Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #16
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: SLAM Magazine's top 50 players - A year later and even worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Yup, it's stupidity that is killing SLAM, not internet articles as they'd clame.
Used to be a good magazine, now its not
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

this is excusable for training camp. I thought Diaw, Darko etc were going to be top something this season.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ignore those fools, and read The REAL Top 50 (name patent pending).

Quote:
Top 50

The ELITE
1. Tim Duncan (Fundimentally sound. Period.)
2. Kobe Bryant (Not much to be said)
3. Dirk Nowitzki (Recently moved past LeBron on my list, and he could take out Kobe and Tim soon)
4. LeBron James (Playing great of late, improved jumper)
5. Dwyane Wade (Sucks about his injury, best penetrator in the game. Disrespected constantly)
6. Kevin Garnett (Claims of unclutch are bull****. Used to be a haater, now nothing but respect)

A Small Step Below
7. Yao Ming (THE center of the NBA right now)
8. Shaquille O'Neal (still a dominant force and, health issues not withstanding, he belongs here)
9. Carmelo Anthony (top five scorer in the league, underrated defensively)
10. Steve Nash (nothing needs to be said)
11. Gilbert Arenas (I'll be the first to critisize, he's had some TERRIBLE games. Still good though)
12. Tracy McGrady (proved he could hold up the fort in Yao's absense)
13. Elton Brand (some call him a disappointment, I disagree. Still a tremendous two-way player)
14. Paul Pierce (always forget about him)
15. Pau Gasol (once against underrated - a true leader in every sense)
16. Amare Stoudemire (great postmoves that don't get shown off as often with Nash there)
17. Chris Bosh (franchise player who's constantly improving. great midrange jumper)
18. Allen Iverson (I just don't see him as that much of a difference maker)
19. Vince Carter (hate him but he belongs here)

Third Tier Stars
20. Ray Allen (his all around game is underrated, but I can't put him with the big boys)
21. Jermaine O'Neal (one of my favourite players, but he's just too inconsistent these days)
22. Dwight Howard (not much needs to be said)
23. Michael Redd (another Ray type who's thought of as a shooter, but can slash as well)
24. Chris Paul (teriffic PG, one of the best, and yes, he's better than Kidd)
25. Joe Johnson (another Ray/Redd type who's still improving)
26. Jason Kidd (he's lost a step, and although he's still top five, he probably won't be for long)
27. Emeka Okafor (DPOTY, amazing shotblocker (near 3D) with some nice post moves)
28. Ron Artest (hard to put him way down here. top five two way player, AMAZING post player)
29. Deron Williams (not quite a top five PG yet, but that should change fairly soon. sorry Jason)
30. Carlos Boozer (interior force, and he's proved it this year. not much on defense, but not terrible)
31. Lamar Odom (Mr. Versatile, he's slowed down a bit this year with injuries, but he's still awesome all around)
32. Baron Davis (HUGE talent, and Nellie's showing him how to play smart with them)
33. Zach Randolph (cancer, but you can't deny the talent's there)
34. Chauncey Billups (you could build a team around him, although it wouldn't be very good)

The ELITE (Role Players Edition)
35. Shawn Marion (best role player in the game)
36. Andre Iquodala (another Marion type with more offense)
37. Josh Howard (another Marion type)
38. Rashard Lewis (forgot about him at first. nice shooter, decent passer, defensive liability)
39. Manu Ginobili (forgot him too, clutch as hell IMO, always steps up when you need him)
40. Kirk Hinrich (I overrate him, but he's been lights out lately. slow start, great finish. Chicago's leader.)
41. Caron Butler (love the game. proven allstar now, and only way to go is up)
42. Marcus Camby (completely forgot about him - can't forget the other side of the ball)
43. TJ Ford (improved defensively and midrange game a TON, and that's why he's way up here)
44. Jason Richardson (forgot about him too, VERY underrated. he can be a number 1 option if given a chance)
45. Luol Deng (basically Caron but worse)
46. Mehmet Okur (clutch player, improved a lot. imagine Detroit right now with him)
47. Josh Smith (the highlight reel. very TO prone though, and sometimes inefficient)

You're Lucky You Made It
48. Ben Gordon (streaky scorer, but he IS the offense for the Bulls)
49. Eddy Curry (man, he started really high and I just kept moving him down)
50. Al Jefferson (showing signs this year, and I'd feel worse leaving him off than any of the other snubs)

The All-Snub Team
PG - Mike Bibby / Jason Terry / Andre Miller
SG - Rip Hamilton / Kevin Martin / Bradon Roy
SF - Tayshaun Prince / Mike Miller / Richard Jefferson
PF - Rasheed Wallace / Antawn Jamison / David West
C - Ben Wallace / Tyson Chandler / Nenad Krstic
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #19
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Andrea Bargnani and morrison over eddy curry
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #20
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

deng? butler?
Old 04-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #21
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

It was okay until you said TJ Ford.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #22
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
It was okay until you said TJ Ford.
yeah i'm still looking for marbury on his list

redd is way too high
Old 04-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That list is absolutely laughable and must have been compiled by morons with little to no actual basketball knowledge.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #24
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol the all snub teams starting lineup is pretty much last years pistons
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #25
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

Where's Gerald Wallace in the Top 50?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #26
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
yeah i'm still looking for marbury on his list

redd is way too high
Ford > Marbury. Easily.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #27
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Where's Gerald Wallace in the Top 50?
Hopefully nowhere near it.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #28
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Top 50

The ELITE
1. Tim Duncan (Fundimentally sound. Period.)
2. Kobe Bryant (Not much to be said)
3. Dirk Nowitzki (Recently moved past LeBron on my list, and he could take out Kobe and Tim soon)
4. LeBron James (Playing great of late, improved jumper)
5. Dwyane Wade (Sucks about his injury, best penetrator in the game. Disrespected constantly)
6. Kevin Garnett (Claims of unclutch are bull****. Used to be a haater, now nothing but respect)

Bron and KG over Dirk

A Small Step Below
7. Yao Ming (THE center of the NBA right now)
8. Shaquille O'Neal (still a dominant force and, health issues not withstanding, he belongs here)
9. Carmelo Anthony (top five scorer in the league, underrated defensively)
10. Steve Nash (nothing needs to be said)
11. Gilbert Arenas (I'll be the first to critisize, he's had some TERRIBLE games. Still good though)
12. Tracy McGrady (proved he could hold up the fort in Yao's absense)
13. Elton Brand (some call him a disappointment, I disagree. Still a tremendous two-way player)
14. Paul Pierce (always forget about him)
15. Pau Gasol (once against underrated - a true leader in every sense)
16. Amare Stoudemire (great postmoves that don't get shown off as often with Nash there)
17. Chris Bosh (franchise player who's constantly improving. great midrange jumper)
18. Allen Iverson (I just don't see him as that much of a difference maker)
19. Vince Carter (hate him but he belongs here)

Third Tier Stars
20. Ray Allen (his all around game is underrated, but I can't put him with the big boys)
21. Jermaine O'Neal (one of my favourite players, but he's just too inconsistent these days)
22. Dwight Howard (not much needs to be said)
23. Michael Redd (another Ray type who's thought of as a shooter, but can slash as well)
24. Chris Paul (teriffic PG, one of the best, and yes, he's better than Kidd)
25. Joe Johnson (another Ray/Redd type who's still improving)
26. Jason Kidd (he's lost a step, and although he's still top five, he probably won't be for long)
27. Emeka Okafor (DPOTY, amazing shotblocker (near 3D) with some nice post moves)
28. Ron Artest (hard to put him way down here. top five two way player, AMAZING post player)
29. Deron Williams (not quite a top five PG yet, but that should change fairly soon. sorry Jason)
30. Carlos Boozer (interior force, and he's proved it this year. not much on defense, but not terrible)
31. Lamar Odom (Mr. Versatile, he's slowed down a bit this year with injuries, but he's still awesome all around)
32. Baron Davis (HUGE talent, and Nellie's showing him how to play smart with them)
33. Zach Randolph (cancer, but you can't deny the talent's there)
34. Chauncey Billups (you could build a team around him, although it wouldn't be very good)

Kidd and Boozer are too low. Randolph, Odom too high. Artest doesn't belong on this list at all. Billups = Deron. Ray Allen is way too high

The ELITE (Role Players Edition)
35. Shawn Marion (best role player in the game)
36. Andre Iquodala (another Marion type with more offense)
37. Josh Howard (another Marion type)
38. Rashard Lewis (forgot about him at first. nice shooter, decent passer, defensive liability)
39. Manu Ginobili (forgot him too, clutch as hell IMO, always steps up when you need him)
40. Kirk Hinrich (I overrate him, but he's been lights out lately. slow start, great finish. Chicago's leader.)
41. Caron Butler (love the game. proven allstar now, and only way to go is up)
42. Marcus Camby (completely forgot about him - can't forget the other side of the ball)
43. TJ Ford (improved defensively and midrange game a TON, and that's why he's way up here)
44. Jason Richardson (forgot about him too, VERY underrated. he can be a number 1 option if given a chance)
45. Luol Deng (basically Caron but worse)
46. Mehmet Okur (clutch player, improved a lot. imagine Detroit right now with him)
47. Josh Smith (the highlight reel. very TO prone though, and sometimes inefficient)

Marcus, TJ, Loul are too low.

You're Lucky You Made It
48. Ben Gordon (streaky scorer, but he IS the offense for the Bulls)
49. Eddy Curry (man, he started really high and I just kept moving him down)
50. Al Jefferson (showing signs this year, and I'd feel worse leaving him off than any of the other snubs)

The All-Snub Team
PG - Mike Bibby / Jason Terry / Andre Miller
SG - Rip Hamilton / Kevin Martin / Bradon Roy
SF - Tayshaun Prince / Mike Miller / Richard Jefferson
PF - Rasheed Wallace / Antawn Jamison / David West
C - Ben Wallace / Tyson Chandler / Nenad Krstic

Brandon Roy is better than Kmartin. RJ is better than Mike Miller. Ben Wallace is better than Al Jefferson.

thats a very good list though donks. my quarrels are small. probably the best top 50 list Ive ever seen (although that isn't saying TOO much considering all the people who actually take the time to do one always screw it up). I'd like to see what Kblaze or Gobb could come up with
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #29
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Kidd at 34 caught my eye. I still think he has a strong strong case for top 20. And next year there will be no doubt when they get Krstic back and they're winning. Hell if he were more selfish and scored more now, there'd be no doubt.

Hell there is no doubt, he's top 20
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #30
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

Donks, did you actually make that list?
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: