Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2007, 10:51 PM   #16
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official NFL Draft thread

I am looking forward to it, Even though the hawks do not have a first. Hopefully they get a run stuffing DT in the second (Tank Tyler?) or sometime in the draft. Also they need a TE (Ben Patrick? Michael Allen?)
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

I heard Tampa Bay is ready to send Simeon Rice and their #4 pick to Detroit for their #2. I know Gruden wants Calvin Johnson... but daaamn.. there's a good chance CJ falls to 4 anyway. I think Detroit wants Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas... Cleveland will take Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn... CJ might very well be there at 4 (unless Oakland takes him.. with Al Davis's senile ass, it might happen!)
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #18
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

raiders plan:

trade moss, 2nd round pick this year, 1st rounder next year

for

any pick between 2-6.

so they can draft russell then AP and they will be the ****
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #19
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

tampa bay better do all they can to draft calvin johnson. but i know their gonna do sumthin stupid like take quinn or peterson or adams, theyll as likely to draft a no one with the 4th pick
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #20
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Giants desperatly need a Cornerback. Our secondary's been our weakest position for years now so we better do good in this draft.

Hopefully Big Brandon Jacobs can be productive the whole season.

Eli's gonna have a lot to carry on his shoulders w/o Tiki
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
Giants desperatly need a Cornerback. Our secondary's been our weakest position for years now so we better do good in this draft.

Hopefully Big Brandon Jacobs can be productive the whole season.

Eli's gonna have a lot to carry on his shoulders w/o Tiki

Reavis from Pitt would be a great pick...then go WR 2nd round with Steve Smith or Jason Hill.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #22
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
I heard Tampa Bay is ready to send Simeon Rice and their #4 pick to Detroit for their #2. I know Gruden wants Calvin Johnson... but daaamn.. there's a good chance CJ falls to 4 anyway. I think Detroit wants Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas... Cleveland will take Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn... CJ might very well be there at 4 (unless Oakland takes him.. with Al Davis's senile ass, it might happen!)

I heard there is a very good cahnce that CJ might not make it to the #2 spot....so that would be risky for Tampa.

apparenty every time Al Davis is asked about the draft he says "we have the number one pick and we are going to take the best player available"...and people think he is talking about CJ when he says that...

the Raiders will have a number of QBs to choose from in the top of the second round
Old 04-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I heard there is a very good cahnce that CJ might not make it to the #2 spot....so that would be risky for Tampa.

apparenty every time Al Davis is asked about the draft he says "we have the number one pick and we are going to take the best player available"...and people think he is talking about CJ when he says that...

the Raiders will have a number of QBs to choose from in the top of the second round

He wont...with Randy Moss and Joey Porter on deck...why would you add another WR without moving one of those WRs? Raiders have given no serious signs of moving Porter who had a beef with Al Davis...and Moss is too difficult to move because of his contract. If Raiders wanna take a best player available tactic take Adrian Peterson.

Raiders can get CJ by a trade down. They can get OT Thomas by a trade down. If you stay at #1 chances are you're taking a QB (which is a need).
Old 04-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Niners have like 3 3rd round picks and 2 4th round picks iirc, so you can probably expect them to trade up. All I want are a few defensive linman, a WR, and lb to groom for the future. We're in pretty good shape.

DL you got DT Branch, DE J.Anderson, DT A.Okoye
LB you got P.Willis
WR you got R.Meachman

But after Calvin Johnson is taken I dont see a WR whose value is as good if not better than taking a DL player and to me SF needs a DL player to improve thier pass rush especially when they invested big bucks in the secondary. You can land a good WR and LB in the 2nd and 3rd round. I'd go WR then LB in that order after snagging a DL player.

2nd round WR are Jason Hill and Steve Smith. Also you got guys who could slip into the 2nd round like Dwayne Jarrett whose stock has been up and down....Dwayne Bowe who has been projected as a late round first. He could easily go to the 2nd with a few reaches and high 2nd rounders getting snagged earlier.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #25
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool

Jamaal Anderson and Chris Houston, baby!

I like Brady Quinn also. I think he's the #1 QB in the draft.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If Raiders wanna take a best player available tactic take Adrian Peterson.

I think if the Raiders actually did this it would be genius...

but just like you said with CJ, they could trade down for Peterson as well.

I am just saying what I have heard through the grape vine, and that is there is a chance the Raiders might take CJ.

I think it would be a horrible move myself but then again it is Al Davis we are talking about and he is more than capable of doing something this dumb...
Old 04-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I think if the Raiders actually did this it would be genius...

but just like you said with CJ, they could trade down for Peterson as well.

I am just saying what I have heard through the grape vine, and that is there is a chance the Raiders might take CJ.

I think it would be a horrible move myself but then again it is Al Davis we are talking about and he is more than capable of doing something this dumb...

True, he did take a kicker in the first round.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Lets go EAGLES!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: