Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 AM   #1
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

SportsAnalyzer has no real reputation yet.
Default Magic said on TNT the Spurs are in more trouble than Dallas??

Has he done his homework to know that the Spurs have beaten the Nuggets 3 times this season and once in denver. On top of that, Dallas has YET to beat the Warriors this season and the Spurs are in more trouble? So that's what TNT pays Magic to say? Dumb stuff?
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Magic said on TNT the Spurs are in more trouble than Dallas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
Has he done his homework to know that the Spurs have beaten the Nuggets 3 times this season and once in denver. On top of that, Dallas has YET to beat the Warriors this season and the Spurs are in more trouble? So that's what TNT pays Magic to say? Dumb stuff?

Its not really that dumb.. Playoffs are a diffeent animal and the Nugs have TWO guys that can raise and will raise it up to HOF levels. Add in Nene and Camby's defense on Duncan as well as Ginobili and Horry looking old and you have problems.

People forget how freaking good AI is...I personally think that they are both equally in trouble and Phx just got lucky to face the LAkers.

San Antonio defense is has too much trouble because are not built to bother a player like AI.he is WAY too quick for any1 on Denver and has some great guys around him as well. Nene is no joke, just ask Tim Duncan
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We are talking about AI here, a guy that carried a team to the finals. Of course the Spurs are in more trouble than the Mavs, IMO.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
Cavsfan
Banned

Cavsfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

San Antonio Spurs are an aging team and besides you cannot beat a team like Denver Easily if you will play their game which is High Octane Offense. Spurs should Double Team Ai and Melo and make Sure Bruce Bowen to the dirty job of playing defense.
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

avatar bet one the series. 1 year! Anyone?
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #6
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

SportsAnalyzer has no real reputation yet.

Im sure that AI and Melo won't both score 30's two games in a row.
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #7
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan

they wont do it ice
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #8
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Thing is, Denver has legit talent. Golden State's success depends as much on style and trickery as anything else.

Even Avery Johnson should be able to make adjustments by game 3...I think.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #9
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

You don't post here enough anymore for me to invest in that type of bet
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #10
KIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
You don't post here enough anymore for me to invest in that type of bet

lets make our bet a month
Old 04-23-2007, 02:41 AM   #11
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Unless AI and Melo can continue putting up 30 points a piece per game, Denver has no chance in taking this 7-game series.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:44 AM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Im sure that AI and Melo won't both score 30's two games in a row.

First of all San Antonio only beat Denver 2x this year. 1 without Melo and Nene was still hurt and only playing 15 minutes. The 2nd time was the first day after the allstar break and AI's first game after missing many with his ankle. The regular seasons has provides no evidence as to how this series will go, as this team in the last month is the one they'd be over a year. No they probably wouldn't necessarily win all those games in a row, but great rebounding and good defense as efficient scoring.

2nd, there's a possibility both Melo and AI can score 30 or close to it. Its not you're talking about a 2nd rate star like Manu. Melo damn near averaged 30 (would've gotten more if not for the AI trade) and AI could've (if not for the same trade), and AI averages 30 in the playoffs. And neither Bowen or Finley or Manu can **** with Melo if not for a double or maybe a triple team. And those doubles and triples on Melo are only going to help AI put the defense on their heels.

Denver did not play a perfect game, if that is what you're trying to get at. Far Far Far Far from it. They have not had their best game. AI has always been successful vs the Spurs, and I think he's going to have a great series. I still think the defense is too focused on keeping Melo from scoring to stop AI. Sadly Karl kept JR in the dog house, but he's capable of lighting up the Spurs too
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #13
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Indeed, most people who are judging denver by their season performance are mistaken.I am repeating myself over and over.injuries,suspensions and trades..all this influence.you cant judge denver season and predict their performance in playoff.

About AI AND MELO.Both are first rated superstar.Both can carry the team to victories and release pressure of each other.I expect in this series a 40 pt game by AI.I dont take that out.He is one of the greats to play this game.
The spurs are in big trouble, and I can assure you AI can do better then what he did yesterday too.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #14
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
First off Im never gonna bet against the Spurs and also I dont like to pick on elderly people. :)
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 AM   #15
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I agree with Magic but I think both are in some trouble. Dallas is really talented and a great team but GS is a HORRIBLE match up for Dallas. You'd think Dallas would be able to take advantage of GS's lack of size but they are a jump shooting/driving team. They have no post game. And GS has the athleticism/speed to rotate over to their shooters and stay in front of their guys who want to get to the basket.

I thought Denver had a chance though and a lot of people would/did disagree. But they have a ton of fire power. AI and Carmello are both guys who can drop 30 on any night, so I don't see why people are so surprised it happened/saying it can't happen again. Not to mention Denver only scored 95, even if AI and Melo don't score 60 combined again their TEAM can easily score more than 95. The Nuggets have a ton of athleticism, ball handling, and their shooting is a lot better than it was when the Spurs beat them in 5. Nene is better now than when they played in the POs two years ago. Nene/Camby/Evans is a very tough frontcourt. They have athleticism, they have rebounding, they block shots, they play man to man D. Nene can also score in the post and he's a tough match up for Duncan. Camby is a great shotblocker/rebounder and everyone knows that, he is way better than SA's other frontcourt player(either Oberto or Horry). He can provide help on Parker/Ginobili whenever they get past AI/Blake/Melo. Bowen's older and not the defensive pest he was 2 years ago, Melo's a better player now than he used to be. I'm not so sure why everyone's surprised Denver took game one, I can see either team winning this series and maybe see it going 7 games. But I hope Denver wins in 6.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: