Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #31
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1: Spurs vs. Nuggets

The Spurs are just too experienced to lose this one. Even though Denver has a veteran team, by in large, they don't have the experience of going through the fire together as a cohesive unit. When the going truly gets tough, and when their backs are against the wall, will Iverson continue to defer? He has done a good job of that during his time with the Nuggets, but will it continue?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The Spurs are just too experienced to lose this one. Even though Denver has a veteran team, by in large, they don't have the experience of going through the fire together as a cohesive unit. When the going truly gets tough, and when their backs are against the wall, will Iverson continue to defer? He has done a good job of that during his time with the Nuggets, but will it continue?

Why wouldn't it continue.. The man wants to win and he believes this is the way!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #33
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am not saying that Iverson doesn't want to win. In fact, I have a fair amount of confidence that he will continue playing the way he has. However, if it's the closing minutes, who is gonna be The Man?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #34
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is actually very interesting because this series could prove to be a repeat of the series with the Kings. A tough first rounder. That being said, The Three Headed monster is just too much to handle. Spurs in 6.

GO SPURS GO!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think the Nugz can definately defense the Spurs. In the past 3 years, the Nugz have relatively been a really good defensive team in the playoffs as they focused on it more, See the 05 playoffs Spurs fans. And lately (about a month)they've been focusing on D (aside from a few games). And I think they'll definately lock in for the playoffs.

The Nugz have been rotating more on the perimeter and the paint, and especially late in games shutting teams down.

Everybody knows offense has been the Nugz playoff problems. Mainly 3pt shooting to relieve Melo. Now they've got that, and one of the top 5 scorers as a 2nd option
Old 04-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #36
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I am not saying that Iverson doesn't want to win. In fact, I have a fair amount of confidence that he will continue playing the way he has. However, if it's the closing minutes, who is gonna be The Man?

It has been established several times throughout the last few games. That Melo's gonna be the 1st option comes critial moment. Just look at the Mavs and Clippers game, both games were low scoring and close. And Nuggets definetely tried to go through Melo in those possession.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #37
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Usually its Melo, but I think its been established that both are willing to allow the other to take over if the other guy has it going. Usually that is Melo, as he's usually always rock solid in the clutch, but AI has done it a number of times too, and some games they share the spotlight and just run the offense and take what the D gives them
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #38
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i definitely would pick spurs but i see SPURS IN FOUR type posts and thats jsut too confident. the nuggets have a huge athleticism and size advantage in the front court outside of duncan. if oberto can't go too, its elson vs. the world, or the spurs would go smaller which would allow nene, camby and melo to dominate the boards.

its not a cakewalk.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #39
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they give Iverson more than about 14 shots per game... I don't know who will win. Probably to game 6 or 7. But if Iverson is attempting 10 shots while Melo gets 25, they won't win. Iverson needs to shoot the damned ball.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #40
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully Elson will play great against his former team.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #41
Lakerz_Forever
Local High School Star

Lakerz_Forever has an OK reputation so far

spurs in 7. iverson is going to give them a hell of a series.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #42
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

whoever has the hot hand! that's the way they have been playing!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:03 AM   #43
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

yea baby! playoff time. i got my tix to games 1 and 2. its gonna be a great series and i finally get to catch ivo and melo live.

is bowen gonna guard iverson or melo? either way its gonna be fun as heck!

spurs in 5!
Old 04-21-2007, 02:36 AM   #44
Mrclutch
Serious playground baller

Mrclutch has an OK reputation so far

I'm sure Parker and Vaughn are gonna play some D on Iverson
Old 04-21-2007, 02:50 AM   #45
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

Im sick of people saying Denver wont play any D. We've been playing very good D for a month now and yet i still here people saying we cant win because we dont play D.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread