Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #31
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brandon Wright to enter into the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Provide LINKS where the guys on the 50-50 list have said they are staying in school. If you cant why talk?

Chase Budinger and Jawann McClellen: From March 20th(cant find any more recent articles but Chase Budingers trainer who posts on goazcats.com has also said he is coming back along with Lute Olson in a tv interview)
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua//...uabkc0320.html
Quote:
Jawann McClellan: He never fully recovered from knee problems and had little impact outside of a game or two. Next season, his senior year, should be better. He has vowed to be a team leader. “It's my team; I have no excuses,'' he said. “I have to come out from the start. I might have to get up in people's faces.''
Chase Budinger: Budinger, an elite-level athlete, isn't used to losing, and UA did a lot of that this season. He said he wants to take a week or so off, return home for a couple of days, and perhaps start playing a little volleyball just to get the competitive juices flowing again. “I want to be a leader next year — and I can,'' he said.

Ryan Anderson:
http://cal.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=659367
Quote:
"But I am sticking around," Anderson said. "I definitely want to stay to see where I, along with my teammates, can take this team. There's no intention for me to leave at this point. There's no doubt about the fact that it's flattering to be mentioned, and that would be awesome someday. But that's not now."

Darrel Arthur and Sherron Collins: http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=662442
Quote:
"Yes, I am coming back," said Arthur. "I always knew I was coming back. I never gave any serious thought to leaving this year. I don't know what my role will be now that Julian Wright is leaving.

"I am just going to come in and work hard next year," he added. "I just want to have a good off-season and have the best season I can next year. I will probably go home for a couple of weeks after school is out and then come back.

"I was not tempted at all to look at the NBA," he continued. "I didn't really talk to anybody about it because I wasn't thinking about going. My mind has been focused on school work."
Quote:
"This is for everybody and I have no idea where this came from," said Collins. "Sherron Collins will not be leaving Kansas. I'm staying at Kansas throughout my whole career. I couldn't be with a better group of guys. We are going to be good next year.

"I didn't hear about it (rumors) until today," he added. "I started to laugh when I heard about the rumors. To have a year like I had, and just as well as the fellas, to leave you've got to be crazy.

"I'm not at 100 percent, but 90 percent right now," said Collins when talking about his injury. "I've still been working out, cardio workouts, but took a rest off the court. I didn't worry about it (injury) until after the end of the season.

All those players were are on the 50/50 list when they shouldnt be. Ill just start a thread in the college thread for the rest.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #32
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Wasn't Collins the KU guard that knocked up a DePaul chick and he was goin to transfer?
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #33
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Did you not understand anything I just said? The reason their 50/50 is because they said they were coming back but seem to be backtracking now. Just like Conley and Wright did. Nobody can guarantee what their going to do so thats why their not in the "OUT" list.

How can anyone guarantee that the people in the "Out" list right now are gonna stay??
Old 04-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #34
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Wasn't Collins the KU guard that knocked up a DePaul chick and he was goin to transfer?
As far as I know, he's staying with Kansas.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #35
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
How can anyone guarantee that the people in the "Out" list right now are gonna stay??

You can't make guarantees, see Julian Wright. But what you can say is the guys they label "OUT" are more likely to stay out of the draft than guys in the 50/50 list who at least have shown signs of wavering. I don't get whats still confusing you.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #36
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
You can't make guarantees, see Julian Wright. But what you can say is the guys they label "OUT" are more likely to stay out of the draft than guys in the 50/50 list who at least have shown signs of wavering. I don't get whats still confusing you.

Whats confusing you?? All the guys athat I listed have recently said they are coming back, and McClellen has for sure never even thought of entering the draft.

If a guy says he is coming back...you put him in the "OUT" list. End of story.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #37
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Just a rumor so far.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
If a guy says he is coming back...you put him in the "OUT" list. End of story.

Mike Conley said that and where is he now? Oh he declared.

There is 1 week for guys to declare. Why put the 50-50 guys on the OUT list when the potential they could change thier heart exists??? Chris Lofton just now said he is returning to college because scouts said he was nothing more than a mid 2nd round pick.

Its even silly to even be arguing, getting up in arms over the 50-50/OUT list. I mean really listen to yourself kid. The lists that matter are the players who declared, the players who are contemplating making the leap (one foot in door) and the euros.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sherron Collins and Chris Lofton return to school.

Thaddeus Young declares for the draft...but doesnt hire an agent.

April 29th is the deadline to declare.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #40
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Thaddeus should stay in school. He can easily play into the lottery next year if he does.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Thaddeus should stay in school. He can easily play into the lottery next year if he does.

Same thing I'm thinkin...guess he wants to see where the talks of him landing are. I say just outside of the lottery. I dont think he is a lock unless a team doesnt care about this past season and takes him just on potential. Eh

Next year he could play himself into a lock.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:29 PM   #42
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Thaddeus is a late first rounder at this point. I know he wants to go the pros badly (would have declared out of HS) so it doesn't surprise me that he is burning his draft card.

I just think there are too many forwards in this draft. He could go much higher next year.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Thaddeus is a late first rounder at this point. I know he wants to go the pros badly (would have declared out of HS) so it doesn't surprise me that he is burning his draft card.

I just think there are too many forwards in this draft. He could go much higher next year.

Yeah two people already said that. Guess a third doesnt hurt.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #44
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah two people already said that. Guess a third doesnt hurt.
Sorry, sweetheart.

Didn't know that I couldn't give my opinion if it was similiar to that of others.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Sorry, sweetheart.

Didn't know that I couldn't give my opinion if it was similiar to that of others.

*does paulie walnuts laugh*
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: