Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #16
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

because theres still a lot of (pistons) fans without class.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #17
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
because theres still a lot of (pistons) fans without class.

What do you mean by 'still'? Isn't it getting worse with fans during the history of the game all the time? From my understanding it is.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #18
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
What do you mean by 'still'? Isn't it getting worse with fans during the history of the game all the time? From my understanding it is

I dont know about that....beer is getting pretty expensive at games nowadays
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #19
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
What do you mean by 'still'? Isn't it getting worse with fans during the history of the game all the time? From my understanding it is.

After the Detroit brawl you might think some of those nutcases would wisen up or stay home. There's heckling and there's just showing lack of respect.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #20
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

those boos are for joe d. for giving him away.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #21
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Boo Joe Dumars.

Multiple sure-fire good players available at a pick that was (normally) way too high for a team that good, and he takes a huge gamble.

It's not like anyone ever gave him a chance (or any amount of their confidence) or anything. You can't develop players like that. "Just be quiet and try to avoid pissing me off until you're good at basketball." It doesn't work that way.

Boo Joe Dumars. Boo Larry Brown.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #22
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

i dunno, maybe cause he sucked for the years that he was there
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know this has been brought up so many times, but if Dumars isn't a complete idiot, he's got a dynasty.

Billups
Wade
Prince
Sheed
Ben (he stays because Pistons are winning)

Billups
Rip
Carmelo
Sheed
Ben or solid/really good center trading away Ben/Prince

Billups
Rip
Prince
Bosh
Sheed

That last team would be so fun to watch. Sure there's not a whole lot of rebounding, but prince is solid enough, and they might even still have Ben coming off the bench, although it's doubtful. Maybe Sheed would come off the bench.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #24
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
Good question.

He didn't go Vince Carter and say he never played up to his potential, but his potential wasn't enough. The Pistons passed up on Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. I think you'd boo him too if you were a Pistons fan.

If I were a Pistons fan, I wouldn't boo Darko, I would boo Pistons management for selecting Darko over Wade, Melo, or Bosh.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 AM   #25
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

do clipper fans boo candiman?

do wizard fans boo kwame?

no, they seemed to have moved on nicely, but they probably did boo those guys before when they were STILL playing for those respective teams.

for darko's case, strangely, it's the opposite. he gets booed AFTER he's already gone. it's funny that detroit fans always cheered for him when he was sucking on their team, but now they're booing him when he isn't even their problem anymore.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #26
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I understand that they could've had guys such as Bosh/Melo, Wade, but the pieces that the Pistons have all fit so perfectly together that I'm not sure any of the aforementioned players would've been able to fit in. There is no go-to scorer in Detroit, and that seems to work just fine. Not sure how drafting any of those guys would've affected team chemistry and the overall make-up, but I say Rip Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince are just fine
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see a problem with it.

I say, why not? He seems like a pretty dumb player on the court so the booing might entice him to start trying to do more than he's able to or just rattle him. That's the point of booing opposing players. And for Pistons fans he's an easy target.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #28
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

You guys are the biggest sissies I've ever seen. Detroit fans are classless for booing Darko? Ugh. It's part of the game. Darko was useless for 2.5 years there. He showed no effort and pouted and was a wasted pick. Then he took ****s at them when he left. Grow up and stop being so offended by everything.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 AM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its the coaches fault. So we have to wait another whole year for Darko to progress because he's young, talented, played behind players and hasnt been coached by the right coach to develop/utlize his skillz. So hopefully Orlando hires someone to cater to Darko or I'll be re-typing this all over again the following season (after next).

- Signed darko defender

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #30
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Joe Dumars has made some very good moves over the years but he's still the most overrated GM in the league and that championship literally fell into the guy's lap.

I've been saying it for years...

1) He wanted to keep Hill (and it would have been the right move [pre hindsight], too). If he'd been able to do so, the Magic would have held onto Ben Wallace and Dumars probably gets fired somewhere along the way due to Hill's injured contract eating up all the capspace for years. It happened to Gabriel. The Magic have had 3 (or 4 depending on how you look at it) GMs since Hill signed, and 4 head coaches. Gabriel, Weisbrod, Smith/Twardzik (now exclusively Smith) are the GMs. Rivers, Davis, Jent, and Hill are the coaches.

Yes, it's not what happened. He didn't re-sign Hill. But that's not the point. The point is he wanted to. This isn't something we can't prove due to it being a hypothetical. He wanted to sign Hill. It's a verifiable fact. Had he done so, that roster would look so different right now it'd make your head spin. They would never have won a title.

2) Rasheed Wallace fell into his lap. Yes, it's true. He took no huge gamble that would have cost him dearly had it not worked out. People like to make it seem like that because Rasheed had a "troubled" history with the Blazers.

Here are the facts.

Detroit was a very good team that had no realistic shot at the title pre trade.

Rasheed Wallace had an expiring contract at the end of the year. Had the trade not worked out, he(Dumars) could have simply cut his losses with no real consequence.

There would be no real consequence because he only gave up... Chucky Atkins, Bobby Sura, Lindsey Hunter (who the Celtics cut so that Hunter could re-sign with the Pistons almost immediately... and he did), and Zeljko Rebraca. Wow, what a big risk he took! He gave up Atkins, Sura & Rebraca for an expiring no risk Rasheed Wallace... and Mike James. I can't believe how big a risk he took. He should receieve a medal.

The only reason he made the trade is because he and everyone else knew the Pistons weren't going to get it done that season but if they did acquire him and it worked out they had a good shot. No other team was in the same position throughout the entire league. On the brink of being a contender, and needing a guy at Rasheed's position that had the same skillset. The other title contenders didn't need him and for them(because they were already in contention) it actually was a risk probably not worth taking. But when you're not contending (Detroit) and his(Rasheed's) contract is expiring... you do that trade in your sleep and even further make every effort to get it done.

Give him credit... it was a good move. But it was also a no brainer given the circumstances and anyone who says otherwise wasn't paying attention.

Those two points right there are the two biggest reasons the Pistons won the title... as those guys were the two biggest reasons why. Yes, they couldn't have gotten it done without Billups, Hamilton, or Prince... but the Wallaces are the reasons they won the title. Make no mistake about it.

He drafted Prince when everyone else passed... an actual great move.

Traded Stackhouse for Hamilton... great move.

Signed Billups when everyone else had given up... unbelievably great move.

Doesn't change the fact that he was incredibly lucky and the only reason he's even still in Detroit is because Grant Hill chose to sign in Orlando.

As far as drafting Darko goes... it was a good pick. However, the Detroit coaching staff totally misused him and flat out did not give him enough of a chance. Yes, he's a head case... but a lot of that has to do with how he was treated in his first few years in Detroit. The talent is there, and if you've watched him you'd know it. He's more talented than Melo & Bosh. Doesn't mean he's as good a player or anywhere close, because he's not. But the talent is there. And considering his shot, post moves, passing ability, quickness, size & wingspan, if you'd seen what Dumars saw prior to the draft out of all of those guys, you'd have picked Darko too.

Oh and by the way... Webber fell into his lap. Pistons wouldn't be a true contender this year had that not happened. But I guess it's because Dumars is just so great... right?

Last edited by Vendetta : 04-22-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: