Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default NFL Draft is coming up... Who is going number 1?

Who will Al Davis pick? Will he trade? I think Russell will go number 1 to the Raiders. But i wouldnt put it past Al to draft like Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson number 1.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NFL Draft is coming up... Who is going number 1?

culpepper to the raiders is being rumored and then the raiders would take calvin johnson presumably.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
culpepper to the raiders is being rumored and then the raiders would take calvin johnson presumably.
the worse thing they could do is trade for culpepper... i would trade down get quinn plus get additional picks.... dont think there are any real impact players this draft to really warrant a trade up... WR are not impact players to be taken so high IMHO...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
the worse thing they could do is trade for culpepper... i would trade down get quinn plus get additional picks.... dont think there are any real impact players this draft to really warrant a trade up... WR are not impact players to be taken so high IMHO...
culpepper is getting cut by miami b/c they are getting green. and the raiders will then sign pepper for nothing and pick calvin johnson
Old 04-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

Culpepper will be in the CFL in 1 year.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
culpepper is getting cut by miami b/c they are getting green. and the raiders will then sign pepper for nothing and pick calvin johnson

Dolphins are gonna be good next year. I know every1 said that last year but they proved they were capable of winning during the final stretch of games
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Hold your horses kid....both teams are talkin trade. Trent wants to be in Miami. Miami wants Trent...the holdup? They cant agree on a trade/deal. So its still ongoing and will drag out until the draft. Both sides cant come to an agreement.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
-primetime-

if they were smart they would trade down to the #4 spot for Peterson, keep Moss, and draft a decent QB at the top of the second round...that is what I would do anyway...

Al will end up doing something like drafting Troy Smith with the #1 pick...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
if they were smart they would trade down to the #4 spot for Peterson, keep Moss, and draft a decent QB at the top of the second round...that is what I would do anyway...

Al will end up doing something like drafting Troy Smith with the #1 pick...
locking up too much cap in lamont jordan and dominic rhodes wtf are ya talking about???

I hope the Falcons dont trade up for Calvin Johnson that would destroy his career and earning potential.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10146830

Quote:
I keep hearing about him getting cut but they paid a price for him and I would imagine get something for him... but if they are stupid enough to cut him then so be it...

Last edited by Rameek : 04-24-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #10
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
locking up too much cap in lamont jordan and dominic rhodes wtf are ya talking about???

true...I forgot abot them signing Rhodes

but then you have to say the same about Moss if you think they should take CJ

I guess the best move would be to trade down to Tampa...they will take CJ at 1 and then the Raiders would get either Russel or Quinn plus another pick from Tampa....
Old 04-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
true...I forgot abot them signing Rhodes

but then you have to say the same about Moss if you think they should take CJ

I guess the best move would be to trade down to Tampa...they will take CJ at 1 and then the Raiders would get either Russel or Quinn plus another pick from Tampa....

Thats not enough
Old 04-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Thats not enough

to move up three spots?

you might get next year's number one...

plus Tampa might think that CJ will fall to them anyway...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
to move up three spots?

you might get next year's number one...

plus Tampa might think that CJ will fall to them anyway...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Yeah i wasnt sure what that "other pick" was. It has to be atleast another #1. And they also gotta talk #2 or #3 either this year or next. Its only right even if that isnt given. Gotta put it out there...then bargain down.

I think CJ will fall myself too. But the possibilty Detroit scoops him is probably what scares TB.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Yeah i wasnt sure what that "other pick" was. It has to be atleast another #1. And they also gotta talk #2 or #3 either this year or next. Its only right even if that isnt given. Gotta put it out there...then bargain down.

I think CJ will fall myself too. But the possibilty Detroit scoops him is probably what scares TB.
Dont they still have Furrey in Detroit? They just signed McDonald from the Rams along with Roy Williams to take CJ at that spot with that history at WR...

What makes things difficult predicting who will go where with 2 of the stupidest franchises at the top of the board and perriniel loser with the Browns right behind, Washington with a greedy owner just dont know what can happen...
Gotta love these moments...

I think Tampa will do all it can to trade up to take CJ...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:

Dont they still have Furrey in Detroit? They just signed McDonald from the Rams along with Roy Williams to take CJ at that spot with that history at WR...

What makes things difficult predicting who will go where with 2 of the stupidest franchises at the top of the board and perennial loser with the Browns right behind, Washington with a greedy owner just dont know what can happen...
Gotta love these moments...

I think Tampa will do all it can to trade up to take CJ...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: