Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Official NFL Draft thread

Anyone else excited/pumped up? Wish it was this weekend and not next.

I wonder who is gonna rise and who will slide. Laron Landry seems to be the one who may go as high as 6 to the Skins. He was being projected early on in the 10-15 range...then 8-10 range...now 6? Eh, I think Skins could benefit more with getting Gaines Adams the pass rushing DE. Landry is a stud and pairing him with Sean Taylor is nasty but your secondary aint much of nada if you dont have a pass rush. And right now? Skins dont. To gamble on a later pick or cap casualty is a huge reach.

Mystery behind Adrian Peterson and where he goes continues. I cant pinpoint where he will go. When i do I'm thrown another frigin curve ball from the rumor/report mill. All I know is to me he is an impact performer with Calvin Johnson and he might slide and end up being a steal. I dont see how you dont take him early.

Only pick i think i can call a lock is J.Russell to Oakland. Even tho i heard Oakland wants to trade down...save money and still land thier guy. I dont buy they do that.

Eagles need DB help at S and CB. Reggie Nelson and Darrell Reavis are guys I like...if Nelson is there he is a gift. Doubt either are. Maybe S Griffin from Texas, Chris Houston CB from Arkansas.

I like Rutgers FB Brian Leonard, USC WR Steve Smith, Texas OG Justin Blaylock for the 2nd round. Hopefully Eagles can move up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
statman32
NBA Legend

Default Re: Official NFL Draft thread

Im pretty excited. Usually I have some clue on who the Cardinals are gonna select but this year Im not so sure. We could go Thomas, Adams or Peterson. All very different routes.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Im excited for the Steelers to get back on track but im a little worried about Mike Tomlin and if he can continue the success. Right now we need some help on D mainly at LB and CB, Ike Taylor really let us down last year i thought he was gonna develop into a shut down corner hopefully he can come back this year and have success.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Titans need to trade VY and draft Drew Stanton.

Gobb would do it too. Who else is with us?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Titans need to trade VY and draft Drew Stanton.

Gobb would do it too. Who else is with us?

Im not with you but i can see where you are coming from. Vince Young could either excel and lead the Titans to the top or end up like Mike Vick and be too inconsistent to lead the team to any big time success. Im a huge fan of Stanton though he absolutely tore my Pitt team apart.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Im excited for the Steelers to get back on track but im a little worried about Mike Tomlin and if he can continue the success. Right now we need some help on D mainly at LB and CB, Ike Taylor really let us down last year i thought he was gonna develop into a shut down corner hopefully he can come back this year and have success.
JW Who would you have rather had...Tomlin or Whisnehunt/Grimm?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
JW Who would you have rather had...Tomlin or Whisnehunt/Grimm?

I dont really know much about Tomlin so im just kinda feeling out his coaching style and whatnot but i would have rather had Whisenhunt because i know his track record and he is a great offensive mind.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Im not with you but i can see where you are coming from. Vince Young could either excel and lead the Titans to the top or end up like Mike Vick and be too inconsistent to lead the team to any big time success. Im a huge fan of Stanton though he absolutely tore my Pitt team apart.

Ummm....I don't know how to put this....but.....well.....nevermind.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Ummm....I don't know how to put this....but.....well.....nevermind.

Ok then...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Niners have like 3 3rd round picks and 2 4th round picks iirc, so you can probably expect them to trade up. All I want are a few defensive linman, a WR, and lb to groom for the future. We're in pretty good shape.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
-primetime-

it looks as though Peterson will go to Minnesota...
Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #12
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

I can't believe the draft is still a week away, the morons at ESPN have been hyping it up since February...

I don't understand how one game can skyrocket Russell to the consensus number one pick while knocking Quinn to the 4-7 range? Quinn did not look good in that game but LSU defense >>>>>> ND defense. It reminds me of last year with ESPN jumping on the Jay Cutler bandwagon; so much hype and exposure leading to a high pick.

I really hope the Cardinals are able to get Thomas, Leinart and E. James need some serious help up front.

Does anyone know of a solid MLB the Broncos could possibly draft at 21 or in a later round? I was thinking Denver drafts a DE all the way, but after they released Al Wilson there's a big hole to fill.

Last edited by Randy : 04-19-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Does anyone know of a solid MLB the Broncos could possibly draft at 21 or in a later round? I was thinking Denver drafts a DE all the way, but after they released Al Wilson there's a big hole to fill.

Ye what's up with the Wilson getting cut. I know he signed a huge deal a few years ago, but was his performance declining or was he just a cap casaulty.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Ye what's up with the Wilson getting cut. I know he signed a huge deal a few years ago, but was his performance declining or was he just a cap casaulty.

I believe it was a mixture of his age, salary, and his injured neck that ruined trade talks with the Giants b/c he failed his physical. Too much of a liability I suppose? I really can't say for sure but it pisses me off immensely. Well, that and having Cutler as our starting QB, but that's a whole different story...
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Randy:
I would imagine Denver could take Jon Beason or Lawrence Timmons they can immediately start most likely... later in the draft they will take another LB for sure there isn't any depth on the team in that regard... Nate Webster should slide into the middle....

Once the restricted free agency ends Friday things probably will start looking a little more predictable.... I cant wait for the June 1st veteran cuts that will be also intriguing...

The Jets are sitting pretty with no real dire need so I am happy they can just draft the best player available...
I know we need a DT to clog the middle, Speedy stretch the field receiver, and a shut down corner.
I know we want a pass catching TE, OL depth...

With only 6 picks in the draft we may try to trade down or out the 1st round and stock pile picks and just take the best available in the later rounds... This is my true hope.

Overall I think the draft is pretty even and there isn't nothing of superstar quality. Other than Calvin Johnson all other players are meh... I couldn't see trading up really for anyone unless a team is absolutely desperate to fill a whole...

Russel has tremendous athletic ability and an arm!
Quinn is a prototypical NFL QB...

If I were the Raiders I would take Quinn and build around him that would be the smart thing to do... If I were the Browns I would take Russell he can add excitement and hope to the franchise and he is capable of throwing in that bad weather city!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: