Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #16
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default Re: Round 1: Raptors vs. Nets Official Thread For Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Long Response Here

I would agree that Bargnani isn't ready right now, which is why I actually wanted Morris Peterson in there, it was bad clarification on my part, the Bargnani lineup was like the only alternative I'd likely accept to the Peterson one.

Ford | Peterson | Parker | Bosh | Nesterovic

I wouldn't go with any lineup other then that. As stated above, the only reason I put the lineup with Bargnani there was because he would be the only other guy I would normally put out there. I would put Humphries out there, but that would mean him or Bosh have to play small forward, and I don't feel comfortable with that matchup.

I agree about TJ Ford as stated in my previous post, Calderon has earned time, but it was evident that Ford was the man today, and as the man, he got to sit on the bench during crunch time, it's mind boggling.

I still don't understand what has happened with Morris Peterson, I thought for sure they would give him heavy minutes despite his poor play this season, he still deserves to get minutes with our weak depth at the off guard and small forward position. I just don't understand what Mitchell thinks sometimes, or if he's thinking at all.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ford | Peterson | Parker | Bosh | Nesterovic
That lineup makes far too much sense for the Raptors to ever use it.

You have your 3 best players. You have your only good interior defender and overall smart player. You have Mo Pete who not only plays signficantly better D than Graham, but he's smarter and likely a much better option vs the zone (something that the Raptors will see a lot).

Yep, never gonna happen.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
That lineup makes far too much sense for the Raptors to ever use it.

You have your 3 best players. You have your only good interior defender and overall smart player. You have Mo Pete who not only plays signficantly better D than Graham, but he's smarter and likely a much better option vs the zone (something that the Raptors will see a lot).

Yep, never gonna happen.

It sucks that we'll never see the Raptors optimal end game lineup, it's actually depressing because it leaves the 'What If?' aspect still out there, like "What if our coach realized he was a moron and corrected his basic mistakes?" - we'd be a much bigger threat then we currently are in my opinion.

No sense in wondering though, we work with what we have, right now we are down 1-0 and obviously still have a great shot at advancing in the playoffs.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #19
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I really don't understand why Joey plays so much, and I know that sentence is thrown around willy nilly. But that's now what I'm doing here.

Why does he play so many minutes when he sucks so much?

I am getting David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to help me out, cuz Mitchell's reasoning is out of this world.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There has to be some "behind the scenes" stuff we don't know about because there is no logical explanation based on talent/performance and matchups.

We all know Mo Pete is gone after this year but is that a reason to not play him even though the Raptors clearly need him? What the hell is going?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #21
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
I really don't understand why Joey plays so much, and I know that sentence is thrown around willy nilly. But that's now what I'm doing here.

I am getting David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to help me out, cuz Mitchell's reasoning is out of this world.

It's clearly a mystery that noone can understand, I don't understand what he did to deserve those minutes, I don't understand what he does to keep those minutes, the only logical thing I can think of is that he has incriminating evidence that Sam Mitchell abuses dwarfs, and Mitchell keeps Joey quiet by playing him absurd amounts of minutes - it's literally the only thing I can think of.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM   #22
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I thought he played a solid game. He sure didn't play poorly to me. He was hitting his jumpers and several times when he went to the rim he simply didn't get any calls (unlike Vince with his ridiculous "blocking foul" bailouts). He played decent D and was one of the few Raptors who actually rotated well.

I don't know how you can play decent D from the bench. Bosh cost his team this game. Had he been able to stay out of foul trouble, then Raptors probably win this game. Also if he stopped taking all those outside jumpers and went inside to get foul calls like he did at the end more consistently, then the Raptors wouldn't have to fight back. As for your Vince's blocking foul bailouts there were several fouls that could've been called on Bosh, but weren't. The game was officiated just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaosonegoodear
Carter had a sh!ttier game than Bosh.

Thank you Mr. Irrelevant. This might pertain to me if I had said Carter had a good game.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:38 PM   #23
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Sam Mitchell and Joey Graham cost their team this game.

Corrected

EDIT: That's not even fair to Joey Graham, I'll just place the blame on Mitchell for giving Graham minutes and expecting him to produce when he's not capable as a player. I'll leave up my original correction to avoid confusion.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #24
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I agree with everything except for Bargnani. He was the worst player on the floor today. He looks slow and out of shape and still never helps on D.
I haven't seen the Raps at all this year, and couldn't believe how inept this guy looked. This was a #1 pick?

Last edited by Shepseskaf : 04-21-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Corrected
Last time I checked, Sam Mitchell didn't pick up two early fouls and had to sit most of the first half while the Nets mounted a 10 pt half time lead and continued to build into the second.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The first 2 fouls on Bosh were both iffy calls IMO, the 2nd moreso than the 1st. I don't blame Bosh for them, it's not like he was jumping into a jump shooter (a patented Joey Graham defensive play) or some other stupid thing. I just wish Mitchell would have played Bosh in the 2nd quarter more when the Nets were killing the Raptors. When he was on the floor the Raptors played well (seriously, anyone know where to get plus-minus stats?) and he should've been on there at the end of the 2nd quarter rather than falling into such a big hole.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #27
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
I haven't seen the Raps this year at all this year, and couldn't believe how inept this guy looked. This was a #1 pick?

He's returning from his emergency appendectomy, he's out of game shape. He's had times where he has struggled with things all season, but clearly the fact that he is out of shape is really hurting him. He is a solid on man defender for a rookie, but struggles with help defense. His decision making on offense was pretty bad early on but got progressively better throughout the season. He has a huge amount of potential, and will quickly get better, he's produced well for a guy noone even expected an impact out of this season.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #28
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Kidds 15 ast if anyone wants to watch it
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.ph...nk&nbasite=nba
Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #29
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Last time I checked, Sam Mitchell didn't pick up two early fouls and had to sit most of the first half while the Nets mounted a 10 pt half time lead and continued to build into the second.

Last time I checked,

A good coach doesn't play your best interior defender 18 minutes in the biggest game of the season, especially after he grabbed 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 block in that time.

A good coach doesn't play your 9th man 35 minutes in the most important game of the season.

A good coach doesn't play your 9th man 35 minutes when he's shown he's completely clueless and incapable of producing positively for the team.

A good coach knows how to manage his two very good point guards, and would realize that the one is keeping his team close, and the other is struggling. Instead, our "coach" benches our hot point guard and plays the one who is struggling in crunch time.

A good coach would realize that Morris Peterson can be a crucial piece for a playoff run for this team, and would not ignore him by only playing him 6 minutes when he can do a reasonable job covering Richard Jefferson while Anthony Parker covers Vince Carter.

A good coach would also realize that Peterson is good friends with Carter, and would very likely be extremely motivated to cover and shut down his friend if he is chosen to guard him instead of Jefferson..

A good coach knows how to run end game plays that don't involve the words 'We just looked at TJ and said "Make something happen"'

A good coach knows how to manage minutes effectively in order to get the most out of his team. A good coach realizes that in order to go deep in the playoffs you have to ride your best players as far as they can take you. A good coach realizes that Joey Graham is not your best player.

A good coach knows how to run an effective play out of a timeout when the team is struggling. A good coach would have a play that they can go to when his team is in a drought, a play that they deem to be extremely effective.

Shall I continue? In no way is this loss on Bosh, it's on Mitchell 100%, brutal display.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #30
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
He's returning from his emergency appendectomy, he's out of game shape. He's had times where he has struggled with things all season, but clearly the fact that he is out of shape is really hurting him. He is a solid on man defender for a rookie, but struggles with help defense. His decision making on offense was pretty bad early on but got progressively better throughout the season. He has a huge amount of potential, and will quickly get better, he's produced well for a guy noone even expected an impact out of this season.
That's some good info. Thanks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread