Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #16
sodapop
Decent playground baller

sodapop has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warrio

Too early to tell. Anything can happen. That is why this series is the best match up by far. It can can go both ways. It's going to take 7 games to settle this match.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #17
-primetime-

Default Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend.com
Idunno, right now it doesn't look so even to me. It looks like Golden State has Dallas beat.

I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong.

we shot 35%...

Dirk was 4 for 16

Stack had 0 pionts and 4 turn-overs

Avery refused to play Damp

Davis was raining 3s

these things are not gonna happen every game...

Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM   #18
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

1-1 baby
Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #19
lorenzo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lorenzo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
we shot 35%...

Dirk was 4 for 16

Davis was raining 3s

good points. couple that with the fact that golden state gives up 100+ pts per game......a horrible offensive game 1. also terry played poorly, harris and howard both failed to finish at the rim like they typically do. Tonights game was more indicative of the mavs that we have been watching for most of the season. If the warriors are going to double dirk...then we need to get all of our other great scorers involved. we have too many other weapons to let others effectively double-team one of our players. getting the ball to dirk earlier in the shot clock helps too. We'll see how nelson responds to this game.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #20
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
we shot 35%...

Dirk was 4 for 16

Davis was raining 3s

I hate to quote myself but...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #21
cinemablend.com

cinemablend.com has an OK reputation so far

If they hadn't blown them out so convingly tonight, I'd still have been worried even if they won.

They need to do more than win by a close margin... and they did.

Things look a lot brighter.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #22
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warriors?

The Mavs will win in 5. The Golden St Warriors will self check.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #23
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo
good points. couple that with the fact that golden state gives up 100+ pts per game......a horrible offensive game 1. also terry played poorly, harris and howard both failed to finish at the rim like they typically do. Tonights game was more indicative of the mavs that we have been watching for most of the season. If the warriors are going to double dirk...then we need to get all of our other great scorers involved. we have too many other weapons to let others effectively double-team one of our players. getting the ball to dirk earlier in the shot clock helps too. We'll see how nelson responds to this game.

This is all with the Mavs also going 1-16 from behind the arc which is FAR normal.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #24
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

nbapoints has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Anyone here think that the Mav's WONT win the 1st Round Series against the Warriors?

The thing is, the Warriors have not played well and are 1-1. They didn't play all that great in game one and still won easily. All season they have played terrible on the road and are happy to win one in Dallas. They play excellent at home so lets see what happens these next two games.

If they can just control their emotions and get some production from Richardson and Harringtom they will still win in 6.

By the way, I loved the shot of Cuban grabbing his head with both hands and bending over screaming. Hilarious.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #25
lorenzo

lorenzo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbapoints
The thing is, the Warriors have not played well and are 1-1. They didn't play all that great in game one and still won easily. All season they have played terrible on the road and are happy to win one in Dallas. They play excellent at home so lets see what happens these next two games.

If they can just control their emotions and get some production from Richardson and Harringtom they will still win in 6.

By the way, I loved the shot of Cuban grabbing his head with both hands and bending over screaming. Hilarious.
okay. so the mavs played horrible in one game and decent in the other game and they have a 1-1. Dallas plays excellent on the road. If dallas continues to get everyone involved as the warriors concentrate on doubling the mvp....they win in 5.

BTW, i loved the shot of stephen jackson saying, "who's gonna guard me"? and then josh howard effortlessly stripping him the next time down the court which led to a layup. Then i loved watching jackson act like a teenager as he left the game. Sad thing is that was probably jackson's best game ever. You know jackson aint gonna control his emotions. So maybe harringtom and richardson pick it up, but jackson will start missing some of those 3's like he normally does.

Last edited by lorenzo : 04-26-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #26
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

nbapoints has an OK reputation so far

Watching the halftime show and this is what the analyst Greg Anthony said about the Warriors:

Quote:
The Warriors forced a lot of turnovers, something they aren't known for.

What? This just shows that some of the major media don't know how the Warriors are playing now. They happen to lead the league in steals and cause many turnovers besides the steals.

OK, back to the second half. Nice game so far. Best of the series.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #27
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

were winning 2-1
Old 04-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #28
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont think that the mavs will win.
i have thought that from the begining
i have a friend that loves the mavs and i love the lakers...
we always bet...
and from the begining i told him that i hoped that the warriors get that 8th slot so that they can whoop that d' booty...cuz they woulda swept the clips.
but the match-ups and that one guy
NELLIE.
oh man
and the body-guard is back
Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 AM   #29
MustangDoug

MustangDoug has an OK reputation so far

3-1 Wow this would be shocking if they lost considering they were on pace to win 70 games all season!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #30
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

<whispers from original thread starter> This is starting to feel uncomfortable.....

Wow. Ok Mav's fans, now that this thread has been viewed by over 1,000 people and you guys are down 3-1 in the series, I just would like to know if any of you (who said the Mavs were going to win the series 4-1, 4-2, etc.) would like to apologize here on the message board about Under Estimating the Warriors?

I mean, the Mavs had a terrific season, one for the record books, and now its come down to a MUST WIN situation for the remainder of the series.

Just wanted to see if you not only BELIEVE you'll pull off a come-from-behind 4-3 series victory, you still think that Dampier and MORE IMPORTANTLY your bench is deep enough to win beyond a 1st round upset of the Warriors.

Upon review of yesterdays Box Score and Minutes played your team is essentially playing a 6 man rotation (no, devean george isnt good , trust me I've seen him play many a time in LA & Dampier is a Non Factor/bad contract). Which means your "supposed" depth is now in question. Quite frankly, the Mavs aren't "deep" enough to contend with the althletic Warriors.

Which begs the question, if your precious Mavs get eliminated in this 1st round (now paging the '94 Sonics ), what should Cuban and management do to provide more depth for the Most Important Part of the year...Deep Playoff Runs to the Finals, like last season (which the Mavs should have won the championship if it weren't for a 'Jordan Rules' approach to Wade and free throws...still bugs even me)?

What it be now Mavs fans????????

P.S. Dont even ask me about the Lakers, I know we're in deep trouble, so i'll save you guys the typing by identifying that right now. We aren't deep either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread