Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ariza or Jeffries

I really think Isiah ****ed up big time with Jeffries. He can't guard your 6'6" SF's because they just blow past him easily and he can't really guard post players because he's not strong enough. He seems to do alright against big guys that like to play on the perimeter, but is that really worth the MLE or even 23 mpg?

Atleast with Ariza, you see flashes of athleticism and some hope that he can become a good defensive player, but with Jeffries all I see is 6'10" player that has at best average skills.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 AM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ariza or Jeffries

I agree entirely. The only guy that could stick defense on 6'6'' or around that height and stop them from scoring a bit was Q-Rich. Jefferies was overrated. That's a guy that has to go away during the offseason. Take his buddy James with him.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Jeffries SUCKS!!! I see him just marinating on the bench next to Jerome after Cato leaves.

Reasons
1- Sucks
2- Balkman is out play him
3- Q is MUCH better
4- We will fill the shot blockin void if Zeke has a brain
5- Lee is going to become a better defender.

And the MAIN REASON...
Refer back to #1
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Ariza is a poor man's Renaldo Balkman.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I'd Take Ariza over Jeffries but not over Balkman
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

obvious answer... theyre really unrelated anyway
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Jeffries was good in Washington.

He would defend, run, pass, and shoot the occasional jumper, but once he's on the Knicks, I don't know what happend to the guy.

Maybe he decided to follow Jerome James' footsteps and not play hard, or maybe some aliens from outerspace brainwashed him into thinking he's a duck.

j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I haven't played much basketball in my life. I'm too short and I am terrible.

But I have a feel for sports.

I would not give up on Jefferies, but like Frye he is lost in this system and looks like he just doesn't understand his role and how he "FITS" into our system.

The problem I see is that our "SYSTEM" is a one dimensional. Get the ball to Curry in the low post and if that doesn't work wing it.

After that the players seem not to know what to do. That seems to be the same on the other end. They don't know their spacing when they play zone and they have problems switching off and helping out. They are always out of position. We were the worst defense against three pointers.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I haven't played much basketball in my life. I'm too short and I am terrible.

But I have a feel for sports.

I would not give up on Jefferies, but like Frye he is lost in this system and looks like he just doesn't understand his role and how he "FITS" into our system.

The problem I see is that our "SYSTEM" is a one dimensional. Get the ball to Curry in the low post and if that doesn't work wing it.

After that the players seem not to know what to do. That seems to be the same on the other end. They don't know their spacing when they play zone and they have problems switching off and helping out. They are always out of position. We were the worst defense against three pointers.

So you think the problem is Management?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Yes, I always felt when a player goes to a new team or a young player has an off year it's usually the coach who has not done the right thing.

The other explanations are poor conditioning and attitude. With both Frye and Jefferies that is not the case. In fact it is just the opposite. They both have worked hard and are very coachable, they are also both in great shape.

So what else could it be? Without even watching a game one might come to a conclusion that the coach was to blame. After watching the games I am convinced it is Isiah's fault, not 100% but he has to take responsibility.

Frye is a 20-10 guy and has proved it, so what is the problem. Anybody watching a game can see. As for Jefferies you might think he just stinks, he doesn't. I think he tried to do things he was not capable of doing(Why?). He has no low post game but has been known to hit the short jumper. He can rebound and gets points by put backs not low post moves. He can play defense but nobody can do it alone and the Knicks are one of the worst help defenses.

So who's fault is it that they can't play defense?

The coach...

Rule#1- If you don't play D, you don't play.

Like I said to me the offense was go to Curry in the low post and if that doesn't work wing it.

What kind of offense is that? Am I missing something.

Are our players so stupid they can't understand simple basic fundamental basketball?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #11
j Fresh
Local High School Star

I've been in situations like that before.

When I played for my 8th grade community team, we had all the talent in the world, we were fast, athletic, and real talented but we didn't play team ball. We just used our talent to our advatange and the white kids went home with the championship.

So the moral of this story is, fire Isiah Thomas and James Dolan and hire real basketball experts!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Most sports are team sports.

Even boxing...yes....you need a good trainer and manager.

Look what happened to a lot of boxers who fired their trusted trainers and managers.....like Mike Tyson.

Any business or team is only as strong as there weakest link as the Yankees are finding out.

There was a fighter named Barry McWiggen who's trainer screwed him during a fight. In 100 degree weather and at the ring they said it was like 120 degrees, the trainer did not give him water or ice his neck. He lost the championship. I don't know what happened to the guy this was 20-30 years ago, but he probably had money on the other guy. I hope they caught him and sent him to jail. This is a true story I saw the fight on TV.

All sports take a team of people down to the towel boy to be successful.

The Knicks right now do not have good basketball people making the big decisions. But there are a lot of good people under Zeke.

Last edited by bigdaddybluesman : 04-24-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #13
BentleyTC
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BentleyTC has an OK reputation so far

Jeffries is garbage. He has no outside shot whatsoever and Q Rich is definately better than him at defense.
BentleyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: