Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has decent reputation
Default Another strange comment from Amare about Nash...

Quote:
There were, however, some surprises. One of the questions I asked of the Mavs and Suns players was which of the two -- Nash or Nowitzki -- they would choose to build a team around. The expected, and safe answer, is to praise one's teammate (as Devin Harris of the Mavs did, saying: "How do you not choose a seven-footer with an unstoppable fadeaway?"). Then there's the route chosen by Amare Stoudemire, the Suns center. Asked who he'd pick between the two, Stoudemire said: "Shaq."

Told this wasn't an option, Stoudemire then brought up Kobe Bryant. "Don't forget Kobe," said Stoudemire. "In the MVP talk, remember that Steve has three All-Stars and Dirk has two. Kobe has none."

Ignoring for a moment Stoudemire's curious math (apparently, Steve and Dirk count as All-Stars but Kobe does not), it is interesting that Stoudemire made an effort not to say Nash, the man some would argue is responsible for much of Stoudemire's success. Especially right before the playoffs are to begin, when chemistry is paramount. (Told of the comment, one member of the Suns said, "What do you expect from a guy who chooses a jersey number of one?").

For perspective, Stoudemire did answer this question a few weeks ago, when the Suns were in the midst of a swoon. Still, diplomacy is clearly not his strong suit (apparently, there is no D in STAT, some would argue in more ways than one).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ash/index.html

Why do people keep promoting Nash for MVP when the other stars on his own team obviously think that's a load of crap?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Another strange comment from Amare about Nash...

Amare is telling it like it is... i knew this would happen with Marion and Nash because every1 puts them down to put Nash up. Thats not healty for any team, and now Nash seems to have an arrogance about him as well after the 2nd MVP.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
One of Shemps Kids

He said don't forget Kobe. Remind me where he says there Nash shouldn't be MVP?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One of Shemps Kids
He said don't forget Kobe. Remind me where he says there Nash shouldn't be MVP?

this has nothing to do with that..It has everything to do with him thinking NAsh is overrating and a teammate calling him selfish.

when asked who to build a team around either nash or dirk...he pretty much said neither. First answer was shaq then Kobe.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Amare is telling it like it is... i knew this would happen with Marion and Nash because every1 puts them down to put Nash up. Thats not healty for any team, and now Nash seems to have an arrogance about him as well after the 2nd MVP.

How does Nash seem arrogant now??
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 PM   #6
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

The entire Suns organization is very humble and sincere, it isnt just Amare. We will see if this changes if they win a championship this year or next.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #7
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amare really needs to keep his mouth shut, even if he is telling the truth. This **** only causes problems.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #8
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
How does Nash seem arrogant now??

My thoughts exactly. Nash has never come across as arrogant to me.

different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

All that's changed about the guy that everyone should love has a person is the fact that he's holding guys a lot more accountable because he wants to win badly. What arrogance has to do with that, I don't know.

You know people are grabbing at straws when you accuse one of the most liked players in the league of having bad character. Just stick to pointing out stupid flaws in his game....at least it makes some sort of sense however small.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #10
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease

nash is not arrogant....he's actually 100% the opposite
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #11
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I don't know what Amare is talking about, Kobe doesn't deserve any consideration for MVP because his team is way down the rung. They barely made the playoffs, does that warrant MVP talk for him? Com'on, that's disgusting.

Amare should be thankful for the team success he has received because of Steve Nash. Sure, Amare's a great individual player, but he wouldn't have any team success without Nash.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
nash is not arrogant....he's actually 100% the opposite

its more a passive agressive type arrogance
Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That would be called self righteous I believe.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #14
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I don't know what Amare is talking about, Kobe doesn't deserve any consideration for MVP because his team is way down the rung. They barely made the playoffs, does that warrant MVP talk for him? Com'on, that's disgusting.

Amare should be thankful for the team success he has received because of Steve Nash. Sure, Amare's a great individual player, but he wouldn't have any team success without Nash.

Put any 2 other all stars around Amare and you have team success. It actually seems like without AMare Nash wouldnt have any MVP's. Whether it was Amare dominating in 2005 or him being hurt and giving Nash the overcoming AMare excuse.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Put any 2 other all stars around Amare and you have team success. It actually seems like without AMare Nash wouldnt have any MVP's. Whether it was Amare dominating in 2005 or him being hurt and giving Nash the overcoming AMare excuse.

You just used logic that could be applied to any MVP ever. Great job.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: