Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

jeffreyodham has an OK reputation so far
Default Another Tarheel joining the Cats?

Now that Brandon Wright has decalred for the 2007 NBA Draft, does anyone think he will still be available for the Cats 8th pick? I personally don't think so, but I wish he were. Call me crazy, but I would love to see the long-arm, lanky Wright down low in a Cats uniform. The more Tarheels the better...they breed sucess!
jeffreyodham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Another Tarheel joining the Cats?

He wont be at the 8th pick. He wil lget drafted either 3rd or 4th.

I despise homer statements like " the more Tarheels the better " and hope you arent saying that we need to draft a tarheel player instead of a player more talented than that particular player. On another board I post on someone posted that they would rather draft a UNC player over a more talented player just based on UNC's past success of NBA players reaching stardom which I found ludicrous and bothered me a little.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I doubt Wright will be on the Cats.

And I'm all for drafting as many Tar Heels as possible just as long as they're the right guy for the team. I don't want to pass up on a guy who is clearly for talented and athletic just because he didn't go to UNC.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty

I despise homer statements like " the more Tarheels the better " and hope you arent saying that we need to draft a tarheel player instead of a player more talented than that particular player. On another board I post on someone posted that they would rather draft a UNC player over a more talented player just based on UNC's past success of NBA players reaching stardom which I found ludicrous and bothered me a little.

Did I say the Cats should pass up a more talented player just because he's a Tarheel? NO. And what does "homer statements" mean? I don't care about stardom, I care mostly that the Cats win no matter who is on the team...well, except for Noah from Florida. I swear, if they draft him, I will never watch another Bobcats game, that guy is so freaking stupid "YO, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, YOU KNOW HOW ME AND MY BOYS DO IT, WE DO IT RIGHT YO, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW WE DO IT". (Not an exact quote, but pretty close to what he said after the championship game).
Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I would be absolutely shocked if he dropped to 8th. The farthest I see him dropping is 5.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Yeah, sometimes sentiment gets in the way of good sense. Happens with me all the time. If the goal is to win games and championships then one can't be sentimental. I hated to see Melvin Ely be traded--I just hated that--but you know he hasn't been missed since the trade. Funny how those things work.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:29 AM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyodham
Did I say the Cats should pass up a more talented player just because he's a Tarheel? NO. And what does "homer statements" mean? I don't care about stardom, I care mostly that the Cats win no matter who is on the team...well, except for Noah from Florida. I swear, if they draft him, I will never watch another Bobcats game, that guy is so freaking stupid "YO, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, YOU KNOW HOW ME AND MY BOYS DO IT, WE DO IT RIGHT YO, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW HOW WE DO IT". (Not an exact quote, but pretty close to what he said after the championship game).

Maybe 'homer statements' are statements that show loyalty to one's own. And why not as long as it helps the team. Main reason I was so jazzed about McInnis is that he was with the Clipps when I was in L.A. and I followed him. Same with Corey Maggette. But there had to be an element of wanting them because they were good players, too. Because for example I wouldn't have been rooting for the Cats to get Michael Olowokandi....
Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

How about this lineup of active NBA players (don't think about where they went to school!!!)

C - Rasheed Wallace/Marvin Williams
PF - Antwan Jamison/Sean May
SF - Jerry Stackhouse
SG - Vince Carter/Rashad McCants
PG - Raymond Felton/Jeff McGinnis

I don't care what anyone says, this team would WIN the NBA Championship.

Now, go ahead all of the non Tarheel fans...
Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
How about this lineup of active NBA players (don't think about where they went to school!!!)

C - Rasheed Wallace/Marvin Williams
PF - Antwan Jamison/Sean May
SF - Jerry Stackhouse
SG - Vince Carter/Rashad McCants
PG - Raymond Felton/Jeff McGinnis

I don't care what anyone says, this team would WIN the NBA Championship.

Now, go ahead all of the non Tarheel fans...

This line-up in no way reflects the team as we have known it; our core guys are gone except for Felton. I think that if we lose our core then many of the fans will go bye-bye. I know that it sure wouldn't be the same for me.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #10
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
This line-up in no way reflects the team as we have known it; our core guys are gone except for Felton. I think that if we lose our core then many of the fans will go bye-bye. I know that it sure wouldn't be the same for me.

My posting was not an attempt at a "real-life possible scenario". It was posted in reply to the gentleman that said why pick a Tarheel just because of their past success. It was meant to show how a "ALL TARHEEL" NBA team would look. There is no way this could/would ever happen.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
My posting was not an attempt at a "real-life possible scenario". It was posted in reply to the gentleman that said why pick a Tarheel just because of their past success. It was meant to show how a "ALL TARHEEL" NBA team would look. There is no way this could/would ever happen.

Okay!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #12
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Jeffrey, please enlighten me how that team would win a title. That would probably be the worst defensive team in thie history of the league.

Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, maybe even Houston and Detroit would slaughter them.

Thats good solid team for sure, but NBA title? lol please..
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #13
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

Quote:
Jeffrey, please enlighten me how that team would win a title. That would probably be the worst defensive team in thie history of the league.

Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, maybe even Houston and Detroit would slaughter them.

Thats good solid team for sure, but NBA title? lol please..

Defense? Who cares when you are scoring 130+ every game!
Old 04-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I'm one of the biggest Tar Heel fans on ISH and I can tell you that that lineup won't win the championship. Wallace and Carter have two of the worst attitudes in the game. Stackhouse and Carter would be fighting for the ball most of the time and May and McCants would be injured most of the season.

Yeah, great lineup.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #15
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I'm one of the biggest Tar Heel fans on ISH and I can tell you that that lineup won't win the championship. Wallace and Carter have two of the worst attitudes in the game. Stackhouse and Carter would be fighting for the ball most of the time and May and McCants would be injured most of the season.

Yeah, great lineup.

Well, I see your point about Wallace's attitude. He doesn't represent UNC very well, he's a nappy headed, dude with more ego than skills. I've never heard much about Carter's attitude though. Is there still talk that Carter might be a Cat next season through a free agent signing?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: