Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 04-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #16
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Re: Another Tarheel joining the Cats?

Not as much as there was. I don't think a lot of people in Charlotte actually want him anymore.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Alot of Bobcat fans I know want him because of our glaring need at SG. Face it, Carroll is a nice player and all, but hes not an NBA starter. He would be fantastic off the bench though. Carter gives us 2 things that we need. Star power to fill the seats and a go to guy.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #18
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Alot of Bobcat fans I know want him because of our glaring need at SG. Face it, Carroll is a nice player and all, but hes not an NBA starter. He would be fantastic off the bench though. Carter gives us 2 things that we need. Star power to fill the seats and a go to guy.

Good point. However, I think it's pretty obvious that SG is not the only position lacking. I think that the Cats have few starter quality players--Felton at PG/Wallace at SF/Okafor at either PF or C. Knight, McInnis, Carroll, both Andersons, Voskuhl and possibly May would make for an awesome bench but that leaves the Cats short at either PF or C because Okafor can't play both positions at the same time. (Or can he?) So the team definitely does need a starter at SG as well as PF--because things seem to work better when Okafor plays at C. I guess I've left out Herrmann at SF--any thoughts on whether he's starter material or best on the bench?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #19
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

If we got desperate, he'd be a good SG.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #20
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Question Re: Another Tarheel joining the Cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh

What do you think of my assessment of the players?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #21
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Both of our glaring needs can be addressed in FA and the draft this year. I think next year were looking at a 45 win team.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #22
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh

What do you mean by that statement? What FA would be a better fit? Who do you think we can get in the draft that will provide as much as what VC can?

I was at the Bobcats/Nets game back several weeks ago. I watched VC SINGLEHANDEDLY beat the Cats. The game was fairly tight throughout with the edge going to the hometown Cats. VC scored like 30 or 40 points that night and made a "FREAKIN UNBELIEVEABLE" last second, buzzer beater to send the game to OT. In OT he just took over and I think we lost by almost double-digits.

This guy is an exciting athlete and playmaker. Charlotte has a lot of good young talent, but no SUPERSTAR. He can put butts in the seats which means a profit for the owners, which in turn will cause them to spend more money to make the team better.

I am 110% for bring VC to Charlotte.
jeffreyodham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #23
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Would love to see VC or someone of his caliber!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #24
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyodham
What do you mean by that statement? What FA would be a better fit? Who do you think we can get in the draft that will provide as much as what VC can?

I was at the Bobcats/Nets game back several weeks ago. I watched VC SINGLEHANDEDLY beat the Cats. The game was fairly tight throughout with the edge going to the hometown Cats. VC scored like 30 or 40 points that night and made a "FREAKIN UNBELIEVEABLE" last second, buzzer beater to send the game to OT. In OT he just took over and I think we lost by almost double-digits.

This guy is an exciting athlete and playmaker. Charlotte has a lot of good young talent, but no SUPERSTAR. He can put butts in the seats which means a profit for the owners, which in turn will cause them to spend more money to make the team better.

I am 110% for bring VC to Charlotte.
The problem with VC is he can give you a game like you described but then the next game he will just settle for jumpers and not be aggressive. You are never exactly sure what VC you will get. One night he can look like a top 5 player in the NBA and then the next you wonder why he is even considered a top 10-15 player.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #25
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
The problem with VC is he can give you a game like you described but then the next game he will just settle for jumpers and not be aggressive. You are never exactly sure what VC you will get. One night he can look like a top 5 player in the NBA and then the next you wonder why he is even considered a top 10-15 player.

You're right. The Cats don't need a prima donna and no one with that temperament would fit with the team.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 05-09-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM   #26
jeffreyodham
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
You're right. The Cats don't need a prima donna and no one with that temperament would fit with the team.

What? You just said in a previous post, and I quote:

"Would love to see VC or someone of his caliber!"

Which is it?:rollingeyes:
jeffreyodham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #27
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyodham
What? You just said in a previous post, and I quote:

"Would love to see VC or someone of his caliber!"

Which is it?:rollingeyes:

Now would I confuse anyone....................
I've seen VC play well and show a good attitude but most of you guys know lots more about that stuff than I do. If VC were available and had a good attitude and played consistently well, then I'd love to see him on the team. But if he's inconsistent and has an attitude problem then I don't want to see him on the team but do want someone with his talent. Is that more clear?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:43 AM   #28
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Now would I confuse anyone....................
I've seen VC play well and show a good attitude but most of you guys know lots more about that stuff than I do. If VC were available and had a good attitude and played consistently well, then I'd love to see him on the team. But if he's inconsistent and has an attitude problem then I don't want to see him on the team but do want someone with his talent. Is that more clear?
I understand what you are talking about. You want VC is he gives it his all and doesn't set a bad example for the young players but you don't want him if he slacks off and sets bad examples. Am I right?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #29
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
I understand what you are talking about. You want VC is he gives it his all and doesn't set a bad example for the young players but you don't want him if he slacks off and sets bad examples. Am I right?

That's what I mean. There may be players out there who would be better for the Cats team so I'm not hung up on any one player.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #30
liverpooty
Local High School Star

If VC is available and the Bobcats dont get him it would be a huge mistake. Everyone pins stuff on him for what he did in his Toronto days, but since he became a Net he has been dynamite. Not only would he be a HUGE help at SG ( Sorry Matt Carroll, but you just arent in the same league ) but he would draw loads of fans to the arena. All in all its just a great fit. Not to mention we would have one of the most athletically gifted starting 5's in the league with him, wallace, okafor, and felton.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: