Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #16
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can A Person, With Merit, Hate Odom, While Still Liking Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
He's probably a good guy and teammate, but how does that make him a good basketball player? He's a ***** to put it short and sweet. He has never played up to his capabilities. He misses makes marvelous spin moves, then misses layups as a 6'11 SF / PF ?!?! Are you serious? He has no sack to speak of. He doesn't have a mental edge. If anything he's a third option at best, and has continually shown this over the course of his career. He's inconsistent as they come. Which is the worst attribute in a person or athlete. You don't know who is going to show up and when. He can't play a lick of defense. People pipe him up and say he's versatile. He is versatile, but he really can't do all things well. It's like he's almost a point forward, but not quite. He has mental lapses on the court, and I could just go on and on. He just doesn't have any chemistry with Kobe, and the Lakers would be better served to dump him for a more fitting piece to the puzzle.

he's a triple double threat when healthy. solid unselfish teammate without ego...that's what you want beside Kobe. 17pts 16 boards. not bad numbers. last year he averaged 19 and 11. not bad at all. my knock on him is his inability to take over the offensive load when Kobe is out. other than that, he's a very good player.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #17
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

He's a good player. Not very good, and certainly not great. "Really good" players aren't as inconsistent as Lamar Odom is. Josh Howard > Lamar Odom.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #18
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
He's a good player. Not very good, and certainly not great. "Really good" players aren't as inconsistent as Lamar Odom is. Josh Howard > Lamar Odom.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #19
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

i like odom. i just dont think his best role is a #2 option. id rather him be the 3rd option. somethin like a james worthy behind magic and kareem, or a kukoc behind scottie and jordan.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #20
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far

Here we go again.

1. He's a 3? Fine then, get me a 2 without trading him.
2. He's a good defender? Umm ya...which is why the Lakers keep sucking on defense and have been ever since they got him. Not saying it's all his fault but he makes no impact whatsoever no matter how much you want to believe it. Now put JO there and dayum...the Lakers turn into one of the best defensive teams in the league. Like the Suns said, he's a very average defender. I love how dude gets praised for things just to get praised.

You like him, I get it...

But be real. Why keep him? That tweener status will always hurt him defensively, especially at PF. If you can't see that then...

s for his offense...sure blame him...or blame Kobe. Whoever you want.
But it isn't working.

And one has to go. Which one? Thought so.

You guys have fallen in love with him and want him to stay so badly that you make statements like "Jermaine would marginally improve the Lakers".

Total BS. And comparing their stats lmFao.

Like Dunleavy said, a guy like Brand is a much better complement for Kobe.

Odom may be nice (although I don't think he really is) but not at his price. Just not.

The Lakers can't afford to get that #2 and still keep Odom.

How do you do that? Your salary becomes a mess, worse than the Knicks a few years ago. It can't happen.

Odom must be gone. Period.

I personally feel he fits the Shareef Abdur Rahim mold but I won't take it too far as of this moment but think about it, dude needs the ball in his hands too much, he's a perimeter PF, due to his game style, he will have problems adjusting to most players....
The only good thing is that he's unselfish and can pass good. That makes him look better but I really want him to get exposed somewhere.

But okay, that's taking it too far. You don't have to respond to that part.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
^Why you banned again?
because if he posts under manutd or soccer10 nobody takes him serious anymore. more so in an odom thread...

i think odoms biggest problem is his size vs abilities, because of his size he gets touted as a power forward because he actually can move his feet well and handles the ball fairly decent he could be a small forward... he can shoot from the outside and drive to the hoop equally well... where do you use him? i think that's a question everybody he has played for asks... i actually like him where he plays now, he needs to be more confident and stop second guessing himself and he'd become a total package
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: