Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #16
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Looking back at the 2004 NBA draft

Quote:
we blew it with Pavel at #21. Whoever's idea that was needs to be fired
he was lottery and top-5 projected for awhile. I remember everyone going wild about how the Mavs robbed Utah for that pick.

I remember thinking the same about our gigantic 7.5-foot bust, Peter John Ramos. both I can remember being lottery projected. wild.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #17
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
he was lottery and top-5 projected for awhile. I remember everyone going wild about how the Mavs robbed Utah for that pick.

I remember thinking the same about our gigantic 7.5-foot bust, Peter John Ramos. both I can remember being lottery projected. wild.
How was Ramos in the NBDL though? Pavel only put up 6 and 6, and he was being guarded by centers damn near a foot shorter like Roger Powell and Jawad Williams.

Then when he finally got NBA time, he got blocked by Maceij Lampe who is probably the only player in the NBA a worse athlete than him. I think there's a clause in every basketball contract that if Maciej Lampe blocks you, your contract is terminated and you have to give the NBA team a rebate for every gamecheck you have earned up to that point.

And this wasn't a sneak from behind, got me on the way up, I didn't see him coming type block. This was Pavel iso'd in the post making a move on Maciej like "what *****, I see you there. I'm backing you down, I'm making a spin move, you can't guard me" and literally got it smashed back into his face.

Son doesn't even look impressive in his highlight tape
http://datznasty.freepgs.com/shaun_pavel_martynas.wmv

Last edited by DatZNasty : 04-21-2007 at 09:53 PM.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
i love how the celtic fans have al over okafor, deng and iggy. and i could make a case for a few more

im not a celts fan. the guy avg 21 pts, 11 reb, 2blks in the last 2 months and he just turned 22.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #19
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Yea, and no homo but that dude's body was a Corey Maggette starter kit with Tayshaun Prince type arms. He was on the Spurs for a while but I never saw him get into a game. The Suns should have kept Deng too from that draft, and we blew it with Pavel at #21. Whoever's idea that was needs to be fired

I don't remember Romain Sato because i never even watched him play. But i was reading his strengths on nbadraft.net, and he seemed like a damn monster. what happened to him?

Quote:
Strengths: Freakish athleticism. Combines broad shoulders and amazing strength with jaw dropping leaping ability. Has a great 3 point stroke. Leadership skills, and winning attitude with excellent willingness to improve and be coached. Has a pretty amazing body-extremely well built but flexible. Super defensively and a strong rebounder. Sato rebounds like a power forward-he goes after everything.

He still needs to get better as a creator, but already possesses NBA 3 pt range, and looks great doing it. Has a great attitude as well. Romain is one of the rare guards who impact a game 3 dimensionally-meaning offense, defense, and rebounding. His 6’5 frame features a 7’ wingspan, huge and defined upper body muscles, and strong legs that enable him to jump 38+” vertically. As a 2 guard, he is a beast.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #20
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Romain Sato

College Stats
2003 - 2004 (freshman): 16.3ppg 8.0rpg 2.3apg 1.7topg .404fg% .349 3pt% .829ft%

Strengths: Freakish athleticism. Combines broad shoulders and amazing strength with jaw dropping leaping ability. Has a great 3 point stroke. Leadership skills, and winning attitude with excellent willingness to improve and be coached. Has a pretty amazing body-extremely well built but flexible. Super defensively and a strong rebounder. Sato rebounds like a power forward-he goes after everything.

He still needs to get better as a creator, but already possesses NBA 3 pt range, and looks great doing it. Has a great attitude as well. Romain is one of the rare guards who impact a game 3 dimensionally-meaning offense, defense, and rebounding. His 6’5 frame features a 7’ wingspan, huge and defined upper body muscles, and strong legs that enable him to jump 38+” vertically. As a 2 guard, he is a beast.

I think he tried out for the Suns about a year ago.

(strengths and weaknesses from above poster and he got it from nbadraft.net)

Last edited by poorlilrich : 04-22-2007 at 06:14 AM.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #21
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation

JR Smith shouldnt be in anyones top 10 unless you are basing your choices on performance AND potential.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: