Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 AM   #16
NugzFan
College superstar

NugzFan has decent reputationNugzFan has decent reputation
Default Re: Magic said on TNT the Spurs are in more trouble than Dallas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
Has he done his homework to know that the Spurs have beaten the Nuggets 3 times this season and once in denver. On top of that, Dallas has YET to beat the Warriors this season and the Spurs are in more trouble? So that's what TNT pays Magic to say? Dumb stuff?

pretty sure they only beat us twice so far this year.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 AM   #17
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

sometimes i listen to magic, and i think his basketball iq was entirely instinctive and his understanding of the game is flawed. then i remember that he's the 3 time mvp with the 5 rings and a multi-million dollar franchise name, and i'm some schlup, and i decide that he just doesn't get his thoughts together very well on camera. either way i'd say dallas is the team that's actually going to have to adjust. san antonio is just going to to have to make shots. which of those things will be easier is hard to say. it looked to me like all dallas had to do was force feed damp, who is a capable if mediocre post scorer, or get dirk down on the low block (i think he's capable of holding position against the likes of harrington and barnes. i sure as hell hope so or we'll have to go back to calling him a 7 ft tweener forward). defensively, i think they need to forget doubling baron. if a pg gets 40+ but can't get his teammates involved that's usually a problem for his team.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #18
Darius
Decent college freshman

Darius is a pretty well-respected posterDarius is a pretty well-respected posterDarius is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd agree with that.

I feel the warriors lack the poise and discpline to play as they played in game 1 for 3 more games.

Nuggets, however - as I keep saying - are the most talented team in the L.

They have got very good players at all positions.

Old man river Spurs are vulnerable.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #19
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Has he done his homework to know that the Spurs have beaten the Nuggets 3 times this season and once in denver. On top of that, Dallas has YET to beat the Warriors this season and the Spurs are in more trouble? So that's what TNT pays Magic to say? Dumb stuff?

Nothing wrong with what Magic said, especially when you can't even get your fact straight. Spurs only won 2 games this season. And both games Nuggets either have players missing or return from injuries. Therefore, it can't be a ruler of judgement for the balance between Spurs and Nugz. Plus, Nuggets have better bench. (The 3rd game proves that) Finley and Horry is aging. and not the players they used to be. They are no matched for Kleiza/Evans/Najera, who will become major factors in this playoff run.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #20
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Magic also said that Denver would win the series vs. the Spurs.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now wait a second. Let's wait until the Spurs have a good game and lose, before we start throwing up red flags. They were missing open shots and not hustling for rebounds. Timmy started 0-7 and Ginobli only had 9 points off the bench. Lets wait until they have a SAS like game, then we can talk upsets.

Same for Dallas, I didn't watch the game but let's see how the Mavs respond in game two.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #22
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Now wait a second. Let's wait until the Spurs have a good game and lose, before we start throwing up red flags. They were missing open shots and not hustling for rebounds. Timmy started 0-7 and Ginobli only had 9 points off the bench. Lets wait until they have a SAS like game, then we can talk upsets.

Same for Dallas, I didn't watch the game but let's see how the Mavs respond in game two.

unless they start giving Timmy the superstar calls he is used to in the post he is going to have a hard time with the Nene/Camby combo because they are good defenders on him and his running mate is wack.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #23
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
unless they start giving Timmy the superstar calls he is used to in the post he is going to have a hard time with the Nene/Camby combo because they are good defenders on him and his running mate is wack.

No, I think that once his teammates start draining shots then he'll be passing out of doubles, then if he gets the bank shot going he'll start using that, until the D spreads enough for him to dominate, again he and the rest of the team just were not shooting well, covered or not. It was just weird to watch.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #24
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
No, I think that once his teammates start draining shots then he'll be passing out of doubles, then if he gets the bank shot going he'll start using that, until the D spreads enough for him to dominate, again he and the rest of the team just were not shooting well, covered or not. It was just weird to watch.
I actually agree with you. I also think the key player for Spurs in this series is Manu Ginobili. I mean, even through Duncan didn't shoot well in the 1st game. he obviously did his job and play a good game (10 board, 7 assist) but Manu is the key for the Spurs is becasue he's the ignition of their bench. Like i said in the other post. Oberto/Bonner/Horry/Finley is no match for Kleiza/Evans/Smith/Najera. And Park doesn't play nearly as much as Iverson does. Ginobili need to create sparks off the bench, making 3s, penatrating to create good spacing on the floor for Duncan to truly play his best.

but NUGGETS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think they both have problems, but yes, SA is in more trouble than Dallas. GS played real well, they were hitting step back three's. That'
s not normal shots, they won't fall all the time. No one on Denver had anything more than an average, maybe a tiny bit above average game.

SA is going to have problems because outside of Duncan, the matchups in terms of physicality on the front line is a huge problem for them. I like Oberto, but he's kind of a finesse, skill, smart player. Nene is a banger, Camby is a banger, Melo is a banger. Duncan can't play all three.

the thing that suprised me late in the SA game wasn't Denver was winning, it's that it looked like two very equal times fighting it out, and that it was going to be that way the whole series. that's shocking.

Dallas will adjust to GS, all they need to do is slow it down, play a normal lineup and not worry about what GS does.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #26
SsKSpurs21

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee

Denver did not play a perfect game, if that is what you're trying to get at. Far Far Far Far from it. They have not had their best game.

neither did the spurs...duncan parker and manu were 3 for 25 in the first half. duncan was 0-7, parker was 2-10. 6 layups missed in the second half, they were struggling the entire game and still had a chance to win the game. game 2 will be interesting.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #27
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Magic is the worst announcer in sports history

GOAT PG, hell of a businessman

crap coach, crap announcer

ignore him
JtotheIzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #28
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

ignore him
Crap late night tv show host
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #29
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

ignore him
just as isiah competed with him for best pg kudos, he is on par with him for worst announcer blame. he sucked like a... god so many hooker / minnesota viking jokes i can't even pick one.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #30
STelfair31

STelfair31 has decent reputation

A.I. and Melo are winning the 1st series
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: