Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #16
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Another strange comment from Amare about Nash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
its more a passive agressive type arrogance
what does this mean, good sir?
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #17
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he doesn't have any kind of arrogance at all...the only time i've even seen him celebrate any shot he's made is that one three at the nets game....

and packing someone..he packed farmar in the 1st or 2nd game of the regular season vs the lakers

he never dunks (though it is confirmed he can)
he's probably the most humble guy in the league

Last edited by nash4eva!gosuns : 04-21-2007 at 01:26 AM.
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #18
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid80sjordan

its my opinion...i cant just pull some press conference out of no where and i dont just go around rembering quotes by heart.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:31 AM   #19
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
he doesn't have any kind of arrogance at all...the only time i've even seen him celebrate any shot he's made is that one three at the nets game....

and packing someone..he packed farmar in the 1st or 2nd game of the regular season vs the lakers

he never dunks (though it is confirmed he can)
he's probably the most humble guy in the league

its because its too risky for him to do it in a game. HE prob only makes 45% of uncontested dunks when his legs are fresh. But during a game its different. I had to be able to reverse of 2 feet before I felt comfortable dunking in game time situations.

thats all propaganda...wanna see someone really humble look at the guys at the bottom of the rosters that had to fight to just get on the roster. Look at a guy like Deke who helps out his native country.

You wanna see someone more humble than Nash just look at Tauriaf who is just happy to be alive and living let alone playing in the NBA.

Both MArion and Nash feel slighted by the media and prob Miike D'Antoni and NAsh isnt doing anythign to lead this team through this inner turmoil.

Last edited by Younggrease : 04-21-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 AM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
thats all propaganda...wanna see someone really humble look at the guys at the bottom of the rosters that had to fight to just get on the roster. Look at a guy like Deke who helps out his native country.

You wanna see someone more humble than Nash just look at Tauriaf who is just happy to be alive and living let alone playing in the NBA.

You must hate 99% of the leauge then. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #21
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
You must hate 99% of the leauge then. lol
I dont hate arroganant people at all. I just rather you just be who you are instead of trying to trick me into thinking your something that your not. Being cocky arrogant is very common in bball.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:40 AM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I dont hate arroganant people at all. I just rather you just be who you are instead of trying to trick me into thinking your something that your not. Being cocky arrogant is very common in bball.

Forgive me if I think this is nothing more than a ***** seeing what he wants to see. Just like Kobe ****** wanted to believe he was a ****** to justify their unwarranted hate. Just like VC ****** will look at every little facial expression he makes to justify their nut hugging of him even though he never truly did anything that should cause such commotion as we'll see in Toronto later today.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:45 AM   #23
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Forgive me if I think this is nothing more than a ***** seeing what he wants to see. Just like Kobe ****** wanted to believe he was a ****** to justify their unwarranted hate. Just like VC ****** will look at every little facial expression he makes to justify their nut hugging of him even though he never truly did anything that should cause such commotion as we'll see in Toronto later today.

I dont hate Steve NAsh...i actually used to love him in Dallas. I just hate what the media has turned him into. I dont hate Steve Nash the player, I hate Steve Nash the top 10 pg ever and steve nash the best player(because he is neither one of those things)
Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 AM   #24
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

at younggrease and konex for embracing stoudemire's comments even though he made a dumbass math error

Nash and dirk each count as their own all star help, while Kobe himself doesn't count.

amare's jealousy is just... wow. I mean come on, even if he truly is a fan of kobe, you don't make statements like that--to exaggerate even (nash has THREE all stars around him while Kobe has none???)--to the media.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #25
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
I dont hate Steve NAsh...i actually used to love him in Dallas. I just hate what the media has turned him into. I dont hate Steve Nash the player, I hate Steve Nash the top 10 pg ever and steve nash the best player(because he is neither one of those things)

That I have no problem with cause I'm the same way with Durant. I get a different sense though when you attack his character. Just seems like more than simply critiquing his game. Maybe I'm mixing you up with one of the many other Nash ******, but a lot of them post in a way that makes you think they dream about walking up to him and KO'ing him...even though he's a great guy.

No one should ever get that worked up over a player.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 AM   #26
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

lol
I'm a fan of his as a basketball player but you can't exactly say he has a high IQ
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #27
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
its more a passive agressive type arrogance

Grease you just make yourself sound like a biased kobe homer when you make BS claims like Nash is arrogant. Nash isn't even arrogant by NORMAL human standards, let alone NBA player standards.

does he celebrate wildly, like a buffon after big plays? (or even average plays, like clowns like Nate Robinson would), does he make ridiculous claims like Gilbert Arenas or Sheed? Does he pull the "hey, I need some attention too" card like Amare? Does he scream or pose after a victory? Even when people take shots at him, like when Shaq implying his MVP was tainted, Nash took the high road. When have you ever heard Nash publically criticize a teammate, management, or opponent?

How, in the blue hell, can he be "arrogant", especially by NBA STANDARDS???? Seriously, can anyone make that claim but the most biased Nash ******?? Youc an say he don't deserve the MVP, fine. You can say he's not as good as Kobe, fine. But to say he's arrogant???
Old 04-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #28
EricForman
Good college starter

Quote:
I just rather you just be who you are instead of trying to trick me into thinking your something that your not..

Wait, and you like Kobe Bryant?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:59 AM   #29
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid80sjordan

Interviewer: How do you feel about Marion saying "Shawn Marion is the MVP, Shawn Marion deserves MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP, even if Shawn Marion doesn't play in the finals! Steve sucks"?

*Nash smug smirk*

Nash: Whatever, i'm sorry he feels that way *bigger smirk*, he can think that is he wants.

Its a "I don't care who says Dirk is MVP, i'm better than them all, they're opinions don't matter because i'm better" arrogance.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Its a "I don't care who says Dirk is MVP, i'm better than them all, they're opinions don't matter because i'm better" arrogance.

Dirk's his best friend...and even said that while as a competitor he wants to win another MVP, he'd love Dirk to win it.

And that Marion comment (some of his real ones) deserve a lot more than what Nash has given. Let's be honest here. If I'm a star player, I'm calling Marion out for that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: