Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Crazy scene from Quentin Tarantino's 'Death Proof'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=...&v=V_xNYsDYkb0
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Crazy scene from Quentin Tarantino's 'Death Proof'

Death Proof is my favorite movie of the year.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Grindhouse was so much fun and I can't imagine how much better it would have been if it was packed..
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Grindhouse was the funnest movie I've ever seen in theatres.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah it was a lot of fun. Too bad it didn't do well at the box office because instead of sequels to Grindhouse we'll get stuck with crap like 'Blades of Glory'.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I'm glad there won't be a sequel to Grindhouse and I doubt Rodriguez and Tarantino would even contemplate making another. They set out to do something unique, they did it, end of story.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I don't think Tarantino and Rodriguez would have made another Grindhouse. But I think there would have been a sequel with different directors. Sort of like the From Dusk Till Dawn trilogy. Rodriguez & Tarantino directed/wrote the first one and then other writers/directors took over for the other two.

Also, I really dislike how Tarantino puts his name on just about every crappy horror film that comes out nowadays. So many people think that Tarantino directed Hostel 1 and 2 (which is coming out) and I have to tell them that Tarantino has nothing to do with it besides just putting his name on there.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Rumor has it they're going to release both movies on DVD separately, since they didn't make any money at the box office office. What a rip for us consumers! Not that I was planning to buy it anyway, cause I pirate everything. But hey :)
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #9
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

They were always planning on releasing them seperately on DVD. But now they might re-release Death Proof in theatres again just as a Quentin Tarantino movie and release Planet Terror on DVD.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:05 AM   #10
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

White meat.

Dark meat.

All will be carved.

Thanksgiving.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Death Proof was so underrated by everybody I talk to (ie. not online). It's a shame, because it's a great movie, and doesn't bask too much in action and blood, and has some solid dialogue.

I have mixed feeling about releasing them seperately on DVD. On one hand, it's sweet that you can just watch one or the other. Both movies are good in their own right, and could have been released seperately in theaters. But, on the other hand, it's billed as a double feature, and that's how I prefer to watch it, all 3+ hours. It's supposed to be an experience, I'd rather re-live the experience as much I could, than watch one or the other. If I wanted to skip to Death Proof, I could do so, but at least they're all on one disc.

Man, I'm pissed that the movie lasted only 2 WEEKS at my theater. Had to "tear down" all 12 reels of the movie, so it could be sent out to another theater. Oh well, at least I got to take a few frames from the actual print before it left. Took a couple of frames from the "missing reels" parts (get it?), and took a couple from deathproof.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Do you work at a movie theatre?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Death Proof was so underrated by everybody I talk to (ie. not online). It's a shame, because it's a great movie, and doesn't bask too much in action and blood, and has some solid dialogue.

I have mixed feeling about releasing them seperately on DVD. On one hand, it's sweet that you can just watch one or the other. Both movies are good in their own right, and could have been released seperately in theaters. But, on the other hand, it's billed as a double feature, and that's how I prefer to watch it, all 3+ hours. It's supposed to be an experience, I'd rather re-live the experience as much I could, than watch one or the other. If I wanted to skip to Death Proof, I could do so, but at least they're all on one disc.

Man, I'm pissed that the movie lasted only 2 WEEKS at my theater. Had to "tear down" all 12 reels of the movie, so it could be sent out to another theater. Oh well, at least I got to take a few frames from the actual print before it left. Took a couple of frames from the "missing reels" parts (get it?), and took a couple from deathproof.

I personally can't wait until it comes out at the local dollar theaters.....it should be a better viewing experience as opposed to a shiny new surround-sound equipped megaplex.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #14
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Do you work at a movie theatre?

Indeed. Projectionist, to be exact. Grindhouse was, literally, one of the biggest movies I've ever seen. Almost as big as the platter it was on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
I personally can't wait until it comes out at the local dollar theaters.....it should be a better viewing experience as opposed to a shiny new surround-sound equipped megaplex.

A great idea, really. Man would I love to smoke some bowls and hit up the dollar theater.

It's a win-win situation imo. You see in a regular theater, you get better sound, the picture (while purposely being dirty) is probably better, probably better environment too (better seats, service, etc). You see it in a dollar theater, and it's more in line with what Rodriguez and co. would probably want. So you can't go wrong.

PS. just got back from "Hot Fuzz". Really funny. Love that British humor.

Last edited by SCdac : 04-23-2007 at 08:44 PM.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Indeed. Projectionist, to be exact. Grindhouse was, literally, one of the biggest movies I've ever seen. Almost as big as the platter it was on!

Sweet. I'm thinking about getting a job at the new theatre being built at the mall right by my house.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: