Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #31
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
Kobe in Suns: 27ppg, 5.7rpg, 9.1apg, 2.2spg, 1.1bpg, 52%FG, 90%FT,37%3pt

Nash in LA: 21ppg, 3.1rpg, 7.2apg, 47%Fg, 90%FT, 39%3pt
what a crock of sh*t, Kobe doesn't fit on the Suns, period.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #32
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jon Barry: "Put Kobe in Nash's place and he wouldn't be as good as he is in LA"

Quote:

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Somehow just playing in Phoenix will improve Kobe's FT shooting, too! Must be that Arizona air lol.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #33
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Somehow just playing in Phoenix will improve Kobe's FT shooting, too! Must be that Arizona air lol.

i thought that was funny too
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #34
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

LMAO, why would Kobe's FT percentage improve that dramatically?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #35
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Nash in LA: 21ppg, 3.1rpg, 7.2apg, 47%Fg, 90%FT, 39%3pt

You cant be serious
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #36
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
You cant be serious

Kobe average 9.9 FT ATT and .868 FT% i think. By not going to the FT line that often he'll have a bigger FT% (I hope)

Billups averaged 6.2 FT ATT and .883 FT% and I would assume Kobe is a better FT shootre than Billups. Billups has a higher FT% coz he doesn't go to the line that much
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #37
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Kobe average 9.9 FT ATT and .868 FT% i think. By not going to the FT line that often he'll have a bigger FT% (I hope)

Billups averaged 6.2 FT ATT and .883 FT% and I would assume Kobe is a better FT shootre than Billups. Billups has a higher FT% coz he doesn't go to the line that much

WTH? FT% isn't operating under the same dynamic that FG% is (i.e., fewer shots usually equals a better %, everything else being equal).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #38
ALlArOuNDPIaya
Rational on Kobe

ALlArOuNDPIaya has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

What kind of illogical sh*t is that? He'll shoot less so he'll make more? Christ sake the IQ of that statline in general has to be in the negatives.
ALlArOuNDPIaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #39
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Get a new username and start over
Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #40
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Kobe would be able to fill Nashie's shoes....not even close...if you took Kobe right now like literally this minute and put him on the Suns in place of Nash, as PG, the Suns would suffer greatly.

#1. Kobe is not a point guard..he couldn't dish half the assists Nash does in the Phoenix system not because he's worse of a player or anything but because his primary nature is clearly to shoot first. Nash is a Pass-first type of guy.

#2. Kobe cannot create as many easy shot opportunities for the rest of the Suns players as Nash can.

#3. The Suns system is based on Nash's penetration in the lane..i think this is where Kobe would do best because he is a threat. Defenders would be all over him but would he kick the ball out to the corners for a three like Nash does?

i dunno...

If we had a rematch of todays game with Kobe and Nash switched (i would hate seeing Nashie in a Laker uniform..yellow is so not his color) I think the Lakers would fare so much better with Nash in there than with Kobe in the Suns system
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #41
hotsizzle
Superstar

^You're missing the point. Barry said that Kobe would be a worst player than he is right now if he was on the Suns instead of Nash. Hes saying:

Kobe on Lakers > Kobe on Suns

Kobe would avg more assists than he is now, his points may drop a little to 25-27 but he'd be winning 55+ and contending every year.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 04-22-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:22 PM   #42
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i didn't see him say that, but if he meant kobe wouldn't get the same numbers, he's right. the suns spread the wealth a lot more. he would win more games though.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
^You're missing the point. Barry said that Kobe would be a worst player than he is right now if he was on the Suns instead of Nash. Hes saying:

Kobe on Lakers > Kobe on Suns

Kobe would avg more assists than he is now, his points may drop a little to 25-27 but he'd be winning 55+ and contending every year.

well kobe as a player, in my opinion, would stay the same. He'd be the same guy in the Suns uniform as he is in the Lakers uniform. He'd understand (i think) that he'd have different responsibilities and talents to bring to Phoenix but instead of him adjusting to their game, it'd be them adjusting to his.
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #44
Cavsfan
Banned

Cavsfan has an OK reputation so far

Kobe Greater Than NASH

Amare, Marion and Leandro greater than Walton, Parker and Odom.

Kobe playing with the Suns Championship Team

Nash playing with the LA LAKERS lottery team
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #45
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

change this around...
put Barbosa on the Lakers and Smush/Farmar on the Suns. what happens?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: