Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #16
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Knicks after Jermaine O Neal?

The same guys who believe Eddy Curry and JO can co exist are the same guys that believed Francis and Marbury would be a great fit.

Cmon lets think about it. We have enough Offense with Curry and Marbury. We need players to make them max there potential. JO, Frye and Jamal Crawford arent those guys.

Lee, Mardy, and AK47,Kenyon Martin,Tyson Chandler helps those players.
Role playing defensive players that can score somewhat.

I feel AK47 fits better then JO anyday of the week.

Him and Lee would work perfect together if Lee becomes efficient 20 feet out.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #17
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
The same guys who believe Eddy Curry and JO can co exist are the same guys that believed Francis and Marbury would be a great fit.

Cmon lets think about it. We have enough Offense with Curry and Marbury. We need players to make them max there potential. JO, Frye and Jamal Crawford arent those guys.

Lee, Mardy, and AK47,Kenyon Martin,Tyson Chandler helps those players.
Role playing defensive players that can score somewhat.

I feel AK47 fits better then JO anyday of the week.

Him and Lee would work perfect together if Lee becomes efficient 20 feet out.

I like AK, but he just wouldn't fit this team. His man to man defense is pretty good, but he really can't guard post layers and he has trouble against swingman. He's basically a player that gets garbage points, makes a few assists, and has good help defense, which leads to his blocks. He's basically a Shawn Marion type of player.

But with O'Neal, he can guard the opposing big man much better then AK and he isn't offensively handicapped like AK. And Kirlenko's presence would not be felt with players like Lee, Jeffries, and Balkman, who score similarily to him. The only thing he would bring us is help side shotblocker.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #18
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Kirilenko would be bad fit on this team. It's basically adding a more talented Jeffries onto the team. We've already seen how much that type of player can do on the team.

Who we need is Emeka Okafor. I'm not sure how we could get him, and I certainly don't want to trade a 1st round draft pick, but he could be the answer to our problems at the power forward. He plays with intensity, is a top shot-blocker in the league, can score as well, and most of all, plays great weak side and strong side defense.

So how about

Channing Frye
Nate Robinson
Randolph Morris
and a 2nd round pick for

Emeka Okafor
and Othella Harrington???

are we giving up too much? too little? Contracts still match up if we don't give Morris away.

Then we can trade for O'Neal

Curry
Crawford
Harrington for

O'Neal
2nd Round pick???

That's the best I can do. I just really want a line-up of (assuming we don't trade Morris)

Okafor/Morris/James
O'Neal/Draft/Rose
Lee/Balkman/Jeffries
Q-Rich/Collins
Marbury/Nate/Draft
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #19
knicks15
Local High School Star

i dont see why the cats would wanna trade okafor so i dont see that happening, and i dont think oneal is really worth tradin for as hes been in the league 10 seasons so he isnt a spring chicken. curry is probably a better offensive player whos developing his game and is 24
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #20
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
Kirilenko would be bad fit on this team. It's basically adding a more talented Jeffries onto the team. We've already seen how much that type of player can do on the team.

Who we need is Emeka Okafor. I'm not sure how we could get him, and I certainly don't want to trade a 1st round draft pick, but he could be the answer to our problems at the power forward. He plays with intensity, is a top shot-blocker in the league, can score as well, and most of all, plays great weak side and strong side defense.

So how about

Channing Frye
Nate Robinson
Randolph Morris
and a 2nd round pick for

Emeka Okafor
and Othella Harrington???

are we giving up too much? too little? Contracts still match up if we don't give Morris away.

Then we can trade for O'Neal

Curry
Crawford
Harrington for

O'Neal
2nd Round pick???

That's the best I can do. I just really want a line-up of (assuming we don't trade Morris)

Okafor/Morris/James
O'Neal/Draft/Rose
Lee/Balkman/Jeffries
Q-Rich/Collins
Marbury/Nate/Draft

So your saying we would get a skilled jeffreis in AK. Wouldnt Jeffries need skills for that comment to be true haha. The kid sucked and was a horrible investment.

Jeffries and no one else on this team is a proven All Star for practically nothing. Mardy fits better then Crawford so hes tradable. Nate doesnt fit at all and we can draft a real 2 guard with size and basketball IQ. And AK47 and Lee would be a great combo since Frye just can't play in NY

Frye to me could be really good but some ppl have the mentality for NY....And he doesnt.

AND ALL THOSE TRADES YOU PRESENTED WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.
Maybe JO but that would be RETARDED cuz he 30 with knees like Ewing today haha. We dont want another Mycdyss cuz we could have Camby and Amare as our frontline, Instead we have cookie dough artists.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: