Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 07-03-2006, 09:12 AM   #31
funky2dope
I airball my layups

funky2dope has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
The versatility of his offencive game should net him over 10ppg with the playing time he will get. He is an ok rebounder and a good shot blocker.

Barring any more major moves that would cut into his playing time, I put him at 30-35mpg, 12-16ppg, 6-8rpg, 1-2bpg, shooting 45% from the field and about 33% from 3

These number will put him near the top of the ROY race with Foye and Roy.

the knock on him is how soft he is, as is the same on lots of Euro's his size that are exceptional offensive talents. I don't think he'll contribute anything on the boards in his rookie season, he'll have to develop that with his strength which needs major work.
He barely averaged 10ppg for his Euro club team, ain't no chance in hell he will put up OVER 10ppg in the NBA!

Another flop of a no.1 pick. Suffer Raptors fans!
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #32
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Depends on what is a flop. If you expect the best player in the draft class then I do believe he will flop. If you are expecting a good solid player who will be a consistant starter for the next 10 years then you are fine. Bargs will be a good player. Not great though at least not from what I've seen.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #33
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

He must be reasonably good if he was getting court time in Europe for a top tier team. Those teams don't give minutes to young players as a general rule.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #34
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky2dope
the knock on him is how soft he is, as is the same on lots of Euro's his size that are exceptional offensive talents. I don't think he'll contribute anything on the boards in his rookie season, he'll have to develop that with his strength which needs major work.
He barely averaged 10ppg for his Euro club team, ain't no chance in hell he will put up OVER 10ppg in the NBA!

Another flop of a no.1 pick. Suffer Raptors fans!

The soft label is a stereotype call, he isn't as soft as everyone who is uninformed is saying. And 10ppg on the euro club he was playing on and getting about 22mpg is about 10 more ppg than skita and darko were getting in there 1mpg before they came over.

What were Dirks number like in the year he was drafted out of europe?
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #35
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

9pts/4reb. What i expect to get from Bargnani. TJ Ford will find a way to get him some shots.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM   #36
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don' think it's smart guessing 15/7-8. He probably won't get the minutes to produce like that, you gotta remember, Bosh only got 11/7 himself in his first year IIRC.

For Bargnani, I'll say 8/5 his first year.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #37
jaja
Great young streetballer

jaja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris-77
Bargnani's solid mechanics and sheers size should prevent him from flopping. I'm not saying he's Christ returned to earth in a raps jersey or anything, but he has proven himself at an elite level that's at least as competitive as college ball, plus he's practiced an played more than any college kid his age. He'll be good, i'm just not sure how good.

why does everyone say the euro leage is as competitive as college. how do people come up with these comparisons
jaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #38
jaja
Great young streetballer

oh, and by the way, he'll be a flob. flob defined as falling shor of being the best player in the draft
Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #39
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
why does everyone say the euro leage is as competitive as college. how do people come up with these comparisons

Every single basketball analyst says that. Who are you to argue with the experts?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #40
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Thumbs down

Bargnani is a good shooter.....that's all. Unless he improves his inside game, strengh, and rebounding he'll average somewhere around 7 pts.

DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE FIRST PICK!
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #41
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

YOU ARE STUPID

A good shooter, thats all?

You are stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

Why would they draft him if all he could do is shoot, you moron.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #42
jaja
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Every single basketball analyst says that. Who are you to argue with the experts?

experts my butt. most fans as just as capable. it's no big deal. i still dont see facts to back it up, other than the so called eperts repeating the same thing. if it was just as competitive, we should be able to see more of europe's top players doing as well here.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #43
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Colangelo is bringing over Garbajosa, you'll see that they can play very well here. This guy is flying under the radar of everyone.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #44
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
The soft label is a stereotype call, he isn't as soft as everyone who is uninformed is saying. And 10ppg on the euro club he was playing on and getting about 22mpg is about 10 more ppg than skita and darko were getting in there 1mpg before they came over.

What were Dirks number like in the year he was drafted out of europe?

Bargnanni played on a very strong euro league team where many of the players (as well as many of the teams in europe) do not average a high amount of points or minuetes but of the coaching philosophy that you must give players as much endurance as possible. One problem with comparing players to Dirk is that he played in the German league, which was, and still is, an incredibly weak league. Dirk also struggled big time in his first season in the NBA.

The bottom line is, most the euros that flop in the NBA where because of the arrogence that NBA scouts have become. Most of the flops where players that were much younger than the 21 year olds they use to draft; they were drafted because of thier practice habits, and many did not have game expirience. This is definatly true with Skita, he never played on the main team, he just looked great in practice. Darko was the most unusal case of them all, he was very young, he starting games at the age of 16 (which is unheard of in europe) and played a decent amount of minutes. What I saw of him in Orlando, I am convinced he will have a Jermaine O'neal type of breakout season.

I think Bargnani will be fine because he is a player that fits the same mold of how he came to the NBA like Pau Gasol did when he came out in 2001. He was 21, played on a big time euro team, that played a solid amount of minutes, but not the big time minutes you expect like players in the U.S. do.
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #45
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
YOU ARE STUPID

A good shooter, thats all?

You are stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

Why would they draft him if all he could do is shoot, you moron.

You don't know what I mean. Of course he can do more than shoot, but can he do it good enough to average above 8 pts in a NBA game..I mean he's frickin skinny..unless he works out he's gonna suck at rebounding and posting up
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: