Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Is this a rivalry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Chill, I was just unsure.

I'm glad that you feel sympathy for VC. Typical Raptor fans obviously don't. But more importantly, you hate the Nets, because they made a smart move and got VC?
It was more-so that Toronto made a stupid move then NJ making a good move. But it's all good, we finished with the easts 3rd best record, so i'm over it.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

winner of this series is the true winner of the Atlantic.

right now, it's a best of 5 Nets with home court.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM   #18
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Please, please, please, let us keep home court.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:42 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
winner of this series is the true winner of the Atlantic.

right now, it's a best of 5 Nets with home court.
Yeah, you guys got the homecourt back, but at the same time, we got our jitters out of the way, and Mitchell is starting to figure things out as a first-time playoff coach. Next game we're gonna come out with a lot more confidence than in the first 2 games.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #20
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Carter better show up. if he fades away from the game at home court then the Nets are doomed
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #21
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Carter better show up. if he fades away from the game at home court then the Nets are doomed
Very true. but I think he had a mental block in Toronto. He really wasn't playing like himself at all. He didn't even look like he was into the game. But I think he will bounce back.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #22
Done_And_Done
D & D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I disagree. Rivalries are now few and far between as well as being less intense than they were back in the day, but they do still exist. For example, I would consider the following rivalried: Suns vs. Mavericks, Mavericks vs. Spurs, Pistons vs. Heat, Raptors vs. Knicks (to an extent).

I guess you can consider that a minor rivalry but I still stay the Toronto/Jersey clash contains more intensity, vengance, and substance. Obviously the connection & hazzy past VC has with the Raps is the core storyline behind the bitter rivalry but if the present dictates the future then it'll grow beyond just a VC/Toronto ordeal...

RJ somewhat added to the fuel the other day with the fans wearing red stab...

Done & Done
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #23
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
It may sound strange but I honestly don't feel like the Nets vs. the Raptors is a rivalry. In the past, there has never been any bad blood between the two teams, nobody has gotten into a fight, this is their first playoff meeting, it hasn't been heated at any time. Yes, there's the whole Vince Carter thing, but that's about the fans. Most of the players on the Raptors never even played with Vince and nobody has a personal vendetta against him. And vice versa, none of the nets players have a specific problem with anyone on the Raptors. They all just say, "we wanna help Vince win." So in short, for me, this doesn't at all feel like a rivalry but rather just two competetive teams trying to win it for their respective franchises. Is it just me?

Vince does not really trash talk in the media nor I don't think he does much on the court. He sometimes too friendly on the court much to the dismay of the fans of the team he is playing for. Certainly seen it in when he played for Toronto and I believe some Nets fans criticized him earlier in the year regarding that.

Usually you need a guy or two from each team talking trash. Not any of that up to now. Closest to any pushing or fights was one incident last night where Calderon and Kidd exchanged some heated looks after Calderon drove to the basket and Kidd received a foul and an other being Humphries and Moore battling and pushing which resulted in a foul on Humphries after a shot had gone in for the Nets.

Probably it is more of a rivalry in the minds of the Raptor fans than it is for the Net fans.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #24
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
and it also makes it more sweeter when we win. makes all the raps fans sad and suicidal

Not last night!:)
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #25
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLane
How can you say that there hasn't been any bad blood or fight??
If I can remember last year when VC slapped Mo-Pete in the face then Mo slapped him back and got tossed... Toronto got ripped off in that deal for VC, that's why we (the raps) don't like New jersey. I consider this a rivalry..

This was a playfull slap by Vince; not so playful slap back by Mo Pete who was into the game and had his game face on (Vince does not have a game face a lot of the time). As I stated in my other comments one of the things that drove Raptor fans crazy; he was too friendly on the court. And ironically his stupid friendliness comes back to haunt Toronto again when Mo Pete was thrown out of the game because the referree did not see the whole incident and gives him a quick 2nd technical.

For Raptor fans its more of a rivalry.

Last edited by huppcap : 04-25-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #26
InsideLane
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Chill, I was just unsure.

I'm glad that you feel sympathy for VC. Typical Raptor fans obviously don't. But more importantly, you hate the Nets, because they made a smart move and got VC?

No, again your just assuming since i'm a Raptor fan that I hate the Nets, wrong, wrong, wrong. I have nothing against the Nets. Obviously it was our fault for doing the deal. Babcock was an idiot.

This is a rivalry because VC is hated by most Raptor fans because he never played to his full effort. He faked injuries, didn't play hard, and didn't take anything seriously. That's why Raptors fans dislike Carter.

Last night Kidd and Calderon were talking back and forth to each other as well. Jefferson, made the comment about "feeling at home" during the first game. Plus the Nets purposly wore there 3rd jersey's the red ones. Which so happens to be what all fans wear. We called it the Red River, you came an wore your red jersey's. Good thinking, but also another part towards the rivalry.
InsideLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

"Toronto got ripped off in that deal for VC, that's why we (the raps) don't like New jersey. I consider this a rivalry.."

Anybody who's a normal human being would assume that you were including yourself as one of those Raptors fans who hated Vince and the Nets. OK, I was wrong, why are you making such a big deal out of it? Just say it as it is, don't question why I made an assumption.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: