Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #31
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Yi Jianlian is coming into the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahalic
asians are coming more an more 2 nba

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

I love how the NBA is getting more and more international players. Who knows, the international basketball championships could one day be as large as the world cup.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #32
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

he is skinny as f*ck though, the man needs to eat something...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #33
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
he is skinny as f*ck though, the man needs to eat something...

not to worry. A few months of McDonalds will put him in shape.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #34
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

After watching these CBA highlights...I decided screw law school...Im about to go to one of these camps i got in the mail where they have scout and ish.

I can def play in the CBA. Those guys suck. They are all built like high school sophmores. How much do they get paid there...Thanks for the post im about to be a star in China.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #35
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Ignorance

China has 1 billion people and a dedicated bball program
They will produce more and more star players

Anybody doubting this kid will be sorry. Easily a top 8 pick- hopefully by the wolves as KG would be a great tutor.

Very athletic and with a similar work ethic to Yao. Yao was thought to be a bust as well by many experts... too weak, too slow, no one great skill, etc.

This kid will work to get stronger, and expand his already excellent skill base.
Plus the fact he is 7 foot and very mobile. Stats are useless as in China they play robotic, disciplined, team ball.

I once played the Beijing Academy. They had a seven footer who could have scored 40 a game in the tournament as he was very skilled and athletic. But he played a role and got 10 and fifteen mainly setting screens all night for 3 point shooters.

To doubt the kid based on stats and his current upper body strength is blind

horsesh!t

your china league is the weak ass league.

even god shamgod rules over there.

there are so many rejected guys who can't even make 12th man spot in the nba who end up going to china and dominating in that weak ass sissy league.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 PM   #36
theballerFKA Ace
Good High School Starter

theballerFKA Ace has an OK reputation so far

I can't wait till this muthaphucka comes to the NBA. Every halfway decent in-game dunker's eyes are going to light up when they see this kat hit the floor. Dudes's gonna get smashed on more than New York's love taco.
theballerFKA Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #37
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
I can't wait till this muthaphucka comes to the NBA. Every halfway decent in-game dunker's eyes are going to light up when they see this kat hit the floor. Dudes's gonna get smashed on more than New York's love taco.

feel the same about Durant? similar body type
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #38
nyc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nyc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
not to worry. A few months of McDonalds will put him in shape.

It didn't work for Yao. :)
nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #39
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

yeah, that attitude really sent Yao packing back home huh?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #40
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

He'll be another sh!tload like Wang Zhi Zhi. No rush for me..
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #41
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
horsesh!t

your china league is the weak ass league.

even god shamgod rules over there.

there are so many rejected guys who can't even make 12th man spot in the nba who end up going to china and dominating in that weak ass sissy league.

2 names I recognise Chris Porter and Darius Rice
I'm trying to find their stats

Like I said dont rate the guy on stats in CBA play
Old 04-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #42
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
He'll be another sh!tload like Wang Zhi Zhi. No rush for me..

just pure ignorance - he is a completely different player.

I dont have an obsession with the guy, but many of you people are showing no understanding of Jianlian, and are just making senseless, uneducated statements based upon how he looks and the league he plays in. Its the same league as Ming was playing when he was drafted(the best NBA centre remember)
Old 04-19-2007, 10:06 PM   #43
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Like I said dont rate the guy on stats in CBA play

Then how else can you rate the guy? His looks? His vert?:
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #44
theballerFKA Ace
Good High School Starter

theballerFKA Ace has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yeah, that attitude really sent Yao packing back home huh?

I never said getting posterized would have any effect on someone, let alone send them packing. Besides, Yao's a tough guy and a good sport but you can't deny that Yao was walking around with a target on his back his first few years and more than a few people hit bullseye. It will be even worse for this guy, he's the tallest guy these NBA players have ever seen, taller than Bradley and Yao. A lot of players are going to want to put him on a wall like a deer mount.
theballerFKA Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #45
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I never said getting posterized would have any effect on someone, let alone send them packing. Besides, Yao's a tough guy and a good sport but you can't deny that Yao was walking around with a target on his back his first few years and more than a few people hit bullseye. It will be even worse for this guy, he's the tallest guy these NBA players have ever seen, taller than Bradley and Yao. A lot of players are going to want to put him on a wall like a deer mount.

this guys is "only" 7 feet tall...
i think he will actually have a better response then yao after getting dunked on.
yao has finally adopted a bit of a swagger. this guy seems to already have it. i think he has more of a mean streak then yao, and will wanna get his whenever he gets showed up.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: