Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #16
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

All I gotta say is Barbosa (while not really a pg) is a better pg than Smush, and Marion and Odom cancel each other out, but with Amare in the paint they'd be winning.

I do think Nash is better for the team, because that style needs a pg. But Kobe would have that team winning at a nice enough clip and his numbers would be better
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Well what he said is definitely true. Phoenix's players besides Nash are better than the Laker's players besides Kobe. Therefore, Kobe would get fewer shots with the Suns than he does with L.A. He wouldn't be as good. What he said makes sense.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #18
Soccer10
Banned

I think this game sorta proved Barry's points.

Kobe couldn't defer as much as Nash does, he has that extreme take over mentality which is great but it's not what the Suns need from their PG.
They get everyone involved and feed the hot hand.

And besides, Nash is a true pass first player that can score. Kobe is a true shoot first player that can pass. Nash's mentality fits the Suns much better.

Kobe is obviously a better player but Nash is much better for the Suns IMO.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #19
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10

Kobe couldn't defer as much as Nash does, he has that extreme take over mentality which is great but it's not what the Suns need from their PG.

And besides, Nash is a true pass first player that can score. Kobe is a true shoot first player that can pass. Nash's mentality fits the Suns much better.

when did you become semi reasonable?
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALlArOuNDPIaya
when did you become semi reasonable?

I always was.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #21
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10

If Kobe played for the Suns. Why would he have to be pg. Why would they have to run. Why couldnt they play a traditional game.

When you coach a team you play to there strenths. Kobe is a 1st team all defensive player, Bell is good, MArion is good, Banks is good, Thomas is good.

Why not play a slower style. It would just be like upgrading Kobe's teammates.

Banks/BArbosa
Kobe/ Bell
MArion/Rose
Amare/Diaw
Thomas

thats a championshhip team...thats maybe the best defense in the league right there by just changing philosohpy and and switching one player.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I do not think Kobe would be able to mesh with the Suns team like Nash does, especially Amare. There would be clashes over the number of touches they get and other things because Kobe wouldnt keep the offense fluidly moving like Nash does. Kobe can be a top distributor in the league but his scoring mentality would get in the way.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Kobe on the Suns instead of Nash=Dynasty.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #24
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I do not think Kobe would be able to mesh with the Suns team like Nash does, especially Amare. There would be clashes over the number of touches they get and other things because Kobe wouldnt keep the offense fluidly moving like Nash does. Kobe can be a top distributor in the league but his scoring mentality would get in the way.

Amare said Kobe is the best. And Kobe and Shaq won three rins with there being problems.

Also how would Kobe be worst as a player if he were in Phx. HE didnt say Phx would be worst he said Kobe would. Are Smush and Kwame hiding some huge flaw in Kobe's game that would be exposed by playing with all stars
Old 04-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
If Kobe played for the Suns. Why would he have to be pg. Why would they have to run. Why couldnt they play a traditional game.

When you coach a team you play to there strenths. Kobe is a 1st team all defensive player, Bell is good, MArion is good, Banks is good, Thomas is good.

Banks/BArbosa
Kobe/ Bell
MArion/Rose
Amare/Diaw
Thomas

thats a championshhip team...thats maybe the best defense in the league right there by just changing philosohpy and and switching one player.

I dont think D'Antoni would slow it down because of the success he has achieved with the style he is currently using. Kobe is no longer a first team defensive player, i know people will say if he "wants to" he can be but if he doesnt "want to" now why will he "want to" on the Suns.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #26
Soccer10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease

Banks/BArbosa
Kobe/ Bell
MArion/Rose
Amare/Diaw
Thomas

That's a good point but for this Suns team, Nash is better.

But yeah, if they changed their system, that's a hell of a lot of talent.
I'd personally try to trade someone for a pure PG. Maybe Calderon?
That team would need a PG.

I definitely feel you there, with the change of style, they'd be great but they would need a few trades.

However, for the Suns now...it's a no brainer. Nash all the way.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #27
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Why the hell are you guys talking about Kobe in PHX jersey? Random, dumb, offtopic,unnecessary.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #28
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Bryant averaged 6 assists a game a few years back with a less than stellar cast when he didn't have to play the triangle...

He also averaged 4.1 TO's, which is .3 more than Nash averaged while dishing 11.6 apg and having the ball in his hands all the time. How many TO's would Kobe average on the Suns while he's busy dishing all those assists? The number would be astronomical... :)

Nash's A:TO ratio is more than double what Kobe's was that year.

Last edited by Loki : 04-22-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #29
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I dont think D'Antoni would slow it down because of the success he has achieved with the style he is currently using. Kobe is no longer a first team defensive player, i know people will say if he "wants to" he can be but if he doesnt "want to" now why will he "want to" on the Suns.
than fire him...having Kobe on your squad is more important than D'Antoni

Kobe will be first team all defensive team next year, he played this year and had no time to rehab. He never fully strengthened his knee because he never had time
Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #30
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Kobe in Suns: 27ppg, 5.7rpg, 9.1apg, 2.2spg, 1.1bpg, 52%FG, 90%FT,37%3pt

Nash in LA: 21ppg, 3.1rpg, 7.2apg, 47%Fg, 90%FT, 39%3pt
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: