Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
JMEWLS

Default Orlando Magic end of season reviews.

This thread will just review the whole seasons, your thoughts on what we did wrong, and what we could do better. Share your thoughts on the Magic.

MAGIC END OF SEASON AWARDS
MVP:
Dwight Howard: Corner-stone of the Orlando Magic franchise, he's our leading score, rebounder, and shot blocker. He ranks 2nd in FG% in the league. But the league now is aware of how dominate Dwight is. Double teaming is his downside. Expect his turnovers to decrease next season, he'll be a better passer out of double teams and be a much better scorer.

Defensive Player of the year:
Dwight Howard: He's a huge defensive presence, his freakish athleticism allows him to do things only a few big men can do in this league. He leads the team in shot blocking, but stats don't tell the whole story. He's a great rebounder and knows how to get it done on defense.

Most Improved Player:
Trevor Ariza: When trading Steve Francis, who would've thought Trevor Ariza was as good as he is now? Answer, probably no one not even i. He's got huge athleticism, and will just keep growing. High hopes for Ariza next season, and i know he's going to deliver.

6th Man of the Year:
Trevor Ariza: It was tight between Ariza and Darko, but Darko i think is just too inconsistent. Ariza has been a huge burst of energy off the bench. He can do almost everything, whether its play defense or get to the ring on offense.

Rookie Of the year:
JJ Redick: Really our only rookie who has shown something.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: Orlando Magic end of season reviews.

MAGIC PLAYER REVIEWS:

JAMEER NELSON:

I had such high hopes for him this season, he was amazing in the final stretch of games the previous season. He still shows flashes of a player he can become, and i still will give him another chance. This offseason, i know he'll be working hard to be a "pass-first" type point guard. Jameer's gotta learn to not settle for a jumpshot too, he should be trying to get to the ring everytime. He's so good at it, i dont understand why he doesn't keep doing it. Next season, i'll expect something big from him, i still haven't lost the thought of what he can become.
END OF SEASON STATS:13ppg,3.1rpg,4.3apg,1spg

GRANT HILL:

There's much love from the players and fans of the Magic. He's a leader, he's the most consistent player in the team. He can do everything on the court, whether its pass, shoot rebound defend, everything. Unfortunately health is a concern, but there's some good signs he's bounced back since having a 21 game season. This season he's played a total of 65. Which he's only managed to to 2 times since the 2000-2001 season.
END OF SEASON STATS:14.4ppg,3.6rpg,2.1apg,0.9spg,0.4bpg

HEDO TURKOGLU:

Our versatile player was a huge surprise final stretch of games. Starting the season pretty slow, he's final caught the pace and been on of the most important players in our roster. He's been a huge presence for us on the offensive end and could be breaking out? If he doesn't go in a trade this offseason, i will expect him to start from where he left off.
END OF SEASON STATS: 13.3ppg,4rpg,3.2apg,1spg,0.2bpg

TONY BATTIE:

He had an alright season, along with Dwight. He came out strong, but faded away a little as the season progressed. I'm looking for Darko to take that starting spot next season and Battie to move to the bench. He's been a very solid rebounder for us, and took some pressure of Dwight. There's really nothing he's done wrong for us, pretty good season.
END OF SEASON STATS: 6.1ppg,5.2rpg,0.5apg,0.4spg,0.4bpg

DWIGHT HOWARD:

The young man keeps impressing not only me but the league. Freakish athleticism is just one of a few things very little big men posses. He's a top rebounder in this league and a top notch defender. Corner stone of the franchise, and a big man that will be one of the most dominate players in the league. Next season he's going to keep improving as he has every season. Its scary thinking of what he can become at 21, he's already a top player in this league.
END OF SEASON STATS: 17.6ppg,12.3rpg,1.9apg,0.8spg,1.9bpg

TREVOR ARIZA

He's been a huge surprise this season, and a huge break through in the Steve Francis trade. He's been known for dunking on big guys this season and has made a name for himself in Orlando. He's one of our best defenders and can get to hole at will. Next season i expect him to start if not have HUGE minutes off the bench, and continue his great play.
END OF SEASON STATS: 8.9ppg,4.4rpg,1.1apg,1spg,0.3bpg

DARKO MILICIC

The young player has very many doubters, and has been considered a bust in the deep draft involving LeBron, Melo Bosh Wade ect. He's consistency has been an issue for the team, and himself but thats what comes with many young players. He has been a tremendous shot blocker, and i expect him a Dwight to be a very fierce DUO in the future.
END OF SEASON STATS: 8ppg,5.5rpg,1.1apg,0.6spg,1.8bpg

Carlos Arroyo: He's a shoot first type of player, and in games has been frustrating to watch because of him just jacking up wild shots.

Keyon Dooling: He can spread the floor and his got great athleticism, he's been a fine player for the team.

JJ Redick: He's got very limited minutes and should be getting more, he can feed Dwight, and also hit the 3 ball. One of the best shots in the league, no doubt in my mind.

Others:
Pat Garrity, James Augustine, Keith Bogans, Travis Diener and Bo Outlaw
Old 04-21-2007, 01:31 AM   #3
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

you think ariza's gonna be in the dunk contest w/ Boki Nachbar next year?
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
you think ariza's gonna be in the dunk contest w/ Boki Nachbar next year?
I'm hoping Dwight will come back, and show us the dunks we missed out on last year.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Theirs somethings I would like to see the Magic improve on. First they need to unload all they point guards they have. Second if Grant Hill leaves or retire after the playoffs they will need a shooting guard. Also here's a trade I was thinking about. Andre Miller for Jameer Nelson. Andre Miller is a pass first guard and gets his teammates involved and he brings leadership and he has two years left on his contract . Jameer could be balling in his native Philadephia next to Igoudola.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Theirs somethings I would like to see the Magic improve on. First they need to unload all they point guards they have. Second if Grant Hill leaves or retire after the playoffs they will need a shooting guard. Also here's a trade I was thinking about. Andre Miller for Jameer Nelson. Andre Miller is a pass first guard and gets his teammates involved and he brings leadership and he has two years left on his contract . Jameer could be balling in his native Philadephia next to Igoudola.
I doubt we could trade Jameer straight up for Andre Miller, also would that work under the cap?

I'm pretty sure that Grants staying in Orlando, he'll resign at a pretty small price.

But i like the idea of getting Miller, he's a great passer and a leader. If he could bring what he did to Denver, sign him up!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
I doubt we could trade Jameer straight up for Andre Miller, also would that work under the cap?

I'm pretty sure that Grants staying in Orlando, he'll resign at a pretty small price.

But i like the idea of getting Miller, he's a great passer and a leader. If he could bring what he did to Denver, sign him up!

You really think we need another non-shooter?

That would limit us to what? 2 guys who can shoot?
Reddick
Turkoglu

We need a mix of a guy who can shoot, but distribute at a high level as well.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #8
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
You really think we need another non-shooter?

That would limit us to what? 2 guys who can shoot?
Reddick
Turkoglu

We need a mix of a guy who can shoot, but distribute at a high level as well.
Our main problem is getting the ball to Dwight, Andre Miller will do this.

He's a pretty decent scorer to, Andre can do alot of things on the court.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Our main problem is getting the ball to Dwight, Andre Miller will do this.

He's a pretty decent scorer to, Andre can do alot of things on the court.

Any younger Sam Cassell comparisons out there? Thats the kind of player we need.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Any younger Sam Cassell comparisons out there? Thats the kind of player we need.
wouldn't think so.

i said earlier, Chris Duhon i think would be a great fit. He doesn't have a good 3 point shot, but he's defense and leadership would be great.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

This might seem crazy but how about shooting guard Julius Hodge from the D-League. He was number 2 in the D-Leagur with triple doubles. He's 6-6 and he can play the 3 positions on the court. Once he gets more weight on him he could be a good fit.

Last edited by idizzle : 04-30-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
This might seem crazy but how about shooting guard Julius Hodge from the D-League. He was number 2 in the D-Leagur with triple doubles. He's 6-6 and he can play the 3 positions on the court. Once he gets more weight on him he could be a good fit.
I remember him, is he still in contract with Denver?

He would be nice off the bench.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

He got traded to Milwaukee along with Earl Boykins in order for the Nuggets to get Steve Blake. I think he's a free agent.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:31 AM   #14
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
I remember him, is he still in contract with Denver?

He would be nice off the bench.

Nah, he was waived from Milwaukee.

Being a D-Leaguer really doesn't mean much, I think that Magic should set their standards a little higher then that. The quality of play between D-League and NBA is much, much different.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Magic will stick with Nelson, look for scorer

They gonna try to get Rashard or VC

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...rn=nba,3 0795
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: