligent people right here!
man u can be a NBA commentator to analyse the Games.

But it's ok, even your team lost, it's beat by the champion of this year, if you won you can at least win the West champion.

Im not dogging you but it seems like you either failed miserbaly in english class or english isnt your primary language.
Ballastic is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #21
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!
 
Mewwem22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,777
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

i guess this shows who the underdog is in this series, and who has all the pressure on them to advance:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...?series=uthhou
Mewwem22 is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #22
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups
 
DRUMGEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 75
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

with both of these teams its about health.
I wonder if Mcgrady and Yao can take a seven game series with the physicality of the Jazz. if the Rockets have to play those two 40+ because their bench isn't producing they are going to take a severe beating.
Jazz in 6.
DRUMGEE is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #23
guangmoreno
Banned
 
guangmoreno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 185
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Im not dogging you but it seems like you either failed miserbaly in english class or english isnt your primary language.

non my english is my 5th language, i'm learning English here, and i beging to watch NBA this Year, when a french journalist SAid: " NAPOLéON SAID, when china wake up, the world tremble; and when Yao wake up, the NBA tremble".
guangmoreno is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #24
Wuxia
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 824
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Jazz in 6
Wuxia is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #25
hawkfan
Billy Ocean Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,386
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Very competitive series.

Rockets 4-3 or 4-2, but each game will be competitive.
hawkfan is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #26
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,348
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMGEE
with both of these teams its about health.
I wonder if Mcgrady and Yao can take a seven game series with the physicality of the Jazz. if the Rockets have to play those two 40+ because their bench isn't producing they are going to take a severe beating.
Jazz in 6.
6. HOUSTON (5) vs. UTAH (4)
• Series page: Rockets vs. Jazz

This one was made for the East, really, because it's going to be the most physical, half-court-based series of the eight first-rounders.

The pick here would have been Houston even if the Rockets didn't have home-court advantage, because this is a better team than the one that extended Dallas to seven games in the first round of the '05 playoffs. Yet once they snatched home court from the Jazz -- and once Utah lost any semblance of rim protection without the ailing Andrei Kirilenko and started sliding at the finish -- Houston's status as the favorite was cemented.

It's true that Tracy McGrady is 0-for-5 lifetime in the first round and that Kirilenko is back in Utah's lineup now to harass him, but it's also true that none of T-Mac's previous teams has ever been as deep or feared as this one.

I'm betting it winds up even more true, by series' end, that the Jazz have more trouble trying to guard Yao Ming than the Rockets have with Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur.

Prediction: Rockets in six.
rezznor is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #27
Ballastic
<////////////}~
 
Ballastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Quote:
non my english is my 5th language, i'm learning English here, and i beging to watch NBA this Year, when a french journalist SAid: " NAPOLéON SAID, when china wake up, the world tremble; and when Yao wake up, the NBA tremble".

Thats very impressive. I can barely speak 2 languages.
Ballastic is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #28
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!
 
brantonli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 13433 km from Land of 2 Rings
Posts: 6,647
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Don't worrry Jazz fans, we've got the 'Curse of Barkely' on us, y'know, when Charles Barkely says a team will win games it usually goes on a losing streak.
brantonli is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #29
Don Cheto
I hit open 5-footers
 
Don Cheto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 194
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Utah in 4.
Don Cheto is offline  
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #30
Ballastic
<////////////}~
 
Ballastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs. Rockets *Official Thread*

Theres no way Houston is going to get swept I guarantee it. If you would like to place an avatar bet PM me sucka.
Ballastic is offline  
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy