Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 8,000
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Its the coaches fault. So we have to wait another whole year for Darko to progress because he's young, talented, played behind players and hasnt been coached by the right coach to develop/utlize his skillz. So hopefully Orlando hires someone to cater to Darko or I'll be re-typing this all over again the following season (after next).

- Signed darko defender


XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #32
elementally morale
College superstar
 
elementally morale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,660
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Good post, Shogon.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #33
Vendetta
Banned
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,333
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

You guys laugh and make jokes but the first real chance he's had to contribute to a team was when he came to the Magic.

And who does he get stuck with? Brian Hill. The guy is a moron, and totally misuses Darko. What do the Magic do? They have Darko bulk up and take away one of his biggest strengths (his quickness) over guys that play the same position. They have him playing with his back to the basket almost exclusively. And what do they have Dwight Howard doing? Setting picks at the top of the perimeter with a very un-Nash like PG.

Not only that, but he rarely gets plays called for him. Hell, Dwight Howard doesn't even get the ball enough and you think Darko is being given a chance?

Pull your heads out of your asses and stop trying to belittle a guy that is literally one hundred times better than you could ever be.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,731
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Detroit has Orlando's first round pick which could be a nice backup piece to replace Billups or Rip. Thanks Darko. Thanks Orlando. And the odds of that draft pick producing better than Darko has are good.


Quote:
As far as drafting Darko goes... it was a good pick. However, the Detroit coaching staff totally misused him and flat out did not give him enough of a chance. Yes, he's a head case... but a lot of that has to do with how he was treated in his first few years in Detroit. The talent is there, and if you've watched him you'd know it. He's more talented than Melo & Bosh. Doesn't mean he's as good a player or anywhere close, because he's not. But the talent is there. And considering his size & wingspan, if you'd seen what Dumars saw prior to the draft out of all of those guys, you'd have picked Darko too.

No you wouldnt have. Dumars listened to the hype and saw Darko kill a 6'1 trainer in a game of 1 on 1. He was sold and also used the logic "A young big man to replace one of the big men we have isnt a bad thing". You have no clue about saying he is more talented than Melo and Bosh. How? You sit there kid and you break down HOW Darko has more talent. You're putting FAITH into 1 player and banking on you being right. Maybe because he looks like you? Maybe because all those Darko the stiff articles convinced you? Maybe because he plays for Orlando? When Darko can stop hacking people when he is in the game accumilating fouls like the white Kurt Thomas then PM me. But as for now I'll sit here and see what reply you have about Darko's "talent". Just because a player is drafted high doesnt mean he keeps that "talent" 4 a lifetime. If that held true then we could say the same for Kwame Brown, Olawakandi and back them with excuses. Poor Kwame morale was stripped like a car in the hood. He's now being rebuilt from scratch. Put Darko on Overhaulin.


-"I'll have Darko as the Euro mix of KG and Duncan in no time"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,731
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Pull your heads out of your asses and stop trying to belittle a guy that is literally one hundred times better than you could ever be.

Outside of your blame the 3rd Head Coach for Darko woes. This statement was flat out dumb. Kwame Brown is 100 times better than anyone on this board could ever be. Whats your point? That a professional basketball player is better than bball fans where the highest level of comp for a few is college bball? And they are the very small % of who makes up this board? Wow you really enlightened us and put us back in a proper perspective.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #36
Vendetta
Banned
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,333
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And the odds of that draft pick producing better than Darko has are good.

No, they're not. Do you realize how many mid first round picks are out of the league that have been drafted over the years? Uh... yeah... and Darko is going to be around for at least another 10+ barring injury.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,731
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
No, they're not. Do you realize how many mid first round picks are out of the league that have been drafted over the years? Uh... yeah... and Darko is going to be around for at least another 10+ barring injury.

Nachbar went mid round. Al Jefferson went mid round. Just because you're using the flop Orlando drafted mid round a couple drafts ago as the truth means little. Absolutely little and more Darko defending. And yeah Darko will be around for another 10+yrs barring injury with a load of your excuses on why he never panned out to be the player you thought he could.

Accountability. One day you will have to use that in regards to Darko. You defend him like a mom does her only son. Cute. Kayute even.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #38
Vendetta
Banned
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,333
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nachbar went mid round. Al Jefferson went mid round.

I didn't say good picks never come out of the mid first round, ding dong. What happened is you said that the mid first round pick the Magic are giving up has a good chance of producing better than Darko, and that's simply not true. And how the **** is Nachbar better than Darko? Haha.

In fact, that's such a load of crap that it's hardly worth arguing over. Have fun with it.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #39
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,969
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

All you all seem to be forgetting that he is the one that forced the trade. Maid it clear that he wouldn't re-sign with us. SO he forced Joe's hand and we got Kelvin Cato for him and arroyo. That last part is what kills me. In D-town, he had a terrible sulky attitude which didn't help and acted like he was entitled to a starting role on the team.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,731
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
I didn't say good picks never come out of the mid first round, ding dong. What happened is you said that the mid first round pick the Magic are giving up has a good chance of producing better than Darko, and that's simply not true. And how the **** is Nachbar better than Darko? Haha.

In fact, that's such a load of crap that it's hardly worth arguing over. Have fun with it.

who said Nachbar was dumbass? I see you selectively skipped over Jefferson.

Darko is producing 8pts 5.5rbs 1.8blks shooting 45%FG in 24mins.

Its gonna be hard for anyone to top that being drafted in the mid first round (at 15 for Detroit).
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,731
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

I'm still waiting to see how Darko has more talent than Melo and Bosh.

tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
tick tock
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #42
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,969
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
If I were a Pistons fan, I wouldn't boo Darko, I would boo Pistons management for selecting Darko over Wade, Melo, or Bosh.
as pointed out above, when do you boo management that would let them know that you are referring to Darkogate? When Darko is on the floor which is what they are doing
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #43
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,969
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta

Oh and by the way... Webber fell into his lap. Pistons wouldn't be a true contender this year had that not happened. But I guess it's because Dumars is just so great... right?
picking up Ben as a throw in, recognizing chancy and bringing him in, drafting (which he has done quite well at outside of darko), trading stackhouse for Rip(which everyone killed him for at the time), signing Dice after Okur walked, etc. For every poor or lucky move he made, he has made soem great ones. You don;t assemble a team that goes to the ECF 5 times in a row with luck moron See you on Monday

Last edited by boozehound : 04-22-2007 at 12:37 PM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #44
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,969
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Darko is producing 8pts 5.5rbs 1.8blks shooting 45%FG in 24mins.

Its gonna be hard for anyone to top that being drafted in the mid first round (at 15 for Detroit).
Hell the 4th to last pick in the draft (amir Johnson) might end up being better than him. He has definitely played better in his first 8 or so NBA games. :
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #45
Fudge
dont hate on da brodie
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Im Still Ballin
Posts: 13,513
Default Re: Why does Darko get booed in Detroit?

He didnt' live up to the expectations from the fans. He'll always be known to be a bust in Detroit. But i guess, that blame could be towards Dumars.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy