Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #31
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: Week 2 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
If you actually watched that game and came out feeling like the Giants were the better team then you're a moron.

i didnt say the giants were the better team fucktard. read the thread.

if you werent the most irrational cowboy homer in the goddamn universe you would have been able to see that the cowboys looked pretty mediocre and were lucky to win the game on saturday night.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #32
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

How so?

The Giants were only in it due to fluke turnovers, both Romo's INTs came off the hands of his WRs. Dez dropped a redzone pass that bounced off his chest. Beasley had a fluke fumble after a 30 yard gain that they returned for a TD.

The Giants offense only scored 1 TD...Dallas D looked great, OBJ was shut down
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #33
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Power rankings all over have Dallas top-5 even after losing Dez...clearly I'm not the only one that thinks highly of them.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:12 PM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Power rankings all over have Dallas top-5 even after losing Dez...clearly I'm not the only one that thinks highly of them.
I think highly of them, i just don't see this game as lopsided as you do. That's all. They aren't going 16-0, they will play at best 8,9 games they can win/lose (like the Giants game).

You like Dallas like 80%, I like them like 60% in this game. That's all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #35
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I think highly of them, i just don't see this game as lopsided as you do. That's all. They aren't going 16-0, they will play at best 8,9 games they can win/lose (like the Giants game).

You like Dallas like 80%, I like them like 60% in this game. That's all.
Yeah sounds about right. We can lose this, fumbles and INTs happen...they can happen to the Eagles as well. 'Any Given Sunday' is real but I like our chances here.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

I'm going to bash my Giants and none of you will care but I'm good with that. Eli saying he went to the sideline and spoke to the OC about what he was doing and them saying ok (which doesn't excuse him) and Coughlin saying that he wasn't aware shows a disconnect in the coaching staff that cannot be. It means the OC/Coach aren't on the same page, aren't talking. That's ridiculous. I've never looked at Coughlin and thought he wasn't in control in a few years, even when we lost. But he's not in control. Maybe he is too old.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

So it was Eli that decided it was best to run clock, not score? Not the coaches?

I'm confused on who to blame there...
Old 09-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #38
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Chip Kelly is 0-2 at home vs Dallas. On the other hand he's 2-0 IN Dallas
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #39
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
So it was Eli that decided it was best to run clock, not score? Not the coaches?

I'm confused on who to blame there...
Everyone. Eli because it was his idea and he had timeouts wrong and threw the pass. The OC who he told. Jennings who said he knew it was wrong yet said nothing (****ing brilliant). Coughlin who let the Giants run offense like the Rex Ryan Jets where it's "not my business".

People coming out after the fact and saying they knew the decision was wrong puzzles me more than making the wrong decision. If you make a mistake, it's stupid but that's football. If you know it's a mistake and do it anyway because you don't think it's your business to fix it, really?

Coughlin to me looks the worst. Either he's lost it or he's been demoted secretly to not controlling the offense.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #40
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Everyone. Eli because it was his idea and he had timeouts wrong and threw the pass. The OC who he told. Jennings who said he knew it was wrong yet said nothing (****ing brilliant). Coughlin who let the Giants run offense like the Rex Ryan Jets where it's "not my business".

People coming out after the fact and saying they knew the decision was wrong puzzles me more than making the wrong decision. If you make a mistake, it's stupid but that's football. If you know it's a mistake and do it anyway because you don't think it's your business to fix it, really?

Coughlin to me looks the worst. Either he's lost it or he's been demoted secretly to not controlling the offense.

1,2 timeouts , who cares. Eli a retOard for that. You have a chance to go up 2 possessions with a minute and a half left??!!!??

Then call a pass play on third down.

Distinction all the way around.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #41
FUTěN
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
i didnt say the giants were the better team fucktard. read the thread.

if you werent the most irrational cowboy homer in the goddamn universe you would have been able to see that the cowboys looked pretty mediocre and were lucky to win the game on saturday night.

That is the crux of it. There's no question Dallas played down to their opponent. That's not a good thing. The notion they were only going to lose because they made a handful of terrible plays isn't a good defense to me either, that has pretty much been the downfall of this team more so than anything to do with their personnel.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #42
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTěN
That is the crux of it. There's no question Dallas played down to their opponent. That's not a good thing. The notion they were only going to lose because they made a handful of terrible plays isn't a good defense to me either, that has pretty much been the downfall of this team more so than anything to do with their personnel.
fluke mistakes? passes bouncing off WRs?...that won't be the norm all year long, maybe a couple games, but not every game.

This team was really good last year...if you go back too far then you get a different team.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Dallas undefeated on the road last year too...for some reason we play better away
Old 09-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #44
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

I watched the entire game and noticed that if Eli wouldn't have told Jennings not to score a touchdown they would be celebrating a victory this week.

It was a really close game, it could have gone either way. Neither team dominated or distinguished themselves as a team worth writing home about.

Cant deny Romo's great game-winning drive, or his 2 interceptions thrown.

After losing their best player in Dez, I'd say it's gonna be a tough game against Philly. Def not a gimmie, and I'm picking Philly to win this match-up.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #45
FUTěN
Good High School Starter

They're definitely better than they were in that streak of barely missing the playoffs, the roster is better, the staff around Garret is much improved, but I still think they're a brain fart-prone team, even if it's not the specific mistakes of SNF. I just don't see how you can be feeling that confident after watching a game where Dallas didn't deserve to win and left with major injuries. The Giants didn't deserve to win either, but they're likely a bad team this year. I mean it is just one game, so I'm not saying panic is appropriate either.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: