Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM   #16
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NFL Draft is coming up... Who is going number 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Dont they still have Furrey in Detroit? They just signed McDonald from the Rams along with Roy Williams to take CJ at that spot with that history at WR...

What makes things difficult predicting who will go where with 2 of the stupidest franchises at the top of the board and perennial loser with the Browns right behind, Washington with a greedy owner just dont know what can happen...
Gotta love these moments...

I think Tampa will do all it can to trade up to take CJ...
the raiders will get CJ and culpepper... or trade for jeff garcia and get CJ
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #17
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Detroit picking calvin johnson is being rumored
Old 04-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #18
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

bump
Old 04-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Detroit picking calvin johnson is being rumored
this won't happen...

I have heard a rumor for almost every team in the NFL to take that guy

you can quote me on this prediction though:

CJ is going to end up in either Tampa, Denver, or Atlanta....and Detriot is going to take one of those teams for almost everything they have...
Old 04-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #20
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Please Al, don't **** this up. Us Raider fans suffered horribly during last year's two win season. We earned the top pick and we deserve Russell.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #21
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
this won't happen...

I have heard a rumor for almost every team in the NFL to take that guy

you can quote me on this prediction though:

CJ is going to end up in either Tampa, Denver, or Atlanta....and Detriot is going to take one of those teams for almost everything they have...

Detroit taking Johnson would be stupid, they need an O-line so I think Thomas is their guy. Maybe Adams, but a WR would be an absolute waste at #2.

I have also heard of Denver trying to trade up to the second to get CJ but haven't seen anything about who they're willing to give up. I checked all the papers and didn't find anything so if anyone knows it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm drooling thinking about Javon Walker and Johnson lining up across from each other. Too bad Cutler is our QB...
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:53 PM   #22
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Detroit taking Johnson would be stupid, they need an O-line so I think Thomas is their guy. Maybe Adams, but a WR would be an absolute waste at #2.

I have also heard of Denver trying to trade up to the second to get CJ but haven't seen anything about who they're willing to give up. I checked all the papers and didn't find anything so if anyone knows it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm drooling thinking about Javon Walker and Johnson lining up across from each other. Too bad Cutler is our QB...

I can't wait for this draft...it has been a long time since we had a draft that no one was sure who the #1 pick is going to be...

last year at this time Houston had already finished the contract with Mario Williams...

how crazy would that be if Oakland decided to take CJ at #1....that would just throw the biggest wrench in the entire draft...phone lines would be going absolutly nuts...

and now I am hearing rumors that Jerry might try to trade up to take Peterson...holy sh-it would that make my day
Old 04-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #23
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I can't wait for this draft...it has been a long time since we had a draft that no one was sure who the #1 pick is going to be...

last year at this time Houston had already finished the contract with Mario Williams...

how crazy would that be if Oakland decided to take CJ at #1....that would just throw the biggest wrench in the entire draft...phone lines would be going absolutly nuts...

and now I am hearing rumors that Jerry might try to trade up to take Peterson...holy sh-it would that make my day

I am more excited to see any big trades that will be going down rather than the actual draft. I am pumped to see how the top 8-10 picks turn out though, aside from the Broncos the Cardinals are one of my favorite teams and I'm really excited to see what they do at 5.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #24
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:

yea i think this year has 4 bonafide no.1's
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #25
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yea i think this year has 4 bonafide no.1's
Who?? All i see is Calvin Johnson. I hope your not refering to Rohan Davey(Russell) and Tim Couch(Quinn) as number 1s
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:59 PM   #26
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Who?? All i see is Calvin Johnson. I hope your not refering to Rohan Davey(Russell) and Tim Couch(Quinn) as number 1s
haha davey was very short and couch came from a crappy college system which made him look good.

AP, Cal, quinn, and russell would all be good number 1's in other years. i mean alex smith was taken no.1 and he was far worse than both quinn and russell.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:46 AM   #27
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
haha davey was very short and couch came from a crappy college system which made him look good.

AP, Cal, quinn, and russell would all be good number 1's in other years. i mean alex smith was taken no.1 and he was far worse than both quinn and russell.
i think there is clearly a number 1 and a bunch of other guys...
this is the weakest top end draft...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The Colts are in trouble!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Cornerback Jason David signed a four-year contract with New Orleans on Friday, filling a Saints' trouble spot while leaving the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts with another hole to fill.

The Colts had a week to match New Orleans' offer sheet. David was the second starting cornerback to leave Indianapolis this offseason; Nick Harper signed with Tennessee.

"We are obviously pleased to add Jason to our mix in the secondary," Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said in a statement. "This is a positive addition as we make final preparations for this weekend's draft. Jason is a young, emerging player with his best years ahead of him."

The 24-year-old David will reportedly receive about $16 million, a cost the Colts considered too much under the league's $102 million salary cap.

Indianapolis will get a fourth-round draft pick from the Saints, giving it three in the round and nine overall. The NFL draft starts Saturday.

The Colts declined to comment Friday.

Indy has lost four starters -- David, Harper, former Pro Bowl linebacker Cato June and running back Dominic Rhodes -- since beating Chicago in the Super Bowl. Also gone are third receiver Brandon Stokley and defensive tackle Montae Reagor, starters until sustaining season-ending injuries in 2006.

Safety Mike Doss, who lost his starting job to rookie Antoine Bethea last season, signed with the Minnesota Vikings. The Colts are still waiting for medical reports before making a decision about former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Corey Simon, who missed all of last season with an undisclosed illness.

Harper and David combined for 87 regular-season starts, 358 tackles and 17 interceptions over the past three seasons.

New Orleans had been seeking more depth at cornerback heading into the draft.

"What's hard to find in free agency are corners, left tackles and defensive ends," Saints coach Sean Payton said recently. "You've got to draft those. Otherwise you'll pay a lot for them."

Fred Thomas, an 11-year veteran, was beaten on several long plays in the NFC championship game loss at Chicago. Bernard Berrian broke loose from Thomas and scored on a 33-yard pass to seal the victory.

A week earlier, Thomas lost track of Donte' Stallworth on a long touchdown pass in a playoff win against Philadelphia.

Thomas stayed on the Saints' roster after agreeing to a pay cut.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
if they were smart they would trade down to the #4 spot for Peterson, keep Moss, and draft a decent QB at the top of the second round...that is what I would do anyway...

Moss will never play in Oakland again. He's basically been avoiding the new coaching staff. Look for Moss to be traded to the Packers today, or be cutlater down the line.

Last edited by Spike Spiegel : 04-28-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #30
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah, apparently Moss will be somewhere else by Monday.

hmmmm, I wish I knew more about the draft so I could actually care after the 2nd round.

btw, where is Troy Smith projected to go? did he even declare?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: