Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #31
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: 2015 MVP/DPOY Standings.

how funny would it be if that ginger on the bengals won mvp?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #32
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
how funny would it be if that ginger on the bengals won mvp?
him or carson palmer would be good pick tbh
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #33
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Neither would be good picks right now considering Tom Brady exists.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #34
Le Shaqtus
Go Pack Go

Given Packers not so stellar offensive displays the last 2 weeks and Rodgers 2 INT's. I would put Brady above him right now. It's still close though.

Dalton and Palmer are up there too.
Le Shaqtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #35
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Dalton
4. Palmer
5. Ryan

that's what I got so far
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #36
West-Side
Goat Loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Dalton
4. Palmer
5. Ryan

that's what I got so far

Cam Newton
809 yards, 7 TD - 2 INT, 88.5 QB rating
195 rushing yards, 2 TD
4-0

Matt Ryan
1456 yards, 6 TD - 4 INT, 90.7 QB rating
42 rushing yards, 0 TD
5-0

Cam Newton has Ted Ginn Jr. as his best target; Ryan has Julio Jones, Hester & White. Yet, Cam has scored 3 more TDs for his team in 1 less game. Their QB rating is pretty similar yet Cam has rushed for 150 more yards in 1 less game and scored 2 more TDs due to his scrambling ability.

I'd say Cam is easily more valuable to his team than Ryan is to his.
Heck, both Jones & Freeman are better candidates than Ryan is so far.
Freeman has 400+ yards & 8 TDs and Jones has nearly 550 receiving yards (2nd behind Hopkins).
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

yeah, I guess Cam has a decent case over Ryan

really close
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Brady may have a slight edge over Rodgers right now because he still hasn't thrown an INT but that won't last just like how Rodgers wasn't going to go the whole season without an interception. They'll be neck and neck all season and the vote should be close. But you should all be rooting for Brady for one reason:

Just imagine Roger Goodell presenting Tom Brady, the guy he tried to ban for the month in which Brady was the AFC's top offensive player, with the MVP award a week before the Patriots play in the Superbowl.

Roger Goodell is well-paid and has strong motivation to be the Commissioner for as long as possible...but I think that having to give Tom Brady the MVP award the very season after the Deflategate drama would be reason enough to quit.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #39
West-Side
Goat Loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Brady may have a slight edge over Rodgers right now because he still hasn't thrown an INT but that won't last just like how Rodgers wasn't going to go the whole season without an interception. They'll be neck and neck all season and the vote should be close. But you should all be rooting for Brady for one reason:

Just imagine Roger Goodell presenting Tom Brady, the guy he tried to ban for the month in which Brady was the AFC's top offensive player, with the MVP award a week before the Patriots play in the Superbowl.

Roger Goodell is well-paid and has strong motivation to be the Commissioner for as long as possible...but I think that having to give Tom Brady the MVP award the very season after the Deflategate drama would be reason enough to quit.

Your post makes zero sense.
Why would he retire? Oh wait you're a Boston fan and just think the NFL are against NE.

Fact is, they were caught several times doing suspicious things. Disregard the cheating, Brady is still arguably the greatest QB of all-time.

Considering everything (individual play & team accomplishments) he has a case for being the best player ever.

I do think Rodgers is a better QB though and is on pace to be better than Brady. Mobility is the tie-breaker, plus I think Aaron has better long-range accuracy. Still, Rodgers has to keep this up for another 7-10 years AND win at least 1 more superbowl.

Right now, I'd give the edge to Brady. 0 INTs and New England are simply destroying teams at the moment.

GB & NE in the Super-Bowl would be epic.
One thing I do think Brady has over Rodgers is clutch though. (he has that over everyone though)
Old 10-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #40
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Your post makes zero sense.
Why would he retire? Oh wait you're a Boston fan and just think the NFL are against NE.
No, you just completely misunderstood me. Sometimes you guys make me feel like I'm writing in Greek.
Quote:
Fact is, they were caught several times doing suspicious things. Disregard the cheating, Brady is still arguably the greatest QB of all-time.
Not what I was talking about. I don't care whether or not Brady orchestrated the 11.5 psi tragedy. I am talking about how hard it would be for Goodell to have to honor Brady with the league's most prestigious award the season after he went to court vs. Brady trying to suspend him and lost.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #41
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
No, you just completely misunderstood me. Sometimes you guys make me feel like I'm writing in Greek.
Not what I was talking about. I don't care whether or not Brady orchestrated the 11.5 psi tragedy. I am talking about how hard it would be for Goodell to have to honor Brady with the league's most prestigious award the season after he went to court vs. Brady trying to suspend him and lost.

He would just get Troy Vincent to do it for him.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #42
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:

Stop your cuck shit son.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:12 AM   #43
TonyMontana
Banned

I wish JJ Watt was on a team that was relevant. Could you imagine him on the Packers or a similar team with an established QB?

Not necesarilly talking about this year, but the past two years or so he's just been so much better than any defensive player...maybe the best defensive player of all-time, yet his team is still complete shit because an individual defensive player can only do so much, especially when you have arguable the worst QB situation in the league.

Would be insane to see him on the Packers with Rodgers, and that defense.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Stop your cuck shit son.
I have a hard time believing that even you think that what you have to say matters.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:52 AM   #45
West-Side
Goat Loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
I wish JJ Watt was on a team that was relevant. Could you imagine him on the Packers or a similar team with an established QB?

Not necesarilly talking about this year, but the past two years or so he's just been so much better than any defensive player...maybe the best defensive player of all-time, yet his team is still complete shit because an individual defensive player can only do so much, especially when you have arguable the worst QB situation in the league.

Would be insane to see him on the Packers with Rodgers, and that defense.

So far, Norman has been better and more valuable than even Watt.
4 INT, 2 TD, 8 PD.

- 1 INT was game saving, vs. NO
- 1 INT was game clinching
- 3 PD directly took away a touchdown
- 2 INT directly attributed to 6 points for Carolina

That's insane.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: