Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Is that a ****ing joke? I dont mind him saying Nash is better for Phx than Kobe would be (although i disagree with that) but what is this? Explain to me how Kobe wouldnt be better. he'd win a ton more games and in a system that revolves around offense, his scoring numbers wont take a hit and his assists will be higher than they are now. Even if his numbers drop to 25-27 pts/gm....55+ is guaranteed and Suns are in the running for a championship in the next 7 yrs and heavy favorites..how would he not be considered better?

Someone explain to me how this dude makes sense?

Last edited by hotsizzle : 04-22-2007 at 03:02 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Same reason Joe Johnson wasn't as good in PHO as he is in ATL?

I don't know.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

I think that's true. Kobe would be required to be the PG in Nash's place and share the ball all the time. He can do that but he's a scorer, more than anything.

Suns would still win a lot of games but I think Kobe wouldn't be as good as he is now and neither would the Suns.

But then again, not even Nash would be successful in Kobe's role...unless Phil gave him a permission to play his game.
Then Nash could be decent but still, the Lakers would be pretty much where they are now.

However, I think most players on both teams fit Nash's skillset MUCH beter than Kobe's.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

kobe wouldn't score as much and he won't try to score as much because he has better teammates, therefore, his numbers won't be as good. he would probably have T-mac type stats.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

So in a system that excels in Kobe's expertise, in a system where Kobe has outside shooters and an inside force like Amare to take pressure off of him...he wouldnt be as good.

Like I said, even if his scoring drops to 25-28 a game, his assist numbers and number of team wins will be higher. He'd be regarded as a better player than he is and he'd be getting the respect Dirk, Nash are getting for winning 55+ games plus keeping up with his scoring dominance
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
Soccer10
Banned

Yall are not seeing the real picture.

It's all about style. All of Suns players are better off playing with Nash because his style is perfect for most of them.
OTOH, Lakers have those kind of players too, that would be better off playing with Nash.

Which players of 2 teams really fit Kobe better? Walton, Turiaf, Kwame, Bynum...who else?
Kurt Thomas of Phoenix, Raja would still be fine and a couple of more players would be fine with Kobe...

But for most of them, Nash is better.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
Lakers
Decent playground baller

Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Kobe's been on teams that make the Sun's current team look they belong in the D-League, and he still shined.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
Soccer10
Banned

But Sizzle, Kobe is not the PG.
That team would need to like trade Raja for someone like Ridnour and then they'd be fine.
It's not so much about the quality of teammates as it is about their style of play.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Yall are not seeing the real picture.

It's all about style. All of Suns players are better off playing with Nash because his style is perfect for most of them.
OTOH, Lakers have those kind of players too, that would be better off playing with Nash.

Which players of 2 teams really fit Kobe better? Walton, Turiaf, Kwame, Bynum...who else?
Kurt Thomas of Phoenix, Raja would still be fine and a couple of more players would be fine with Kobe...

But for most of them, Nash is better.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

if Kobe were placed in Nash's place people would be making GOAT arguments for him and many people would be agreeing. they would be fools. but Phoenix' system, coach, and supporting players would make Kobe look like a God. he'd have people fooled just like Nash does.

Kobe is right there with Tmac as best passing non-PG in the league and I'd say he's a top 5 passer in the L overall.

the Suns would be a *different* team but they'd be ever more deadly with a go-to talent like Kobe deferring for 3 quarters playing the distributing role. plus when he did decide to take over, he'd have all those Suns roleplayers opening up the floor for him.

and tell me what Nash is going to do with heartless, lazy roleplayers who aren't athletic and can't shoot.

Barrys probably one of those fools who thinks Nash > Kobe. I'm not even sure Nash is a top 10 player in this league. actually scratch that. he's top 10. but on the lower end of it.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
Don Cheto
I hit open 5-footers

Don Cheto has an OK reputation so far

I agree with Jon Barry 100 percent. Phoenix would be at the bottom of the standings if this were the case. And LA would be in the top with Steve Nash.
Don Cheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
if Kobe were placed in Nash's place people would be making GOAT arguments for him and many people would be agreeing. they would be fools. but Phoenix' system, coach, and supporting players would make Kobe look like a God. he'd have people fooled just like Nash does.

Kobe is right there with Tmac as best passing non-PG in the league and I'd say he's a top 5 passer in the L overall.

the Suns would be a *different* team but they'd be ever more deadly with a go-to talent like Kobe deferring for 3 quarters playing the distributing role. plus when he did decide to take over, he'd have all those Suns roleplayers opening up the floor for him.

and tell me what Nash is going to do with heartless, lazy roleplayers who aren't athletic and can't shoot.

Barrys probably one of those fools who thinks Nash > Kobe. I'm not even sure Nash is a top 10 player in this league. actually scratch that. he's top 10. but on the lower end of it.

Your posts lately have been a complete disaster. What happened to quality posts?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Nash would not make the playoffs if was in Kobe's shoes. No way. Also, he would not put up the numbers, esp assists, given the triangle.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #14
*Omni.Slasher*
Kids at the park dunk on me

*Omni.Slasher* has decent reputation*Omni.Slasher* has decent reputation

Well for one the Suns would be a better defensive team along with Kobe cause he wouldn't have to exert so much energy on scoring so he can focus more on defense. Now does anyone think Nash on the Lakers will be a better team?
*Omni.Slasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #15
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Bryant averaged 6 assists a game a few years back with a less than stellar cast when he didn't have to play the triangle... I think he'd actually be better in Phoenix's system... His scoring would go down, but his efficiency would go up due to the pace they play at and the help he'd get. Assists as well... and his team would likely be winning.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: