Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #16
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Yi Jianlian is coming into the NBA

Here is your 2006 NBA No. 1 over all pick

http://www.nba.com/draft2006/profile...aBargnani.html

6-10 Andrea Bargnani

Benetton Treviso - Italy Lega A

Season G GS FGM FGA PCT FTM FTA PCT 3PM 3PA PCT REB AST STL BL PTS AVG

2003-04 10 0 13 20 .650 5 12 .417 5 9 .555 16 4 4 2 42 4.20
2004-05 28 0 71 144 .493 36 53 .679 13 45 .289 87 16 35 15 191 6.80
2005-06 30 0 123 250 .492 63 80 .788 38 103 .369 165 8 35 42 347 11.6
Totals 68 0 207 414 .500 104 145 .717 56 157 .357 268 28 74 59 580 8.50

Benetton Treviso -- Euroleague

Season G GS FGM FGA PCT FTM FTA PCT 3PM 3PA PCT REB AST STL BL PTS AVG
2003-04 8 0 6 11 .545 6 8 .750 1 5 .200 12 0 2 1 19 2.40
2004-05 12 0 18 36 .500 2 5 .400 6 12 .500 25 2 2 2 44 3.70
2005-06 18 0 66 130 .508 42 59 .712 23 53 .434 74 9 24 17 197 10.9
Totals 38 0 90 188 .479 50 72 .694 30 70 .429 111 11 28 20 260 6.80

Tell me how this guy became the no.1 pick and almost survive the NBA.

Benetton Treviso - Italy Lega A

8.50 PPG, 8.5 RPG

Benetton Treviso -- Euroleague

6.8 PPG, 2.90 RPG
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
Tell me how this guy became the no.1 pick and almost survive the NBA.

loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #18
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Here is Yi Jianlian's International Performance

The major highlight of his CBA career was in January of 2005, when Yi shot 16 of 16 from the field, scoring 34 points. In international play, he averaged 13.5 points and 8 rebounds a game against the USA in two games, playing against Dwight Howard, Elton Brand, and Chris Bosh. He has played at both the 2004 Olympic Games and at the 2006 FIBA World Championship with the Chinese national basketball team, showing great promise and impressing coaches on both the Chinese National Team as well as the coaches from other countries.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=44

You Keep on hyping Andrea Bargnani while it seems that Yi Jianlian is better than him before he enters the NBA.

Roundup: Teodosic Takes the Relay

April 4, 2007

The season, and perhaps his CBA career, is over for Yi Jianlian. Despite the loss against Bayi, he had a nice farewell game. Yi gifted us with a very good sample of his jumper repertoire: off the dribble, off the low post, in turnaround fashion, fading away, even a clutch three-pointer. It wasn’t the most accurate day for him, but he always looked balanced, under control and able to knock them down. He was also very active, and effective, in transition, while he delivered increased effort on defense. He had 22 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks. Still, his overall performance in the CBA Finals was a bit disappointing.

Yi has received now the call for the Chinese National Team. This year the CBA has finished sooner than usual in order to allow the National Team to have an extended period of time to practice and play games against quality opponents, all pointing towards next year’s Olympic Games to be held in Beijing, which is a top priority for the Chinese Federation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...ers/59862.html

Jianlian is playing in his fourth season with Guangdong in the Chinese Basketball Association, and is enjoying his best campaign so far. He led Guangdong to the CBA title, averaging a shade less than 20 points and 10 rebounds per game in the playoffs, while the Tigers amassed a 10-1 postseason record. Throughout the regular season, Jianlian averaged 20.5 points and 9.6 rebounds per game recording 20 double-doubles in the process. Jianlian topped the 30-point mark eight times, including a 43 point performance in the final game of the regular season. Dominating the CBA is one thing, but expanding his game to excel in the NBA will be a huge jump for Jianlian to make.

That is a better pick than Andrea Bargnani. How in the world can you call a guy who leads china in scoring a bust?

Yi Jianlian has potential to make it big in the NBA. IF stiffs like Andrea Bargnani can make it in the NBA. Yi Jianlian can also dominate

Last edited by Baller1986 : 04-19-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #19
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
That is why in 2002

One of the biggest NBA BUST OF ALL TIME

1. Mike Dunleavy Jr. ( I do not why Stiff like these dominated the NCAA In his era)

2. Jay Williams ( Even though Williams can make it in the NBA motorcycle accident ended up his career)

So beside Amare Stoudemire, Carloz Boozer, Joe Johnson who is an NBA ALL STAR, Yao Ming whom played in the CBA the one you called an inferior league is averaging 26 PPG this Season. What is Andrea Bargnani's average in the European or Italian league? He is not even the most dominating player in that league and the Raptors select him as the number one pick.

Yi Jianlian > Andrea Bargnani

YI Jianlian is CBA MVP and he is better than Andre Bogut and Andrea Bargnani.

Nobody called Yao inferior you idiot. Read every post before making shyt up.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #20
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Nobody called Yao inferior you idiot. Read every post before making shyt up.

OWNED, you called the CBA an inferior league loser. Yao Ming played in the CBA and your telling me Einstein Yi is a Bust. Yi got better number than Yao Ming in the CBA you IDIOT.

Yi at 19 is alot better than Yao at 19 check your post LOSER.

It’s not easy to picture the areas in which Yi has developed his game. Actually, there’s not any dramatic change in any of his strengths or flaws. His averages, for example, have evolved pretty steadily from the past season, going from 20.5 to 24.8 points and 9.7 to 11.4 rebounds.

Perhaps his shooting stroke has emerged as his best weapon when thinking about a NBA future. It could become both a way to take advantage of the open looks generated by his teammates, as well as the easiest resource to create his own shot. Yi shows growing consistency knocking down jumpers from the mid-range area. He enjoys nice mechanics and elevation releasing his shot, which makes it quite difficult to stop, and even you can eventually see him stepping back and shooting off the dribble while creating separation from his defender. Still the foundation of his ability to create his own shot mainly rests in his turnaround jumper and with an occasional fade-away move. He becomes almost unstoppable in this fashion, particularly when you consider his size and athleticism. Actually, this is a rather usual way of finishing low post situations for him. His free-throw percentages reflect his increased accuracy pretty well, as he’s hitting close to the 80% mark, which is pretty remarkable for a 7-footer. This shooting stroke will likely be translated easily to the NBA and could become quite helpful in order to play the power forward position there.

If we talk about the center position, Yi enjoys a nice frame and he’s relatively strong for his age, but still suffers noticeably against more physical rivals. Indeed, perhaps the main reason why Guangdong lost both games versus Jiangsu was Yi’s inability to properly challenge Tang Zhendong’s dominance in the paint-- even if he made Tang pay for his lack of quickness with perimeter shots and some slashing moves-- as he was regularly outmuscled by the strong center on both ends of the court. In the low post on the offensive end, Yi offers little else than the aforementioned turnaround jumper whenever he faces serious competition. His low-post moves are very simple and his semi-hook shots still a work in progress. When he faces inferior competition, he usually just turns around, easily gets off his feet, and puts the ball in the net over his rival. Meanwhile, he often fails to get a high enough arch on his hook shots when he needs to, particularly if the rival is being physical with him, so it becomes a difficult task to release the ball over bigger defenders. However, he displays a decent soft touch with his right hand, although he struggles quite a bit with his left.

Still in the low post, Yi can put the ball on the floor trying to take the baseline and look for a reverse layup, although he often gets out of control in the process. To be more productive off the dribble, Yi needs to take his matchup further from the basket and enjoy spaces to attack him without drawing defensive rotations, as his ball-handling skills are not anything more than average at this point. On defense, it’s all a matter of strength. He has the physical-athletic gifts to dominate most of the CBA competition, but he can be pushed around by guys like Zhendong. Besides, we still don’t see a proper team-oriented defense, as he persists in going after blocks instead of focusing on stopping his rival, which he would easily be able to do on a regular basis thanks to his mobility and lateral quickness. On the other hand, he looks a bit more physical than last season in his match-ups.

Whenever Yi makes it to the NBA, we will likely see him much more active playing without the ball than he looks now. As the centerpiece of the Tigers, he’s often the first offensive option, asking for the ball to start the offense through him. Actually, his most usual move is to gain position in the low post. But Yi enjoys terrific potential as a pick-and-roll finisher. With his length and athleticism, he would be really difficult to stop once he received in motion after setting the pick and heading towards the basket.

With the CBA allowing Yi to enter the NBA draft and the Chinese big showing improvement –even reaching the 40-point mark twice in January-- he will have a legit chance of making the lottery in June. The CBA playoffs, and especially the hypothetical Finals against Tang’s Jiangsu, will help to clarify his stock. Even more important could be the private workout process, but we’re yet to know which strategy him and his American agent Dan Fegan will take, although let’s remember that a different caliber of player, Yao Ming, settled for a lone workout shared by all NBA teams. Anyway, weighing Yi’s characteristics, it won’t be easy to see him falling out of the top half of the first round. After all, it’s not every day you find big guys with his athleticism and skills. At this point, chances are some NBA team will indeed play the Chinese lottery.

Yi will have easy time destroying stiffs like Andrew Bogut and Andrea Bargnani.

Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1863

Last edited by Baller1986 : 04-19-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #21
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
OWNED, you called the CBA an inferior league loser. Yao Ming played in the CBA and your telling me Einstein Yi is a Bust. Yi got better number than Yao Ming in the CBA you IDIOT.

Quote me on it mofo. Never did I say such a thing, even if it is true. Matter of fact I dont want to argue with you anymore. Youre a fukin idiot with no common sense.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #22
Fudge
Balance of Opposites

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Do you have some kind of love affair with this dude. Every post you make, you have Yi Jianlian's name involved?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #23
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Quote me on it mofo. Never did I say such a thing, even if it is true. Matter of fact I dont want to argue with you anymore. Youre a fukin idiot with no common sense.

NAh you just got Owned because your born as an idiot.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:52 PM   #24
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good I love this guy. I still remember him dunking on Dwight last year.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #25
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Bargniani a stiff?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #26
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Bargniani a stiff?

Not to take the word literally i mean in terms of Athletic and Skills comparison to Yi Jianlian.

I do not like people bashing my threads with out even giving any explanation.

I just watch some of Andrea Bargnani's game in Europe/Italia ( youtube) and he is not even a dominance force their. Marco B. is the one i am very impressed that guy can shoot the light out of anyone and he mastered Kobe's Jumpshoot.

Yi Jianlian is much more powerful and finesse compare to Andrea Bargnani.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #27
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I don't like Jianlian at all. ...He's going to get killed against stronger guys, and in the NBA his athleticism won't be anything special. Rich man's Channing Frye IMO.
That's pretty for a mid-1st rounder actually (assuming that's where he gets picked).
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #28
Fudge
Balance of Opposites

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
Not to take the word literally i mean in terms of Athletic and Skills comparison to Yi Jianlian.

I do not like people bashing my threads with out even giving any explanation.

I just watch some of Andrea Bargnani's game in Europe/Italia ( youtube) and he is not even a dominance force their. Marco B. is the one i am very impressed that guy can shoot the light out of anyone and he mastered Kobe's Jumpshoot.

Yi Jianlian is much more powerful and finesse compare to Andrea Bargnani.

You do know we're in the USA right? And you do know that it's much different overseas right?

And no, no other person mastered Kobe's jumpshot other than Kobe. Got it?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #29
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

BUST
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #30
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
BUST

Ignorance

China has 1 billion people and a dedicated bball program
They will produce more and more star players

Anybody doubting this kid will be sorry. Easily a top 8 pick- hopefully by the wolves as KG would be a great tutor.

Very athletic and with a similar work ethic to Yao. Yao was thought to be a bust as well by many experts... too weak, too slow, no one great skill, etc.

This kid will work to get stronger, and expand his already excellent skill base.
Plus the fact he is 7 foot and very mobile. Stats are useless as in China they play robotic, disciplined, team ball.

I once played the Beijing Academy. They had a seven footer who could have scored 40 a game in the tournament as he was very skilled and athletic. But he played a role and got 10 and fifteen mainly setting screens all night for 3 point shooters.

To doubt the kid based on stats and his current upper body strength is blind
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: