Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2007, 03:21 AM   #16
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Kobe break Jordan's 63 Point performance in the Playoffs

of course Kobe can do it but still that will prove nothing. Because by the end of the day this is how I see it:

MJ > Kobe

beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:21 AM   #17
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
The Dumbest Award this Season is Steve Nash winning his 3rd Consecutive Undeserving Maurice Podoloff MVP Trophy.
He, along with Dirk, deserves it this year. You judge his season, not him having two more MVPs the last two years. That's retarded.

May 2007:
Media guy nš1: "Hey, do we give Nash the MVP?"
Media guy nš2: "No, he's already won 2, let's give it to Dirk."

May 2008:
Media guy nš1: "Hey, do we give Nash the MVP?"
Media guy nš2: "No, he's already won 2, let's give it to Dirk."
Media guy nš3: "But he won it last year!"
Media guy nš4: "Ok, we'll give it to Ira Newble then, I think he has never won it before"

:rollingeyes:
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #18
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Jordan avg. in the 1985-86 Season 22 PPG and Kobe's avg. in the 2007 NBA Season 31.5

Jordan missed 64 games that season with a broken foot, and wasn't fully himself when he came back...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #19
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Jordan missed 64 games that season with a broken foot, and wasn't fully himself when he came back...

That is what i am talking about a Jordan who just comeback from an injury dominated one of the best team in the NBA the 1986 Boston Celtics.

Kobe Bryant now on his prime can be one of the few Current NBA players that might have a chance to shattered that record.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #20
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1UCbdcpW4w

Michael Jordan score 63 Points vs. Larry Bird and his Celtics.
Can Kobe break that i think so.

1986 Boston Celtics is a better defensive team than the Phoenix Suns 2007.

Kobe would just ball hogged his way to the record book and making a huge statement over Nash and his Suns.

Steve Nash: I make my teammate better in the Regular Season so i deserve to be a 3 time MVP.

Baller1986: Even your teammates are alot better than you Marion and Stoudemire

Kobe Bryant: Yeah 65 Points Burning the Suns Defense over and over again.

this is an excerpt from Baller1986's new screenplay.

He's really knowledgable and articulate
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #21
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
That is what i am talking about a Jordan who just comeback from an injury dominated one of the best team in the NBA the 1986 Boston Celtics.

Kobe Bryant now on his prime can be one of the few Current NBA players that might have a chance to shattered that record.

The Bulls got swept by us that year... How were we dominated?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #22
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Baller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected posterBaller1986 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The Bulls got swept by us that year... How were we dominated?

Although the Bulls got sweep by the legendary Boston Celtics, Jordan give them a hell of a fight scoring 63 points againts the best team in the NBA proves that one man can make a difference in NBA Record Book.

Your Boston Celtics eventually won their last NBA Championship in 1986 defeating a young Houston Rockets of Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Samson in the NBA Finals.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #23
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
ESPN and NBA.com made this BS Prediction again and last year they also did it Nash won by the way,

This guy's like a spotless dog. He roams around the net trying to find info on how he can knock on Nash and everybody else.

600+ posts of complete garbage too.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #24
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Talking Re: What if Kobe break Jordan's 63 Point performance in the Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
This guy's like a spotless dog. He roams around the net trying to find info on how he can knock on Nash and everybody else.

600+ posts of complete garbage too.

Nash is not the best player in the NBA Deal with it. History will just prove that a guy who has zero titles and zero final appearance is probably one of the best blunders in selecting this guy as an MVP Candidate.

All of your post are garbage by the way same as your attitude.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #25
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
this is correct. jordan averaged very few minutes that season. in fact the pts per minute break down to:

jordan 86 - .90 pts per minute
kobe 06 - .77 pts per minute

none of which has any bearing on whether kobe can break jordan's record. he obviously can. he's at his peak at 28 yrs old where mike was only 22. jordan had to score against dennis johnson and a great celtics front line d. kobe has to score against raja bell and a half decent suns front line d. and the suns are the only team in the league who plays at the same pace as those old celts did. none of which should be used to diminish the numbers kobe may put up in this round. i just mention it to point out the likelihood of him absolutely wrecking 63 pts. i fully expect kobe to get around 70 in one of these games. he may actually break the record from highest average for a single playoff round (i think baylor has it now).
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #26
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
this is correct. jordan averaged very few minutes that season. in fact the pts per minute break down to:

jordan 86 - .90 pts per minute
kobe 06 - .77 pts per minute

none of which has any bearing on whether kobe can break jordan's record. he obviously can. he's at his peak at 28 yrs old where mike was only 22. jordan had to score against dennis johnson and a great celtics front line d. kobe has to score against raja bell and a half decent suns front line d. and the suns are the only team in the league who plays at the same pace as those old celts did. none of which should be used to diminish the numbers kobe may put up in this round. i just mention it to point out the likelihood of him absolutely wrecking 63 pts. i fully expect kobe to get around 70 in one of these games. he may actually break the record from highest average for a single playoff round (i think baylor has it now).

I think that among current NBA players Kobe Bryant has the greater chance to break Michael Jordan's NBA Playoff record. Kobe Bryant almost perfected Michael Jordan's jumpshoot and the defense of the Suns are not that good compare to the Legendary Celtics. Kobe can score againts the likeness of Raja Bell and company. Besides Phil Jackson will just give the greenlight for Kobe to score.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #27
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Do I really need to point out that you're comparing Jordan's second year in the league with Kobe's what, 10th? 11th? Apples and oranges kiddies, apples and oranges.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #28
Baller1986
The Real ISH Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Do I really need to point out that you're comparing Jordan's second year in the league with Kobe's what, 10th? 11th? Apples and oranges kiddies, apples and oranges.

I am not comparing it i just pointed out that Kobe is an elite NBA player who can score 65 or more points in the Playoffs. I cannot blame you guys you do not see the real deal about my post this is about shattering a 21 yrs.old record made by his Airness againts Larry Bird and his Celtics.:)
Old 04-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #29
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Kobe won't break 63 -- he only scores big against sub-.400 teams.

(cue "oh yeah, oh yeah!? What about Dallas last year! Huh? HUH? )

I think that Kobe, if he does score big in a game, will hover around 53-57 points. Not sure he will, though. I personally think he'll average around 31-33 ppg, 36 max. He'll shoot 46-47.5%.

Btw dejordan, Jerry West has the highest playoff series average with 46.2 ppg I believe. After that is Jordan with 45.2 ppg. Jordan actually had 4 playoff series averaging over 41 ppg, and 5 series over 40 ppg.

Last edited by Loki : 04-20-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #30
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Btw dejordan, Jerry West has the highest playoff series average with 46.2 ppg I believe. After that is Jordan with 45.2 ppg. Jordan actually had 4 playoff series averaging over 41 ppg, and 5 series over 40 ppg.
damn! i thought it was baylor at like 43 followed by mike's 41 against phoenix. don't know where i got that in my head. maybe that's for a 7 game series? whatever. i might be ignorant, but i'm not ignorant enough to argue with you about stats.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: