Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #91
veeceeonefive
I airball my layups

Default Re: Yi Jianlian is coming into the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavsfan
Yi Jianlian was born in 1987 he is only turning 20. He is listed at a legit 7 ft, tall and 7-1 in NBA Shoes.

1) If Yi was born in 1987, the CBA would not allow him to be drafted until 2009, when he would turn 22 in accordance with their policy regarding the release of players.

2) Shane Battier claims that Jianlian told him his true age was actually 24 during an international game.

3) His team accidentally posted his age as 1984, and now claim this to be a "typo", but will not comment any further on the matter.

As stated, most Western sources agree that there is no way Jianlian is younger than 22 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
and my point still stands, the nutrition and training yi is getting over in china is **** compared to what he will get here in the states. he will gain 20 or more pounds of muscle easily once he has an nba team.

[sarcasm]
Right. A country with limited resources like China couldn't possibly afford nutrition and physical training for its elite athletes. Particularly because a country like China doesn't treat its elite athletes like revered gods, and doesn't take international sport seriously whatsoever. [/sarcasm]

You aren't really THAT ignorant, are you? There are few more important items in the Chinese mandate than performance in international sports. Their athletes have access to perhaps the best elite athlete training programs in the world, and enjoy almost unlimited resources. Basketball expertise aside, the elite athlete training programs in China are easily on par with what the NBA has to offer.

You obviously don't know anything about China.

What this has to do with the price of tea in China, or Jianlian's ability to add 20lbs of muscle - not much. Yi's CBA-to-NBA predecessors, Wang and Yao didn't explode with 20lbs of muscle as soon as they hit stateside. Yao made marginal physical improvements, but nothing to write home about. Plus, if Yi is 22+ years old (as is probable), he's just about to reach his physical peak. In view of this, I would be very surprised if he improves much on his physique during his time in the NBA.
veeceeonefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #92
Cavsfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeceeonefive
1) If Yi was born in 1987, the CBA would not allow him to be drafted until 2009, when he would turn 22 in accordance with their policy regarding the release of players.

2) Shane Battier claims that Jianlian told him his true age was actually 24 during an international game.

3) His team accidentally posted his age as 1984, and now claim this to be a "typo", but will not comment any further on the matter.

As stated, most Western sources agree that there is no way Jianlian is younger than 22 years old.

[sarcasm]
Right. A country with limited resources like China couldn't possibly afford nutrition and physical training for its elite athletes. Particularly because a country like China doesn't treat its elite athletes like revered gods, and doesn't take international sport seriously whatsoever. [/sarcasm]

You aren't really THAT ignorant, are you? There are few more important items in the Chinese mandate than performance in international sports. Their athletes have access to perhaps the best elite athlete training programs in the world, and enjoy almost unlimited resources. Basketball expertise aside, the elite athlete training programs in China are easily on par with what the NBA has to offer.

What this has to do with the price of tea in China, or Jianlian's ability to add 20lbs of muscle - not much. Yi's CBA-to-NBA predecessors, Wang and Yao didn't explode with 20lbs of muscle as soon as they hit stateside. Yao made marginal physical improvements, but nothing to write home about. Plus, if Yi is 22+ years old (as is probable), he's just about to reach his physical peak. In view of this, I would be very surprised if he improves much on his physique during his time in the NBA.

Yi Jianlian would not lie Shane Battier is a liar cause he is not as good as Yi Jianlian and at age 29 Shane is still a Nobody in the NBA.
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #93
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeceeonefive

[sarcasm]

sorry,your the one thats ignorant. Yao himself said he had virtually NO weight training in china. have you ever eaten chinese food? theres not as much protein in their meals as there are in american meals. why do you think Yao hired an American trainer full time? he didnt get any of that in China. When harris went to coach china's national team, he came back and said pretty much the same thing. China's training methods were very backwards compared to the states.

i dont know anything about China? I'm HALF-CHINESE you flaming idiot.

Last edited by rezznor : 04-20-2007 at 03:12 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #94
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
When Nellie went to coach china's national team, he came back and said pretty much the same thing. China's training methods were very backwards compared to the states.

nellie never coached china's national team.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #95
Cavsfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
nellie never coached china's national team.

I think it was his assistant Del Harris.
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:14 PM   #96
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavsfan
I think it was his assistant Del Harris.
yeh i meant harris, sorry. same point tho

damn, i dont even like this guy Yi very much. why am i even arguing with you.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #97
Fudge
ISH Bully

Yi is way too overrated. He'll be another Shelden Williams based on where's he's getting drafted (5th?). He'll be a bust, especially at 22.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #98
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

He's gonna need more than height in this league
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #99
Kobe4life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
He's gonna need more than height in this league

who doesn't?
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #100
HollaBolla
Banned

I hope he makes it we need more diversity in the NBA.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: