Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Islam is #1. Positive ISLAM Talk Here

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Any more positives besides food?

Banned

Since I don't know much about Islam....I will post the positives from a Muslim's perspective in the Middle East.

I will pick the countries that have enacted Sharia Law because that is what the book says and it is very similar to the origin of Islam.

We all hate thieves. I hate when people steal from others' hard work. Solution to this?

5-time NBA All-Star

Benefits
    Source: Personal Observations

- Tranquility.
    Tranquility in the sense of a harmonious, blissful, stable level of happiness consistently throughout the day. The same feeling you get after a 20 minute meditation session can be achieved, more or less, through a consistent 5X a day prayer.
    Not sadness, not cocaine-level high, not anger; but a peace that almost never subsides but only increases in response to the love and charity rendered.... .an Unconquerable Peace. Moreover, I have not received a single headache in years despite using electronics excessively, likely due to the "Sujud" position which discharges EMF's onto the ground.

The best way I can describe it is you feel like the picture below with everything glowing and feeling connected to the Earth and the Heavens... At-One-Ment

and when you miss prayers repeatedly.. you feel like you're in some kind of Hell; racing thoughts, anxiety, collapsing, inefficient, disconnected, de-energized etc. etc.

- Connection with the Creator
    Some may not believe in God, but others are incredibly sensitive in feeling His presence. And how do I explain this in words? There's nothing quite like it. Ask 2 billions Christians, and 1 million Muslims (with the additional millions of other practitioners) the feeling of love, contentment, security when during periods of worship.

It makes sense that some of the highlights of a Puritan Pilgrims life would be to sing in Church as it creates an ecstatic atmosphere that, in my opinion, overrides the joy a concert or a basketball game has to offer (although the latter are wonderful as well)

- Dhikr
    Spending time in pondering the 99 Allah's greatest names aids enormously into refining one's manners. All our parents already taught the basics: please, thank you, washing your hands, etc. etc. but it's the goal of every Muslim to derive their way of doing things from
    - Al-Adl (The Most Just)
    Objective justice is imperative and it is said in the Qu'ran that after death, when one recollects the things they had done in life, everything will be taken into account including your circumstances, state of mind, guidance, how you felt that day, knowledge at the time, and other factors. Not even the brilliant Judge Judy is that impartial.
    -Al-Wadood (The Most Loving)
    It is said that God loves his creations several magnitudes more than a mother loves their infant.
    -As-Salam (The Source of Peace)

-Al-Taqdir (The Capable)

-Al-Baqi (The Relentless)

-As-Sabr (The Most Patient)
    Instead of getting agitated or losing one's cool when things don't get wrong, just continue to patiently, persevere..endure..endure a little bit more.. just a bit more. And the light of the end of the tunnel will be right there.

- Integration of the Classic Virtues
    All the Prophets and all the Heroes and all the men we look up to and hope to equal or surpass with our competitive streak have an abundance of.. virtue. Instead of comparing humans in their wealth and looks department which are (in my opinion) decided from birth moreso than the more Plastic capacity to develop their behavior and mind, it's nice to see good in others. Be it courage, compassion etc. etc.

- Truth and Freedom
    Despite religion becoming rather perverse in the modern day to some, and being labeled such things like "the opiate of the masses" or "a way to control people" and loaded with the unquestionable dogma that so irritates many; it's origin was actually Liberation, Truth, and other high ideals. The original prophet of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity was Abraham who questioned the way his father's community did things and stood up for what he believed was wrong i.e. the worship of inanimate objects. He was an incredibly honest man and wanted to lead his people into seeing that God was not an object.. but an unimaginable ... that Has Always Been and Will Always Be.

Likewise Moses/Musa led his people away from tyrants and oppressors when worldly pursuits like avarice and self-preservation tainted the soul of the Pharoah to the point where HE WAS SLAUGHTERING INFANT BOYS.

Reading the Qu'ran is a different experience from reading any other book. Other books can often be grasped using the traditional 1) Outline 2) Analyze 3) Criticize process as Mortimer Adler so eloquently wrote. With the Qu'ran, things didn't start making sense until you REALLY focused on using your right brain, speaking very slowly. Example:

Wa Duha
    Wa Layli Idha Saja

By the morning and the night, (Speaking in opposite phases)

Ma Waduka Rabuka Wa ma Qala
    Wa lal Akhirata Khayrul Laka Minal Ula

Your Lord does not hate you, and the Hereafter is far better than this World (Be Patient you are undergoing a vicious trial)

Wa la sawfa yuateeka rabuka fatarda
    Alam ya jidka ya teeman faawa

Did he not find you lost and give you guidance? (Speaks in opposite phases, of darkness then Light)

Wawajadaka Dallan fahada

Did he not find you an orphan and relieved you? (Again, darkness before.. persevere patiently.. then Light)

Wawajadaka Aa Elan faghna

Did he not find you a poor man and gave you wealth? (Again, darkness before.. be patient.. then Light)

Fa amal ya teema fala taqhar
    Wa amas sa ela fala tanhar

So when an orphan or a beggar comes; grant them provisions. (You too can be the one that may be the shining light for another human)

Wa ama binaimatin Rabika fahadith.

As your Lord Wills.

- A mind with death and impending judgment is likely to be more cautious, and more correct in making decisions.
    Thinking about death (multiple times a day) and serious matters as how you lead your life before you stand before Allah; in conjunction with the prohibition of alcohol and drugs generally keeps your mind sharp. Really really sharp. You allocate your energies on the important stuff.

Others can add their input.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    There are positives. The idea of fasting to empathize with the poor, donating to charity, most of the teachings are positive like what can be found in other religious books, etc.
    You forgot the most important one.

Love for Albanians. Love for their willingness not to commit genocide against the Turks from their strength of goodness and forgiveness. Love for their love of coffee. Love for the sheep they so deliciously prepare. Love for their STRENGTH in REFUSING to be Greek or Italian; two far more populated areas with enormous gargantuam histories.

I took for granted the Albanian people in my life. People from Tirana and a people from Pristina were so kind and friendly towards me. They were everywhere and with me every step of the way during difficult times in college. If I could go back I would treat them with the utmost respect and hospitality.

I never really appreciated how great of people gencbiba, you and knickballer were; always sound-minded through the hard times.

College star

I have no problem with it as long as any religion doesn't change the way i live. If it's religion that makes them a better person so be it.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Halal Food... ain't nothing wrong with that.
    53rd and 6th past 7pm.

Best street food in the US hands down.

I had a muslim friend growing up

he gave me nan bread once

it was delicious

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    I had a muslim friend growing up

he gave me nan bread once

it was delicious

Sounds like a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Since I don't know much about Islam....I will post the positives from a Muslim's perspective in the Middle East.

I will pick the countries that have enacted Sharia Law because that is what the book says and it is very similar to the origin of Islam.

We all hate thieves. I hate when people steal from others' hard work. Solution to this?

They were courteous enough to leave him his forearms?

What a peaceful people

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Benefits
    Source: Personal Observations

- Tranquility.
    Tranquility in the sense of a harmonious, blissful, stable level of happiness consistently throughout the day. The same feeling you get after a 20 minute meditation session can be achieved, more or less, through a consistent 5X a day prayer.
    Not sadness, not cocaine-level high, not anger; but a peace that almost never subsides but only increases in response to the love and charity rendered.... .an Unconquerable Peace. Moreover, I have not received a single headache in years despite using electronics excessively, likely due to the "Sujud" position which discharges EMF's onto the ground.

The best way I can describe it is you feel like the picture below with everything glowing and feeling connected to the Earth and the Heavens... At-One-Ment

and when you miss prayers repeatedly.. you feel like you're in some kind of Hell; racing thoughts, anxiety, collapsing, inefficient, disconnected, de-energized etc. etc.

- Connection with the Creator
    Some may not believe in God, but others are incredibly sensitive in feeling His presence. And how do I explain this in words? There's nothing quite like it. Ask 2 billions Christians, and 1 million Muslims (with the additional millions of other practitioners) the feeling of love, contentment, security when during periods of worship.

It makes sense that some of the highlights of a Puritan Pilgrims life would be to sing in Church as it creates an ecstatic atmosphere that, in my opinion, overrides the joy a concert or a basketball game has to offer (although the latter are wonderful as well)

- Dhikr
    Spending time in pondering the 99 Allah's greatest names aids enormously into refining one's manners. All our parents already taught the basics: please, thank you, washing your hands, etc. etc. but it's the goal of every Muslim to derive their way of doing things from
    - Al-Adl (The Most Just)
    Objective justice is imperative and it is said in the Qu'ran that after death, when one recollects the things they had done in life, everything will be taken into account including your circumstances, state of mind, guidance, how you felt that day, knowledge at the time, and other factors. Not even the brilliant Judge Judy is that impartial.
    -Al-Wadood (The Most Loving)
    It is said that God loves his creations several magnitudes more than a mother loves their infant.
    -As-Salam (The Source of Peace)

-Al-Taqdir (The Capable)

-Al-Baqi (The Relentless)

-As-Sabr (The Most Patient)
    Instead of getting agitated or losing one's cool when things don't get wrong, just continue to patiently, persevere..endure..endure a little bit more.. just a bit more. And the light of the end of the tunnel will be right there.

- Integration of the Classic Virtues
    All the Prophets and all the Heroes and all the men we look up to and hope to equal or surpass with our competitive streak have an abundance of.. virtue. Instead of comparing humans in their wealth and looks department which are (in my opinion) decided from birth moreso than the more Plastic capacity to develop their behavior and mind, it's nice to see good in others. Be it courage, compassion etc. etc.

- Truth and Freedom
    Despite religion becoming rather perverse in the modern day to some, and being labeled such things like "the opiate of the masses" or "a way to control people" and loaded with the unquestionable dogma that so irritates many; it's origin was actually Liberation, Truth, and other high ideals. The original prophet of Islam, Judaism, and Christianity was Abraham who questioned the way his father's community did things and stood up for what he believed was wrong i.e. the worship of inanimate objects. He was an incredibly honest man and wanted to lead his people into seeing that God was not an object.. but an unimaginable ... that Has Always Been and Will Always Be.

Likewise Moses/Musa led his people away from tyrants and oppressors when worldly pursuits like avarice and self-preservation tainted the soul of the Pharoah to the point where HE WAS SLAUGHTERING INFANT BOYS.

Reading the Qu'ran is a different experience from reading any other book. Other books can often be grasped using the traditional 1) Outline 2) Analyze 3) Criticize process as Mortimer Adler so eloquently wrote. With the Qu'ran, things didn't start making sense until you REALLY focused on using your right brain, speaking very slowly. Example:

Wa Duha
    Wa Layli Idha Saja

By the morning and the night, (Speaking in opposite phases)

Ma Waduka Rabuka Wa ma Qala
    Wa lal Akhirata Khayrul Laka Minal Ula

Your Lord does not hate you, and the Hereafter is far better than this World (Be Patient you are undergoing a vicious trial)

Wa la sawfa yuateeka rabuka fatarda
    Alam ya jidka ya teeman faawa

Did he not find you lost and give you guidance? (Speaks in opposite phases, of darkness then Light)

Wawajadaka Dallan fahada

Did he not find you an orphan and relieved you? (Again, darkness before.. persevere patiently.. then Light)

Wawajadaka Aa Elan faghna

Did he not find you a poor man and gave you wealth? (Again, darkness before.. be patient.. then Light)

Fa amal ya teema fala taqhar
    Wa amas sa ela fala tanhar

So when an orphan or a beggar comes; grant them provisions. (You too can be the one that may be the shining light for another human)

Wa ama binaimatin Rabika fahadith.

As your Lord Wills.

- A mind with death and impending judgment is likely to be more cautious, and more correct in making decisions.
    Thinking about death (multiple times a day) and serious matters as how you lead your life before you stand before Allah; in conjunction with the prohibition of alcohol and drugs generally keeps your mind sharp. Really really sharp. You allocate your energies on the important stuff.

Others can add their input.
    mashallah. may we all transcend our tests in this life

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    They were courteous enough to leave him his forearms?

What a peaceful people
    that injury was self- inflicted. the guy in the picture put his hands in the path of a speeding train

I'm not a Muslim but JEFFERSON MONEY's post shows the positive side of religion exceptionally well... all those aspects that have made it so successful (and most likely irreplaceable) for human beings.

Religion is not just about beliefs... it's about how those beliefs translate into daily practices and experiences that make life better for yourself and everyone else. Spiritual fulfillment, discipline, positive habits etc... you may get each of those things individually outside of religion, but someone of deep faith often gets all of those benefits at once.